• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

who else does this ????

Any of you guys go to those craft shows that also sell dips and sauces and try there food??
the other day i was at a booth and the lady is all saying how to only try a drop at a time as she was holding a bottle of sauce.
well i tried it and well... about as hot as tabasco comes to mind.
so i take a paper sample cup and fill it and drink it and all the people are OMG you are gonna die bla bla bla .
I then do it again and ask if this is there mild and if they have a hotter one..

I... like alot of you guys am on a higher level.

shayne

well i've had similar situations but not at a sauce vendor booth. mainly, as posted in the other thread in the lounge, it involves places selling food that they claim is hot or even very/extremely hot. then you start eating it and are let down.

ha i've had the opposite happen to me once. i just recently bought a bottle of megadeath from blair's. first, i put a small drop on a chip to try it out. "ehh, not so bad." so i think to myself..this stuff has to be hotter than that. i pour a decent amount on the chip..not much, but much more than before. THEN i notice a distinct burning of everything that touched the stuff! :lol: now i consider it one of the hottest sauces i've ever had, if not the hottest.

I have learned probably the same way as you people have. Mostly disappointed with what is considered hot n spicy. So whenever I eat out for wings, or any other dish that I would like H/S, I ask them to make it as hot n spicy as they can, n then I ask them to put it in a to go package, even though I am actually staying there.
The reason for the take out packaging is that, if thier sauce needs a little kick to it, I can add mine at this point without making a huge mess. But I do have to say, this method dose attract attention.

Oh ya, I do that alot. I'm at the point now where I'm having three or four Red Savina Habaneros on my breakfest burritos in the morning and people's jaws just drop open when I don't even break a sweat.

loong ago i n a galaxy far far away opps wrong board. anyway many years ago when i was working at a ski lodge in the kitchen we used to brake in the new kitchen staff by doing shots of 50% tabasco sauce and 50% Tequila. I was there 6 years and i was never beat. probably cause i used to drinck it all day. well at least the tequila. course that might explain the brain damage i guess your not supposed to drink a fith a day. but that was before i was married and had kids.

this last weekend at a wedding that has ties to Unkle Big so I brought along a bottle to show my relatives the pic on the bottle of Unkle big.
they all remember him and then after a little chit chat about hot sauce it was opened.
I was bragging about how much i can eat and well lets just say i told to put up or shut up!!
a full teaspoon .
then another ...
then another ....
a few others tried a drop and they were feelin it real bad .
I was able to then eat more mixed with a little dill sauce and veggies .
what i wonder is am i getting used to the effect of the sauce or am i loosing my abbility to taste hot???
I can eat a spoon of tabasco and i taste very little heat and most of all the vinagar and salt.
but others put a drop of tabasco in soup abd say its too hot...
I was at one time just like that so whats going on here ???

shayne

shayneyasinski said:
what i wonder is am i getting used to the effect of the sauce or am i loosing my abbility to taste hot???
I can eat a spoon of tabasco and i taste very little heat and most of all the vinagar and salt.
but others put a drop of tabasco in soup abd say its too hot...
I was at one time just like that so whats going on here ???

Like any other chemical, your body can build up a tolerance to capsacium. It's no different than caffiene, herion, cocaine...you build up a tolerance to a chemical you frequently encounter.

VtPepper said:
loong ago i n a galaxy far far away opps wrong board. anyway many years ago when i was working at a ski lodge in the kitchen we used to brake in the new kitchen staff by doing shots of 50% tabasco sauce and 50% Tequila. I was there 6 years and i was never beat. probably cause i used to drinck it all day. well at least the tequila. course that might explain the brain damage i guess your not supposed to drink a fith a day. but that was before i was married and had kids.

did you name the the shooters? an oyster in vodka with tabasco is pretty good too.

In midtown Memphis, Oyster shooters are made with beer, Tabasco, and a raw oyster. Vodka sounds like an interesting deviation.

One thing I do with my choices of hot sauces is take them with me wherever I go to eat. They are always in my wifes purse. I get alot of comments from wait staff people in local restaurants but my food is always to my liking.

Back