• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

WHO HERE HAS A COMPUTER

I'm on an Amiga here.....

I think Dick needs to stop trying to intimidate members into giving up personal information.

no one every heard of the sinclair ZX81 with a whole 1k of RAM expandable to a whopping 16k now that was a home computer and a half, oh yea and the icing on the cake was the black and white
Display!

Zilog Z80 cpu ftw!

I got a bunch of crap from like 1983 and later.

I have several of the first computer joysticks..still in the boxes, along with 80-column cards, Epson printer cards, etc. Unfortunatly the computer itself was lost in a move. A shame..not many working computers from 1983 anymore.

These plugged directly into the mobo of a Z-80 type computer. (this was before Intel and the 8080 cpu)

How about a 25Meg Seagate ST-255 MFM hard drive.
It a full height drive (meaning the size of a cd-rom drive) and weighs about 5 lbs. (yes, that's 25 Megabytes)

One of my fave pieces is a Pioneer DRM-600 6-disc 1X SCSI CD-ROM changer.

Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Pioneer-Lase...6976868QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33871QQcmdZViewItem

Back in the day, you'd see those on larger BBS's. ;) Unbeliveably expensive back then.

Just like the MICROPOLIS 2210A 976MB 3.5" IDE drive I have...was over $1000 when it was new back around 1993 and still works just fine....although it won't fit in a modern drive bay..lol

Cool thing about it is it could be setup as both Master and Slave at the same time since there was the 528Mb limit on drive sizes in DOS. That way, it'd showas two drives and you'd be able to use the full capacity.

Ahh, fun times. :D

< cranks up the Amstrad with audio cassette built into keyboard > Now where's my book of programs, if I type all day I can steer a little dot around an oval track - just like real racing :lol:

chuk hell said:
I think Dick needs to stop trying to intimidate members into giving up personal information.

Yeah, they might feel pressed to reveal their holiest secrets just to be in the in-crowd... :lol:

Just about finished to move my Zuse 1 to the new garage. So I might be able to count up to three again in a few days.

giggling here at you youngsters...I was still using a slide rule in high school...didn't even sit down at a computer or get a calculator 'till 85' and had to ask the person next to me how to turn them both on...

Ya, dad tried to teach me how to use a slide rule back in the 70's.
Fortunatly, calculators came out right about then and saved my ass. ;)

First one I had had the red LED's, funky clicky buttons and such. Only went to like 8 places, and ran on a 9v battery.

About like this one except a cheaper knockoff...I can't remmember the brand.

http://datamath.org/BASIC/TI-1200/TI-1250.htm

It was beige & sh1t brown...heheh

AlabamaJack said:
giggling here at you youngsters...I was still using a slide rule in high school...didn't even sit down at a computer or get a calculator 'till 85' and had to ask the person next to me how to turn them both on...

My dad also did his taxes with pencil an paper, I showed him how to use a calculator in 2000 and he said, "how does that do that" it was pretty funny.

Atari 2600
Commodore 64
Mac Quadra 660 AV
Mac Power PC
Dell Optiplex
2 PC's built by me
Mac Titanium Laptop G4
Imac 2.4 gig
Mac G5 dual core (in the studio)

PhatManDerek said:
If, I'm supposely him? How am I here typing at home? And the car was doing it to me LOL

What kind of car was it? Can you sue GM for that? Theres gotta be some sort of retribution for that....LOL

Back