• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

why do we call them glogs when they are in the glog forum? JCR's gjournal.

Well, last years grow was a mxed bag - the early harvests were huge, and well beyond my greatest expectations, however a tropical storm wacked my plants for the rest of the season and I barely harvested a couple of pounds, and lost hundreds of plants.

This year, I'm hoping the tropical weather stays away, and have a plan for recouperating the plants if one strikes again.

Last year I started a lot of my sprouts in my garage at whatever the ambient temp was in november. This year I took a step to help control the temps a bit more than last year - I picked up a 5' by 5' greenhouse from big lots. Its made of thin steel, and thinner plastic, but if I get a year out of it, then it was money well spent (~40$). Next year I'll wrap it with some visqueen or something...

OH! also new since last year is a new camera - last year I was using (and still have) a combination of my cellphone, and a canon sx20. This year I'll be using my shiny new (used) Canon rebel t1i. I've moved into the DSLR world, and am loving it. it takes great low light picturs (and regular light, and great when there is too much light... its a great camera hah). However I forgot to take pictures, and will have to add them tomorrow.

Glist:
sweet banana peppers (15)
Pablano (15)
Cumari Pollux (12)
Y fatallii (6)
Bhut Jolokia (seeds saved from last year)
Rooster Spur (tradewinds fruit).
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion (6)
Aribibi Gusano (Catapillar) (6)
7pot Douglah (6)
C. Chocoense (6)
7pot SR F4
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate fatallii
tiger teeth
Amish Apple
african cayenne mix
condor beek
zimbabwe bird
peruvian yellow aji (wild picked)
7pot jonah
cap 597605
wild picked c. praeternissum
Ghabati india Bhut Jolokia
Muko akokosrad
Impact
chocolate Morouga Scorpion strain 1 (Hixs)
7pot yellow x bhut indian carbon
Chocolate Bhut x yellow 7 pot
7pot infinity monster
chocolate barrackapore
black naga
naga morrich
nebru (4)
cgn21500 (2)
mystery c. chinense
charapita
trinidad scorpion butch t
naga jolokia
chocolate habanero
piment de nayda x orange f2
nmsu bhut jolokia
sweet pickle pepper
piment de nayde

jenny hybrid
caspian pink
cherokee purple
beefsteak
burbank slicing
black brandywine
mariglobe
mister stripey
irabge ckaw
red cherry
martinos roma
Spinach
Blue lake bush beans
scarlet nantose carrots
congo watermellon
chinese eggplant
onions (chives?) pepperjoe
yellow summer squash
butternut squash
cukumber
sunflower
romain lettuce

As always the glist is a work in progress. I have some that overwintered outside. But I'm not going to count any of them until after Jan 28th (last frost date).

I've started about 400 seeds, with plans to add 2-3 more 72 cell jiffy greenhouses in the next few days.

Anyone know of any good varieties that I shoudl be growing but am not? (reapers are on the list... have to trade for some i guess).

my seed list is up at jsschrstrcks.com

Okay, The gang's all here!
All aboard the JCR train!

yeah sorry guys - half my stuff is in NC, and half in Fl. took a job (preaching) here in FL, and am taking my classes this semester online (full time +1 pass or fail class). So in addition to taking care of the garden, the sprouts, classes, homework, and preaching, I'm planning a trip out of state to get the rest of my belongings.

So far, the Jalapenos have done the best (that the spinach and Cilantro). A few of the mystery seeds survived the heat of the first day, but the rest seem to have either gone dormant, or been killed.

I have about 75 Jalapenos up, ~12 mystery c. chinenses, and a container I used last year, that was just sitting in the green house put up a sprout as well. No idea what it was, but I suspect (and hope) its a superhot.

Going to give the un-sprouted seeds another week before I go looking to see what happened, and maybe re-plant.

Will try to be more attentive to my glog =(

Back