• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Why do you keep torturing yourself?

Do you know her? I mean have you ever met her? Can she just not feel the heat or is she like you only much more so. I cannot imagine eating more than two or three of those things. I think it has to be a genetic trait for people from India that have been eating these peppers for generations. I like to think I have a high tolerance and I cannot handle more than a couple in an evening.

JayT said:
Do you know her? I mean have you ever met her? Can she just not feel the heat or is she like you only much more so. I cannot imagine eating more than two or three of those things. I think it has to be a genetic trait for people from India that have been eating these peppers for generations. I like to think I have a high tolerance and I cannNOot handle more than a couple in an evening.

No I do not know her personally. She is from Assam where Naga Jolokia is grown extensively.
Yes, some people are immune to heat.
We Indians have a very high tolerance level because, we consume peppers like westerners consume potato waffers or simply gulp down a coke or pepsi.

I used to powder 7 to 8 kgs of red chilli peppers for one years consumption (including making pickles).And my family had me, my wife and two kids. Of the two kids (both have their own children now), my daughter can eat very hot food. My son is worse than westerners. He has absolutely no tolerence for peppers. He can't bear to eat any.

NJA

Nothing I've eaten, as far as sauce is concerned, has "bitten on the backside" MORE than the sause I make at home. I would suspect that is because the ultrahot sauces and extracts I have (minus The Source) are mainly for collecting and I haven't gotten into them. I'd also infer that the hotter the sauce, the LESS you'd tend to use at a time...

I have had much hotter than my own creations....they just don't seem to hit as hard on "the finish", if you get my meaning...

Any takes on this?

I have one friend who I try and hit any hot spicy food places with when I am in NE OH. She gets it and loves it, a mutual friend of ours cannot even handle a drop of tabasco. It is hard to explain to hot spicy virgins the feeling you get at the end of a meal.

ExtremeBurn said:
haha... i wish i had ur rear!

glad to change my rear for an younger front...;)

Too good to pass up No?

NJA

My sex appeal is passing off
I am in my blues.
What used to salute me in the mornings
Is looking at my shoes. ..........Hahahaha:lol:

I find it interesting that indians eat the most and hottest foods, especially since the pepper is a new world food. Non existant in the old world until 500 yrs ago.

I dunno about that. There has been some research saying that peppers go back thousands of years in some areas.

Back