• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Why does Britain always have the best music artists?

Vodu said:
 One time I saw them in concert, they were touring with Motorhead...Lemmy cancelled that night, but Michael Poulsen (lead singer) did his best Lemmy impersonation and they played the first verse of Ace of Spades and the crowd went wild...

Cradle is decent, their newer stuff is too goth for me...

Yeah Maiden...best band in the world :surprised: Seen them 4 times, never a disappointment.

Hallowed Be Thy Name on vinyl will freakin send chills down your spine...and I am not taking about your old Snoopy record player either.

I heard a 'new' Motorhead song on Octane the other day. I wish I hadn't heard that. :rolleyes: His singing hasn't improved in the last 20 years, that's for sure. 

The best thing about Maiden is that their music and style is living on in A7X. I took my 13 year old to see them a few weeks ago. Very reminiscent of Maiden. Video from the concert shot from my phone in the cheap seats. See any Maiden influence? :D

Edit, couldn't get the video to post right since it is stored on google not youtube. Sorry. 

Jeff H said:

I heard a 'new' Motorhead song on Octane the other day. I wish I hadn't heard that. :rolleyes: His singing hasn't improved in the last 20 years, that's for sure. 

The best thing about Maiden is that their music and style is living on in A7X. I took my 13 year old to see them a few weeks ago. Very reminiscent of Maiden. Video from the concert shot from my phone in the cheap seats. See any Maiden influence? :D

At 58 sec, I pan out to show all the cel phones recording it. See the new Eddie?

https://plus.google.com/photos/102669198925849957944/albums/5933112356869794081/5933112361309559106?partnerid=ogpy0&pid=5933112361309559106&oid=102669198925849957944

I am just not a big metalcore/death metal fan, the music is good but those 'vocals'...not for me.

Lemmy knows he is a crappy singer, it's more about the attitude and the lifestyle...he does what he loves and that is make music.  The new album is very bluesy.  Ever watch the Lemmy documentary?

Album not shared on the video...

Vodu said:
One time I saw them in concert, they were touring with Motorhead...Lemmy cancelled that night, but Michael Poulsen (lead singer) did his best Lemmy impersonation and they played the first verse of Ace of Spades and the crowd went wild...

Cradle is decent, their newer stuff is too goth for me...

Yeah Maiden...best band in the world :surprised: Seen them 4 times, never a disappointment. 

Hallowed Be Thy Name on vinyl will freakin send chills down your spine...and I am not taking about your old Snoopy record player either.

This is what you listen to vinyl on...

DSC00857-small.jpg
Hallowed Be Thy Name is probably my favourite Maiden song. They played it live the first time I saw them and it was freaking amazing!
Nice looking setup! Last time I heard something on vinyl I was a kid and my parents were playing their records lol. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Hallowed Be Thy Name is probably my favourite Maiden song. They played it live the first time I saw them and it was freaking amazing!
Nice looking setup! Last time I heard something on vinyl I was a kid and my parents were playing their records lol. 

Hallowed is my favorite ALL TIME song.  Period.

That is not my system, it's one I installed for a customer of mine, but you will hear music on albums you think you know front to back that you have never heard before...I played "The Number of the Beast" on that system...words cannot begin to describe what I heard.  Pure. Audio. Ecstasy.

Britain had the best prog rock of the seventies.... If you go to progarchives you will find that pretty much every progressive rock band of the seventies were British... So... therefore if your favorite type of music is prog rock (like me)... then naturally it will follow that Britain does produce the best music XD

Long Live British Prog Rock!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2s7giSB4TI

I cannot believe I read this entire thread so far and NO ONE mentioned Oasis. 

:lol:  I mean the Beatles.

JayT said:

I still can't believe that someone mentioned Def Leopard, Sex Pistols, and The Exploited in the same sentence....

That's like saying John Denver and Cannibal Corpse together

JayT said:

Who are the Beatles? Are they like the Cockroaches????? I thought they were from Aussie land. :D :D :D 

Phil said:

I still can't believe that someone mentioned Def Leopard, Sex Pistols, and The Exploited in the same sentence....

That's like saying John Denver and Cannibal Corpse together

No one should ever really mention def Leopard again. Period. 

Speaking of the "I can't believe they didn't get mentioned", nobody has mentioned Madonna yet...

On a serious note, yeah there have been some great Brit bands. But my god. It's been difficult to put up with the bad ones. Wham. Culture Club. Flock of Assholes. The Darkness. Coldplay. Bush. Pet Shop Boys.

On second thought, we'll trade you Pet Shop boys for Kanye...

Naga Chomper said:
Speaking of the "I can't believe they didn't get mentioned", nobody has mentioned Madonna yet... On a serious note, yeah there have been some great Brit bands. But my god. It's been difficult to put up with the bad ones. Wham. Culture Club. Flock of Assholes. The Darkness. Coldplay. Bush. Pet Shop Boys. On second thought, we'll trade you Pet Shop boys for Kanye...

I'll take "Bush" for $500 Alex.

I always though Gavin's band was pretty decent and made some good 'rawk music.

The dude's married to Gwennie for cryin' out loud. Gotta' give him points for that by itself.

texas blues said:

I'll take "Bush" for $500 Alex.

I always though Gavin's band was pretty decent and made some good 'rawk music.

The dude's married to Gwennie for cryin' out loud. Gotta' give him points for that by itself.

Charity marriage...

:-P

Back