Why I Hate IPAs

Nice collection! Which is your favorite PMD? Never seen half of those,  didn’t realize there were so many. The Imperial Red was good, wondering which I should buy next hop Stoopid or Maxiumus.

Grass Snake said:
Nice collection! Which is your favorite PMD? Never seen half of those,  didn’t realize there were so many. The Imperial Red was good, wondering which I should buy next hop Stoopid or Maxiumus.
I really like Hop Stoopid Ale and the Nightime Ale but I think its seasonal, not sure.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an IPA? I figured it is a beer type, as I seriously doubt that the international phonetic alphabet is drinkable. (Yes, I do realize it's an indian pale ale, but what should I compare it with?)

This

250492_10202934858116828_8218960503526050928_n.jpg

The standard to which all others are to be compared in my humble opinion. It's not an "IPA" but it is an American Strong Ale which is similar. Maybe one of our resident brew-masters could enlighten us on the differences.

No Clear bottles
No Green Bottles
No Twist tops
No ABV below 6%
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Sorry to hear that...green bottles and beer are the devil :)
Ones personal "taste" has to be allowed to "develop" with in a particular brew style
Malty,Hoppy etc the more you venture into particular brew styles the further you advance your "taste" preferences.
What taste good "ice cold" may taste better up around 50*F(warmer)
Yes I know that scares the shit out of people in the States that all believe that beer needs to be near ice to be "good".
Aint so,"ice cold" generally applies to shit domestic brews that taste like ass the warmer they get
Well crafted beers demand more respect and understanding by the drinker
Myself "personally" approach high ABV and IBU brews towards the warm side of 45-50*F
Most always they shine well above the low 34* of US expectations

You just have to be adventurous and own a decent temp gun :)
Study brew styles,get an understanding of hoppy verses malty,learn the difference between Lager,Stout,IPA etc
THEN BY A SHIT TON OF BEER and start testing it on you mouth :)

Like the finest of wines around the world,awesome beer IS NOT to be drank "ICE COLD"
FWIW,there isnt a "wine" on this planet I would give a second look to
B E E R .....is where its at!(really)
Pfeffer said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an IPA? I figured it is a beer type, as I seriously doubt that the international phonetic alphabet is drinkable. (Yes, I do realize it's an indian pale ale, but what should I compare it with?)

A growing local brewery is putting IPA in a can. My initial thought was this is a joke, but I'm curious, so I'll probably pick some up soon. What do you guys think?
77627.jpg

There are alot of good canned beers out,the cans are lined to protect the beer
I just havent pulled the trigger on the bendables

Back