• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

why why why

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankles with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That hurt, you stupid idiot?'

When you are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankles with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That hurt, you stupid idiot?'
As for as I am concerned, I would not mind being run over by a girl or a child or an old lady. But dudes doing so would get an earful of expletives from me.

Hey Paul, I'm with you, its not alright and the person doing so has to be told... what the f@#k do you think you are doing - that tends to buy some space; the problem here is they are usually the visual minority pushing their way.

Like NJA says if its little kids there is some lenience.

But too often here, our local visual minority is doing just that, they push the limits, invade the space and no one knows just why they do it. If they were in China, where space is limited okay but they are not. Then, you follow them out side and they have handicap stickers in their vehicals and they are not handicapped - I have fought this for a long time with our local municipality as to who can have a handicap sticker. City council at election time says yah this is wrong and when you ask them what are they going to do about it, they say clamp down. Then, after elected say they can't do anything about it, its doctor patient confidentiality. Next election, I am really going to push this hard, if they want my vote, the local politician is going to have to explain why they can't do anything about it.... they can but don't want to.

I know longer put up with this behaviour.

Hey Paul, I'm with you, its not alright and the person doing so has to be told... what the f@#k do you think you are doing - that tends to buy some space; the problem here is they are usually the visual minority pushing their way.

Like NJA says if its little kids there is some lenience.

But too often here, our local visual minority is doing just that, they push the limits, invade the space and no one knows just why they do it. If they were in China, where space is limited okay but they are not. Then, you follow them out side and they have handicap stickers in their vehicals and they are not handicapped - I have fought this for a long time with our local municipality as to who can have a handicap sticker. City council at election time says yah this is wrong and when you ask them what are they going to do about it, they say clamp down. Then, after elected say they can't do anything about it, its doctor patient confidentiality. Next election, I am really going to push this hard, if they want my vote, the local politician is going to have to explain why they can't do anything about it.... they can but don't want to.

I know longer put up with this behaviour.

OK let me ask you a question Burning Colon, just what makes you think they're not handicapped? You a doctor? You do an examination when they weren't looking? Got access to their patient records? Tell me what does a handicapped person look like? I'd like to know so I can recognize them. Oh wait, I have a handicap sticker myself! You catch me early in the day you might not think I'm disabled. You might follow me out and see my vehicle parked in a handicap spot and point me out and go bark at your elected representative and tell him "Hey that guy isn't disabled, how did he get a sticker?" Must have paid the doctor off huh? For some of us disabled folks it isn't real obvious. I'll admit that there are probably people who do abuse the system out there. But to single out anyone because they don't "look" handicapped is about as rude as a person can get. Tell me since you no longer put up with this behavior whatcha doing about it? You whupping the handicapped that don't look handicapped? I'll start looking more handicapped so you don't come after me. Unbelievable.

Burning Colon,
I second Patick. I've know people who required the handicap sticker that you wouldn't think needed one at a quick glance, but they truly did. One guy drove a corvette and took a lot of slack over it from ignorant people because, I guess handicap people aren't allowed to own certain vehicles!?! People's personal health is nothing you could possibly know, especially by about by following them out of a store. Plus all this "visual minority" talk you use in affiliation with your "problems" might suggest what you're real issues are with.

A) the only people that have run over my heels with shopping carts are my own children.

B) Lupis and Fibromyalgia are painful- and invisible. So is epilepsy, cancer, bone and muscle disorders...and a gazillion other things that decrease mobility. Handicapped people would like to look and be as normal as possible- they dont want attention, or sympathy, but sometimes need the little extra help. The electric cart in the grocery or that handicapped spot makes this "normal" activity of shopping actually possible. Otherwise, they might just not be able to manage it-and they really would like to manage it themselves. Cut some slack.

There are a heck of lot of things in life worse than being hit by a shopping cart. Some people really need to either get a life or not sweat the small things that happen in the one they are living.

YMMV,

Mike

There are a heck of lot of things in life worse than being hit by a shopping cart. Some people really need to either get a life or not sweat the small things that happen in the one they are living.

YMMV,

Mike

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/15535-house-rules/

No, have you ever said some really dumb things, then wondered what the hell you were thinking?

Well, this is one of those posts that I really wasn't thinking, I just responded with a dumb, stupid, unthought response and I am really sorry that I posted the reply!

I formally apologize to anyone you actually read my post whether you agreed with it or not, I woke up very early Saturday morning and said to myself, did I actually write what I thought I wrote? and after revisiting what I wrote.... yep, I was just being out of mind and really, really stupid.

I drive people with MS around as I have done for many years, I take their handicap stickers, park in the closest stall available, wheel them into the whatever mall we are at, then move the vehicle to allow other possible, people who need to be closer to the entrance for whatever reason.

The "visual minority" response was really an idiotic response pointed at new chinese immigrants whose concept of space really differs from mine.(something I still haven't gotten use to, when you are reading a label on an item and someone literally steps in front of you and there physically isn't enough room to fit a human between you and the shelf but somehow they manage). Then, when standing in the checkout line having their cart pushed into the back of your legs like you aren't moving quick enough when there is not place to go. This is all too common occurance and again, a concept of space that I don't understand.

...but I do still get really upset, when I see people with handicap stickers in their cars and they park in parking stalls reserved for "the handicap" and they literally speed into the parking spot, jump out of the vehicle and a family of four runs into the mall. This, I can't get over knowing the lengths I go to.

But, I really do feel stupid and unworthy of the post that I submitted and really feel humbled and subdued by my post.

No, have you ever said some really dumb things, then wondered what the hell you were thinking?

Well, this is one of those posts that I really wasn't thinking, I just responded with a dumb, stupid, unthought response and I am really sorry that I posted the reply!

I formally apologize to anyone you actually read my post whether you agreed with it or not, I woke up very early Saturday morning and said to myself, did I actually write what I thought I wrote? and after revisiting what I wrote.... yep, I was just being out of mind and really, really stupid.

I drive people with MS around as I have done for many years, I take their handicap stickers, park in the closest stall available, wheel them into the whatever mall we are at, then move the vehicle to allow other possible, people who need to be closer to the entrance for whatever reason.

The "visual minority" response was really an idiotic response pointed at new chinese immigrants whose concept of space really differs from mine.(something I still haven't gotten use to, when you are reading a label on an item and someone literally steps in front of you and there physically isn't enough room to fit a human between you and the shelf but somehow they manage). Then, when standing in the checkout line having their cart pushed into the back of your legs like you aren't moving quick enough when there is not place to go. This is all too common occurance and again, a concept of space that I don't understand.

...but I do still get really upset, when I see people with handicap stickers in their cars and they park in parking stalls reserved for "the handicap" and they literally speed into the parking spot, jump out of the vehicle and a family of four runs into the mall. This, I can't get over knowing the lengths I go to.

But, I really do feel stupid and unworthy of the post that I submitted and really feel humbled and subdued by my post.

I accept your apology BC, thank you, and will also offer up my own apology to you. I took your words personal and I usually know better. The world is too small to lose a friend over a comment said in anger.

thread closed...lets move on to greener pastures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back