• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Why (... winter olympics)

yup I agree - too much figure skating, ice dancing, etc. i just can't bring myself to watch it.

i also think there are too many 'profile' stories - you know where they give some story about some skier or whatever. I really don't care if they crashed 2 years ago and they had all this recovery - just show the run or race already.

you're telling me pete!! last night they showed some dude that had drug problems and all this other stuff;... booohooo hooo.. i'm not watching to see sob stories! i want to see em race *(and then hopefully crash! - not fatally.. but crash nonetheless!)

they then went on to show him in the downhill ski run.. and he crashed!! yeeehaa! at least the ten minutes of pain watching the sob story was worth the thirty seconds of crash :D

paulky_2000 said:
Am I to understand that ice dancing is an olympic sport?

I'd rather watch a snowball fight.

hehehe.. some australian commentators got in trouble for making broke back mountain jokes about the ice dancing stuff.. wasnt very PC.. but it was funny watching it with the added commentary!

mel said:
hehehe.. some australian commentators got in trouble for making broke back mountain jokes about the ice dancing stuff.. wasnt very PC.. but it was funny watching it with the added commentary!

Okay....I might have to watch it that way! :lol:

What the hell is ice dancing?

I thought that the Canadian skater who just lost her mom sunday really did a great job, I really felt for her, it had to be tough and you could see it on her face at the end of her routine..

And of course there was this tragic wardrobe malfunction.........

[yt]ggD6pGjgYyo&feature=related[/yt]

that is hilarious dick t!!!

someone just died i believe bob sledding....

if you want some good crashes mel and basically action the whole time check out the olympics hockey teams they are all putting in a reall effort this year seems like. good competition

oh yeah skiing wipe outs and people slipping on ice are just hilarious

"your own mamma slips on ice you gonna laugh" Sinbad

mel - olympics are free to watch here. I agree with you I want to watch speed, crashes, snowboarding & skiing is always fun to watch.
I saw when lindsy vonn won gold in the downhill OMG!!!! such a drama queen!!!! one of the other female skiers should of walked up to her...slapped her & told her to get a grip & stop the crying drama :rolleyes:

AUSSIES get GOLD!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I am always impressed by Aussies doing well in the winter olympics considering we get very little snow in comparison to other countries..

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

chilehunter said:
I saw when lindsy vonn won gold in the downhill OMG!!!! such a drama queen!!!! one of the other female skiers should of walked up to her...slapped her & told her to get a grip & stop the crying drama :rolleyes:

And what's with her bringing her gold medal to show off during her bronze medal acceptance. I like how they compared it to wearing a wedding dress at someone else's wedding

POTAWIE said:
And what's with her bringing her gold medal to show off during her bronze medal acceptance. I like how they compared it to wearing a wedding dress at someone else's wedding

:shocked: WOW did she really do that! (taking thats a yes since you said that) thats pathetic!
I think people should start saying "dont go all lindsy vonn on me! " when someone gets all drama queen :lol:
I might of spelt her name wrong - dont care. only watched olympics when nothing else was good on.

Back