seed-train Wicked Mike's Newbies Only Seed Train - ROUND TWO

TNKS said:
I have plenty of PL Strain Brown Moruga,PL grown Starfish and yellow Primo I would send to someone to add to the main box at some point.
Im not in need of anything here,I have more then I can ever grow out as it is

LMK and Ill get them out
You rock, man.

Just popped 3 trays of Gochu Cheon Wu Shin Jo into the dehydrator.

Delicious cayenne type I should be able to get on the train at in a week or so. Ill see where the whole project is at then.

Mike, if you've got a week or so before you ship the box out, PM me your Addy and I'll add in some MoA (haven't got a great deal of seeds for these, but enough for everyone to take 2 or 3), along with f4 nagabrain red seeds.

PrimeTime said:
Just popped 3 trays of Gochu Cheon Wu Shin Jo into the dehydrator.

Delicious cayenne type I should be able to get on the train at in a week or so. Ill see where the whole project is at then.

sirex said:
Mike PM your address. I have some seeds from some red nagabrains I got from pex that I will donate. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Mike, if you've got a week or so before you ship the box out, PM me your Addy and I'll add in some MoA (haven't got a great deal of seeds for these, but enough for everyone to take 2 or 3), along with f4 nagabrain red seeds.

I feel like THP's official slogan should be something like "You'll come for the peppers, but you'll stay for the pepper people." Just another example of how little it takes to move a true chilehead to generosity. You guys are outstanding.

Also, Rex, I'll add you to the train if you're up for it. I know you joined more than 60 days ago, but I also know you could probably use some new seeds.

This is wonderful of you to start this. Thank you. I would love to be part of this, but don't qualify for under 60 days (under 90 days yes) and have only got the planting bug this year. I can however contribute thefew I have grown. Its up to you.

I'm right at the cusp of 60 days, so if there is room, please add me.

When does the train start? I've got some seeds from pods I dried from Judy and a few others. Reaper, 7 pod white, yellow primo and a couple of others I can't remember right now. I'll count them out and send them to you if you'll pm me your address. They are OP, I'm sure. That way they be there from the start.

Orekoc

Can I join? I have some very run of the mill pepper seeds to add when it gets to me.

THANKS!

I tried to send a PM but it said you couldn't receive new messages. You can use this as my mailing address: 
Rick Spencer
4901 Monroe-Weddington Rd
Matthews, NC 28401

Thanks for getting this started!

So to get seeds out of the pods, what is the best way.  I have Reaper pods that are ripe but not good enough to dry so I was going to get a whole bunch of those seeds to add to the box.  If I remove them wash them then dry in a paper towel then air dry for a few days that should be it?

I'm a little compulsive, but here's how I harvest seed:

I remove the seeds from the pods, making sure there aren't any little pieces of placenta stuck to them and tossing them into a fine mesh strainer. I rinse them thoroughly, then tap the strainer out onto a large paper plate labelled with a sharpie. They then go on my dining room table (can't tell you how much the missus loves this part of the arrangement) under a ceiling fan at warp speed. I turn them a few times while they dry; I usually let them dry for at least three days, but usually more like a week. The temperature is somewhere between 70 and 72 degrees. It's also important to store them at a temperature that's pretty cool; heat and humidity are the enemy here.

Did I mention that she also loves the various mashes all over the place?

Wicked Mike said:
I'm a little compulsive, but here's how I harvest seed:

I remove the seeds from the pods, making sure there aren't any little pieces of placenta stuck to them and tossing them into a fine mesh strainer. I rinse them thoroughly, then tap the strainer out onto a large paper plate labelled with a sharpie. They then go on my dining room table (can't tell you how much the missus loves this part of the arrangement) under a ceiling fan at warp speed. I turn them a few times while they dry; I usually let them dry for at least three days, but usually more like a week. The temperature is somewhere between 70 and 72 degrees. It's also important to store them at a temperature that's pretty cool; heat and humidity are the enemy here.

Did I mention that she also loves the various mashes all over the place?

Now,that's putting a book case to good use.

I may add a couple more types if it's ok with you Wicked Mike. I am now thinking the a Reapers, Red Mushroom, Inferno & maybe something else.

Hundreds of nice fresh Gochu seeds ready to go!

I sent ya a PM Mike

I want to let you newbies and just anybody know that on a train like this you never know how long she will run. If you label directly onto plastic bags and pack the train up, that ink or marker can wear off faster than you think.

afr0n0me said:
us only hey mike ?
Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to look into starting something similar for the Canucks.
PrimeTime said:
Hundreds of nice fresh Gochu seeds ready to go!

I sent ya a PM Mike

I want to let you newbies and just anybody know that on a train like this you never know how long she will run. If you label directly onto plastic bags and pack the train up, that ink or marker can wear off faster than you think.
1) You rock. I actually don't have that one yet either. The Dulcetta Red seeds you sent have almost all made it through a very hot, rainy summer and are about to take off. Do you remember where you got them? I'd heard there was a Dulcetta Yellow as well.

2) Totally right about the magic marker. I'm using a label maker these days.

3) Do you have a seed list? I probably have a bunch of stuff that you'd be interested in.

4) Sorting through incoming PMs momentarily.

Wicked Mike said:
Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to look into starting something similar for the Canucks.
1) You rock. I actually don't have that one yet either. The Dulcetta Red seeds you sent have almost all made it through a very hot, rainy summer and are about to take off. Do you remember where you got them? I'd heard there was a Dulcetta Yellow as well.

2) Totally right about the magic marker. I'm using a label maker these days.

3) Do you have a seed list? I probably have a bunch of stuff that you'd be interested in.

4) Sorting through incoming PMs momentarily.

I have all three Dulcettas. I remember exactly where I got them, the produce section. This bags of tri color little peppers called "lil sweeties" or whatever at most supermarkets are the dulcetta. Mine never got in the ground this season. Damn fungus gnats!

Ill send some for the train.

Back