seed-train Wicked Mike's Newbies Only Seed Train - ROUND TWO

Jem_stoneus said:
suprchunk, you are welcome to take my spot at the bottom of the list.
I honestly do not know what I would do with all those seeds, at this time.

Wicked Mike please take me off the list.
Thanks and happy growing.

Looks like we've got a chilehead on our hands.

Hell of a nice gesture, Jem. I added you both.

Okay, so the train is officially closed for the first round. Box went out this morning to Moruga Welder, tracking number is 9505511052464303412323.

Woot woot!

If possible, I would like to be considered for the train.  I have been a member for a year now, but I really only have one grow season under my belt.  I would understand if I am not considered, but I do still feel like a serious noob.

I am REALLY looking forward to this & want thank you for putting it together, Mike. I don't want to poo poo any aspect of it but out of curiosity, I checked where people live to see how much criss crossing of the country there will be.

In order:
Florida
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Texas
South Carolina
Florida
Colorado
California
Florida
Colorado
New York
Oregon
North Carolina
California
Florida
Ohio
Ohio
Virginia
Florida
Florida
Tennessee

It's may be too late now, but delivery time will be pretty long with several east to west to east trips. The middle section is really back & forth.

I am looking forward to it though. Thanks again. Hope I'm not banished for coming off anything less than grateful. I am grateful.

Maybe:

Florida -> South Carolina -> Tenn -> North Carolina -> Virginia -> Penn -> NY -> Ohio -> Illinois -> Texas -> Colorado -> Cal -> Oregon

I don't mind the time frame as I'll be growing inside at first. It will be a while before I plant outdoors. The only concern would be freezing.

Yea, that would be a logical order, but I suppose this the travel time part of the excitement and anticipation lol. I'm #19 and I have some yellow scotch bonnet seeds if 20, 21 or anyone else wants any

It's already on its way to Illinois from Mike in Florida. What about a general clockwise pattern after that? I don't mean to screw things up, but I just sent some seeds to California from NC last Friday. Got there yesterday. Even if people took the seeds & shipped out in a couple of days, we're looking at about an average of a week per rider, so it gets to the last person in 21 weeks- in March.

I Second this proposal, if we can 

coachspencerxc said:
It's already on its way to Illinois from Mike in Florida. What about a general clockwise pattern after that? I don't mean to screw things up, but I just sent some seeds to California from NC last Friday. Got there yesterday. Even if people took the seeds & shipped out in a couple of days, we're looking at about an average of a week per rider, so it gets to the last person in 21 weeks- in March.

coachspencerxc said:
...and that, I believe is wishful thinking. From what I see with this community, people are pretty passionate & on the ball about stuff like this, but if we cut the delivery time in half, I think people at the end of the list will get their seeds a few weeks sooner.

I think most will send it priority so I dont think its gonna take that long. The postal service is much too complex to try and figure out. Its not worth the trouble of changing the order to speed things up. Ive gottin packages from other states faster than packages coming from my own.

I think most will send it priority so I dont think its gonna take that long. The postal service is much too complex to try and figure out. Its not worth the trouble of changing the order to speed things up. Ive gottin packages from other states faster than packages coming from my own.

I agree that we should just leave as is. Let's not look a gift horse in mouth by asking for a lot of changes. I'm just excited to be a part of this a build some credibility amongst the forum members. If folks send the package out with a day as the rules stated, we should be fine.

BigMal said:
I agree that we should just leave as is. Let's not look a gift horse in mouth by asking for a lot of changes. I'm just excited to be a part of this a build some credibility amongst the forum members. If folks send the package out with a day as the rules stated, we should be fine.
OK.

Maybe I'm just frustrated I started 3 seed trains 3 weeks ago with another group of people & they are ALL still in the hands of the first people. Two said they'd send today. The other won't respond. I doubt I see any return on the 75 seed packs I put in. ...and all 3 of those were planned with geography in mind.

As I said, I hope I don't come off as ungrateful for this gift. Not at all.

coachspencerxc said:
OK.

Maybe I'm just frustrated I started 3 seed trains 3 weeks ago with another group of people & they are ALL still in the hands of the first people. Two said they'd send today. The other won't respond. I doubt I see any return on the 75 seed packs I put in. ...and all 3 of those were planned with geography in mind.

As I said, I hope I don't come off as ungrateful for this gift. Not at all.

Yeah, I'm a little worried that I might not get the seeds in time either, but I've put nothing into this and have everything to gain. I'll still participate even if I don't get the seeds until May (I hope its not that late...lol). Hopefully everyone will participate and do their part.

Worry worry worry.
2my26te.jpg
not me :)

wicked mike need to chat with you but your message box is full . no fret my chili head friends i will send out box next day after receiving it and mail it as fast as post office will allow .

Ah, I shouldn't have said anything. Didn't mean to be critical or unappreciative in the slightest. Didn't mean to cast doubt on anyone. I've only been here a short time but feel like this is an incredibly close community of people who are incredibly giving and passionate about sharing their knowledge & resources. It's a good place for a newbie to be. Learning so much. Hope I'm not voted off the island for raising suspicions.

coachspencerxc said:
Ah, I shouldn't have said anything. Didn't mean to be critical or unappreciative in the slightest. Didn't mean to cast doubt on anyone. I've only been here a short time but feel like this is an incredibly close community of people who are incredibly giving and passionate about sharing their knowledge & resources. It's a good place for a newbie to be. Learning so much. Hope I'm not voted off the island for raising suspicions.
Naw your not voted off the island but you will be the first one to get eatin if we run out of food.

No worries in the slightest about constructive criticism! After all, the free exchange of ideas is what this place is all about.

To be honest, coach, you make a good point. It's something I'd considered. After all, two of the riders are right here in Miami. Probably would have made more sense to just meet up with them a give them the seeds directly.

That said, I mail six or eight packages a week, on average. While I'm sure there's a reason a package sometimes takes two days and other times takes a week, it doesn't seem to be related to geography, but rather to the mysterious inner workings of USPS. When I send stuff to Slizarus out in CA, it almost always makes it in two days, maybe three. I've also had packages take a week to get to people that live a four-hour drive from me.

The most important thing, I think, is that everyone is on the ball.

So...has anyone not yet received the address of the person on the train after them?

Back