seed-train Wicked Mike's Newbies Only Seed Train - ROUND TWO

Runescape said:

I hear what your saying, but I would feel bad not having something to contribute to it in the "cool rare exotic" types of peppers. I could put other types of seeds in it, I have lots of different types of vegetable and flower seeds. At least it would be something to put in the box ya know.

Anyway perhaps next time as it appears the train is full. If there should happen to be an individual who declines their spot or are unable to participate I wouldn't be heart broken if I found a spot. I did only just stumble upon this site so maybe I will catch the next train3 an old Conrail?? ( Always was fond of this one as a child as it would go past our house near an old iron ore mine in New York)

img0028.jpg

Although I'm new, I have an abundance of seeds. If possible, keep me in the spot I'm in and add one more person to the line. I'm all about the sharing. I'll more than likely only take very few seeds and add a lot of what I have. I managed to do a lot of trading over the winter and last season and now have right at 250 varieties of pepper seeds and I would feel bad for someone else to miss out. I'd rather contribute to their season than my own. Thanks!

pepperBob said:
Did you not see my post wanting in? Some people wanting in after me are on the train. Or was there a reason I couldnt ride, so I can fix for next time.
Yep, guys named "Bob" aren't allowed.

(Actually, I missed your post and will add you now. Hope you don't mind being added at the end; it'll keep things simpler as addresses go, and you'll probably see a larger selection of varieties that way anyway.
Okay, update: I'm in the middle of inventory down at the nursery, broke an ankle, blew the radiator on my car, have been working plant shows on the weekends, ex-gf issues, etc. The upshot is that I still haven't gotten around to putting the seeds together, but will get it together momentarily.

I'm also making a slight adjustment to the lineup, adding myself in at a few points so I can tidy things up a bit.

Wicked Mike said:

(Actually, I missed your post and will add you now. Hope you don't mind being added at the end; it'll keep things simpler as addresses go, and you'll probably see a larger selection of varieties that way anyway.
Okay, update: I'm in the middle of inventory down at the nursery, broke an ankle, blew the radiator on my car, have been working plant shows on the weekends, ex-gf issues, etc. The upshot is that I still haven't gotten around to putting the seeds together, but will get it together momentarily.

I'm also making a slight adjustment to the lineup, adding myself in at a few points so I can tidy things up a bit
Just a small bump in the road .  hang in there my friend !    :onfire:

Wicked Mike said:
(Actually, I missed your post and will add you now. Hope you don't mind being added at the end; it'll keep things simpler as addresses go, and you'll probably see a larger selection of varieties that way anyway.Okay, update: I'm in the middle of inventory down at the nursery, broke an ankle, blew the radiator on my car, have been working plant shows on the weekends, ex-gf issues, etc. The upshot is that I still haven't gotten around to putting the seeds together, but will get it together momentarily.
I'm also making a slight adjustment to the lineup, adding myself in at a few points so I can tidy things up a bit.
Cool glad to be on the train hope your ankle heals up soon.

I can't wait to see the selection.  I'm a newb and don't have pepper seeds to share.  Would it be appropriate to throw in some OP tomato seeds or extra baggies so I don't feel like a mooch? 

Adam.Rose said:
Although I'm new, I have an abundance of seeds. If possible, keep me in the spot I'm in and add one more person to the line. I'm all about the sharing. I'll more than likely only take very few seeds and add a lot of what I have. I managed to do a lot of trading over the winter and last season and now have right at 250 varieties of pepper seeds and I would feel bad for someone else to miss out. I'd rather contribute to their season than my own. Thanks!
where abouts in Clarksville are you located Adam? I have about 15-20 varieties id like to do some trading. You Might have most of what i have already though with 250 :O

Just waiting for the seed to dry on a few more varieties I wanted to be able to include. I figured as newer folks, most of you probably don't have stuff with accession numbers yet, so there will be some PI 281429 seeds in there. I'm also planning on including some other pretty cool stuff. Getting things rolling momentarily.

I also added myself to the lineup in a few places so I can tidy things up and add new varieties as they become available. If you now find yourself before or after me on the train, do me a favor and PM me so we have addresses.

Looking forward to this. Seems like another group of really decent folks:

Student of Spice said:
I hear what your saying, but I would feel bad not having something to contribute to it in the "cool rare exotic" types of peppers. I could put other types of seeds in it, I have lots of different types of vegetable and flower seeds. At least it would be something to put in the box us know.
Sentiment appreciated. Remember, though, that the fact that you don't have tons of "cool rare exotic" pepper seeds is the reason I started this train in the first place. I was new to this not long ago at all and wouldn't have the collection I do if it weren't for a lot of really kind people sending me stuff and saying "pay it forward." If you grow out the varieties you get from the train and share the seeds with people who don't have 'em yet, you're a rockstar in my book, regardless of whether you put anything in the box.

Adam.Rose said:
Spoken like a true chilehead.

pepperBob said:
Cool glad to be on the train hope your ankle heals up soon.
Thanks! It's getting there.
Rairdog said:
I can't wait to see the selection.  I'm a newb and don't have pepper seeds to share.  Would it be appropriate to throw in some OP tomato seeds or extra baggies so I don't feel like a mooch?
You can if you want, but don't feel obligated. The beautiful thing about sharing a seed is that, in the right hands, it can become thousands. Grow 'em out and share the diversity around. I promise you that no one will call you a mooch.

moruga welder said:
Just a small bump in the road .  hang in there my friend !  :onfire:
After what you've been through, I have no right to complain.

Wicked Mike said:
Just waiting for the seed to dry on a few more varieties I wanted to be able to include. I figured as newer folks, most of you probably don't have stuff with accession numbers yet, so there will be some PI 281429 seeds in there. I'm also planning on including some other pretty cool stuff. Getting things rolling momentarily.

I also added myself to the lineup in a few places so I can tidy things up and add new varieties as they become available. If you now find yourself before or after me on the train, do me a favor and PM me so we have addresses.

Looking forward to this. Seems like another group of really decent folks:

Sentiment appreciated. Remember, though, that the fact that you don't have tons of "cool rare exotic" pepper seeds is the reason I started this train in the first place. I was new to this not long ago at all and wouldn't have the collection I do if it weren't for a lot of really kind people sending me stuff and saying "pay it forward." If you grow out the varieties you get from the train and share the seeds with people who don't have 'em yet, you're a rockstar in my book, regardless of whether you put anything in the box.

Spoken like a true chilehead.

Thanks! It's getting there.
You can if you want, but don't feel obligated. The beautiful thing about sharing a seed is that, in the right hands, it can become thousands. Grow 'em out and share the diversity around. I promise you that no one will call you a mooch.

After what you've been through, I have no right to complain.
your a class act my friend !     :onfire:

I am excited to participate in this seed train. I only wish I had participated in the first round so that I could have grown out the seeds this year. I feel for you Mike, although, I've never broken anything (knock on wood). Sorry to hear about your calamity. Get well soon. I think I read somewhere that if you eat more chiles you heal faster.

I am chomping at the bit waiting for this train, so, here is another tune for ya'll to listen to as we await departure.

https://youtu.be/eiScL3wIUwI

Okay, got the addresses, and the box heads out to bpiela today; will post a tracking number tonight.

Managed to get some pretty cool stuff dried in time to go out. In addition to the varieties from last round, I added Yellow Brainstrain, Yellow Fatalii, Cream Fatalii, PI 281429, Seasoning Pepper, a blend of different paprika varieties, Sukari, Hair Pepper, and some other stuff that eludes me at the moment.

Oh, and since there was a little room left, I squeezed in a few fresh Yellow Brainstrains for Ben. Be careful, man, those things are fire.

Lovepeppers said:
Choo choo!!
I hope your foots getting better Mike!
Thanks! For some reason it's sore/stiff when I wake up, but good the rest of the day.

Back