• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Wife's Condition

Sorry I didn't say anything here before. Cap'n mentioned it on another thread. Here's a copy of Tuesday's update:

Leaking from her tubes decreased to 10CC in 12 hrs., so they removed the tubes today. Her lab tests were in and came up negative. ( So those who were helping with the ash-spreading arrangements can take a hiatus ).

Chemo is supposed to start 3-08-07. No radiation is anticipated at this time, so she still won’t glow in the dark. Drats.

Her spirits are up and somebody from a cancer center is coming to visit tomorrow. I think she’ll get a prosthetic so she won’t look too flat in clothes. Might look a little funny at the Resort though. Thanks for all the support from youse guys and from all ya’ll.

Re-construction is planned.

I'm glad to hear that your wife is starting to plan for the future as apposed to taking care of affairs, and that the therapy perscribed is just chemo as apposed to chemo and radiation.

i wish her a speedy recovery and glad to hear things have improved. my mom had to go through chemo, and though i was a bit young to fully appreciate the situation, i do remember it was a stressful time for the family. if i prayed, i'd include you both.

Tinner - Tell you wife, from another cancer survivor, that it is a real positive to be able to look down the path and see that you can survive the disease and put it in your reaview mirror. I hope it raises her spirits. Hang in there! - E.Z.

Frank, man it really sounds like the Mrs is on her way to a full recovery. Keep up the good spirits! You seem to have your sense of humor intact and that plays a major role in assisting with the recovery of someone who is going thru these types of things. Thanks for sharing and as others have mentioned, keep us updated.

:rolleyes: We went to see friends yesterday and she showed off her 'works'. The gal there about freaked when I said she looked like 10-12 miles of rough road! LouAnn ( My Wife), laughed and said I meant well! And told her how she looked like 40-50 miles of rough road 2 weeks ago!:)

She's doing fine and in good spirits! Thanks for your kind thought guys!:)

I love a wife who can take the jokes in stride (especially under the circumjstances). A HUGE help during recovery I would assume.

Back