• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild, Indeed, Community Thread

Just getting this started so I can get a url.
I will post more about this in a couple of days.
duck6.jpg

Happy New Year, 2021!

Last edited:
@PaulG - those rocopica flowers are cool looking. They seem to be longer petalled and with the calyx along the lines of the cardinasii mother, but split - and with the deep purple color that showed in the F1. Those are F3's of the brown rocopica, right? Have all the flowers on that plant looked like that?
Thanks for those seeds ‘Dogie! As it turns out, the plants
will spend the winter along with the galapagas in the
garage under lights. They have been heavily trimmed
and pruned to remain in the 2-liter pots.

Yes they are from the plant I grew last year from your
seeds. All the flowers on that plant look like that. The
other plant has the more bell-shaped flowers. The extreme
heat caused lots of flower drop, but hopefully a return
to more seasonal weather will encourage some pod-setting.

Further thought - those flowers opened in the hot weather.
I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Will be interesting
to see how they do in the cooler weather. Will keep you posted.

In herbaria this plant would be listed as C.frutescens. That I.D. would come from a dried,pressed branch that would lose some of the characteristics that seperate species. This is very heavily influenced by C.frutescens and it may well be pure. I still think that there is annuum in it and if one hundred plants were grown,we would see more evidence. What kind of evidence would we look for?
Should I dry and press a branch?

No you did not see c.schottianum in Italy in 2010..i grew it myself as did many it was later classed as Not Schottianum 19670 back in 2007 and has been since here's the article back in 2010.
IMG20210817212743.jpg
I assure you that schottianun was already present, the seeds you will not find distributed by seed banks, on facebook you will find only good scams, the seeds you will find if you have good knowledge, if you have the right knowledge, people grow it, cultivate schottianum and other rare capsicum, not they say they have, they don't show pictures but they have.
This is reality

I assure you that schottianun was already present, the seeds you will not find distributed by seed banks, on facebook you will find only good scams, the seeds you will find if you have good knowledge, if you have the right knowledge, people grow it, cultivate schottianum and other rare capsicum, not they say they have, they don't show pictures but they have.
This is reality.
No reality and there not schottiniaum we are just trying to help people not to buy seeds at crazy prices and they are not what they say they are,your not listening and I notice your on the same Facebook groups as they are I think I'll let people draw there own conclusions.

A few shots from my deck peppers - and my inaugural image post on the new site.

Rhomboideum
!20210802 RhombSet.jpg

Rhomb Flower
!20210802 RhombExtrudeAC.jpg

Flexuosum
!20210731 Flex.jpg

Galapagoense
!20210816 Galapagoense.jpg

Galap Flower
!20210731 Galap.jpg

Purple Flower Chacoense
!20210816 PChac.jpg

PFC Flower
!20210730 PFChac.jpg

Tovarii - I really like this picture, but like a bonehead I didn't check my foreground. I've always found the branch lignification and leaves on tovarii to be cool.
!20210816 TovariiF.jpg

Tovarii setting pod
!20210730 Tovarii.jpg

"Light-colored seed" cumari courtesy of Leo.
!20210731 LeoLite2.jpg

CGN Cardenasii setting in an iso bag. I wanted to bag an entire plant of the CGN to get plenty of seeds (I have a large USDA Card isolated at another location), but I didn't get around to making a plant-sized bag in time for this plant. Fortunately, I have another CGN Card that's trailing this one and I might be able to get it bagged in time.
!20210806 CGNCardSet.jpg

Last edited:
No reality and there not schottiniaum we are just trying to help people not to buy seeds at crazy prices and they are not what they say they are,your not listening and I notice your on the same Facebook groups as they are I think I'll let people draw there own conclusions.
friend maybe you didn't understand me, i don't say buy seeds at crazy prices, buy seeds at crazy prices, i say don't buy those seeds, i took a lot of rip-offs on bought seeds, my fault i trusted too much, in some cases instead I have had positive experiences, I only say that those seeds you can find if you know the right people, you will find me on facebook and on the various forums, whoever knows me knows that I do not ask for money and those who have exchanged have always found seriousness, this is enough for me

peaetermissum and c.chinense come from different people of Brazil, with the rarest Brazilian wilds I had no luck, the seeds were not good, they were not viable, to have good seeds you have to look elsewhere, not only in Brazil

I don't understand this? Obviously you had success germinating C.schottianum? That is where I have taken issue with your post. It's not C.schottianum! I don't care about the other plants or the snake oil salesman you received them from.

You are aware of seed shops in Europe that are selling misidentified wilds for 30€ per 10 seeds. This is why it is important to properly I.D. species. To protect communities of growers.

Would you believe Lonewolf? Gloria? We can get others to identify if you don't trust me.

friend maybe you didn't understand me, i don't say buy seeds at crazy prices, buy seeds at crazy prices, i say don't buy those seeds, i took a lot of rip-offs on bought seeds, my fault i trusted too much, in some cases instead I have had positive experiences, I only say that those seeds you can find if you know the right people, you will find me on facebook and on the various forums, whoever knows me knows that I do not ask for money and those who have exchanged have always found seriousness, this is enough for me

Nobody is attacking your character or saying you are selling seeds. Who cares if you did sell them? You have been duped by a Brazilian that does not even know the difference between Aureliana and Capsicum. He could not even identify C.flexuosum!!! It will benefit all growers interested in wilds to properly I.D. plants.

Nessuno sta attaccando il tuo personaggio o dicendo che stai vendendo semi. A chi importa se li hai venduti? Sei stato ingannato da un brasiliano che non conosce nemmeno la differenza tra Aureliana e Capsicum. Non riusciva nemmeno a identificare C.flexuosum!!! Sarà utile a tutti i coltivatori interessati alle piante selvatiche identificare correttamente le piante.
maybe I misinterpreted your message, I apologize for this, I do not speak English, understanding English with google translator is not easy, I agree, I can not guarantee that schottianum is him, I have also received other species, I may have been confused , or the species not be those, who sent me the seeds knows the capsicum well, not only Brazilian species, I trusted

I don't understand this? Obviously you had success germinating C.schottianum? That is where I have taken issue with your post. It's not C.schottianum! I don't care about the other plants or the snake oil salesman you received them from.

You are aware of seed shops in Europe that are selling misidentified wilds for 30€ per 10 seeds. This is why it is important to properly I.D. species. To protect communities of growers.

Would you believe Lonewolf? Gloria? We can get others to identify if you don't trust me.
I can tell you that this plant is a pepper that I have never grown born from tiny black seeds, I know you have the knowledge to identify them, I will wait for the flowers, it will be easier to understand what they are

I can tell you that this plant is a pepper that I have never grown born from tiny black seeds, I know you have the knowledge to identify them, I will wait for the flowers, it will be easier to understand what they are
Think you no exactly what the flowers will look like and what you don't realise is that ProDigal_Son,myself and others who have grown wilds over many years where here to help people like yourself and others in the community being ripped of with wilds where small groups of people are there to exploit others with high priced seeds of plants that are not available and of dubious origin,it's being going on for years and where's the Money to be made there's always someone waiting to exploit.

Think you no exactly what the flowers will look like and what you don't realise is that ProDigal_Son,myself and others who have grown wilds over many years where here to help people like yourself and others in the community being ripped of with wilds where small groups of people are there to exploit others with high priced seeds of plants that are not available and of dubious origin,it's being going on for years and where's the Money to be made there's always someone waiting to exploit.
your knowledge of wild lands is important to determine the name of these peppers, it is also important to inform people about safe purchases, I know the phenomenon of exploitation of people who take advantage of poverty 'to collect seeds to resell at very high prices , several names are known for this.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I have seen friends robbed by certain individuals. The people exporting seeds out of Brazil cannot properly identify them.

Even waiting for the flower is not going to help you identify this plant because C.schottianum has populations with flowers that have red markings also. The teeth on the calyces are diagnostic. C.schottianum does not have any teeth at any stage of development. I would suggest you talk to Lonewolf as he is the expert and also speaks Italian.

This is a red pequin. Seed labeled ‘Pequin Chihuahua’.
From the 2019 seed train. Would like to know more
about this one.

Seems most of the pequins I’ve grown have this upright
tree-like growth habit. This specimen is in a 3-gallon pot,
and has spent its life under a Japanese Maple, but seems
to tolerate sun well.
6B8A38FD-37B7-4876-9A9B-0F4F8ACC8358.jpeg

Last edited:
So many sweet looking peppers! I was just reading up on Capsicum carassense today.. Love the foliage on it! Anyone ever grown that one? Is that shine typical of the leaves, or are they just wet?
How many shade-loving Capsicum are there?
All of the true wild species of S.E. Brazil including C.carassense are shade plants. I'm not sure where you researched(phytokeys?),but I'll post a link to some nice photos and description from Claudio dal Zovo aka Lonewolf.

Edit: I see you did read the description from phytokeys. You will enjoy the link I shared.

Last edited:
Back