• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2014

Got some sheet pots in from Grower Supply a couple days ago. I got this type so I could pull out the individual containers and replace them if need be, and they fit perfectly in my 11" x 22" Permanest Trays. Anybody in NW Louisiana need a couple of these? If I keep growing the same size garden every season these sheets should last me around 12 years:

unboxing1.jpg

These are the only C. chinense I'm growing this year: The NagaBrain, now in its F3 generation, is the happy accident of Florida THP mentor and all-around good guy romy6; seeds for the F2 Chocolate NagaBrain are from the talented and skillful Florida grower Tmudder; Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow, the F3 generation, is the creation of the THP breeding wizard Spicegeist; Both 7 Pot Yellow and Naga Morich are from THSC seed; Dystopia is a project of North Texas grower joemomma; and Madame Jeanette comes courtesy of the incredibly generous Netherlands grower Meatfreak :

tray%201.jpg

Definitely Alan Gelfand with the ollie air! I think Mullen gets credit for the street ollie. Also from Florida! I never had the BB membership. That's way cool collector stuff if you still have it!

I need a shade tent! Your way ahead of me now. Tonight should be my last lower temp night, I am hoping anyway! Harden off from tomorrow on.
That's awesome that you are staying in touch with Søren. I'm looking forward to those pods again. You will enjoy the flavor!

Devv said:
The gals are looking stellar Gary!

Can't wait to see them hit the dirt!

Thanks Scott! The gals and I are itchin' to get in that dirt…This pesky job of mine is really interfering with the business at hand! :mad:

I finally got me a truckload of hardwood chips yesterday. I'm going to need several more, but at least it's a start.

GA Growhead said:
Definitely Alan Gelfand with the ollie air! I think Mullen gets credit for the street ollie. Also from Florida! I never had the BB membership. That's way cool collector stuff if you still have it!

I need a shade tent! Your way ahead of me now. Tonight should be my last lower temp night, I am hoping anyway! Harden off from tomorrow on.
That's awesome that you are staying in touch with Søren. I'm looking forward to those pods again. You will enjoy the flavor!

Hey Jason! I need to find that stuff for sure. The Hollywood, Florida ramp I saw in a Bones Brigade newsletter was my inspiration for the trannies on the big ramp we built at Monroe, Louisiana in 1983. That's my brother standing on the platform contemplating the drop. I snapped this Polaroid from the roof of Robert Draper's house:

DraperRamp.jpg

We had some good skaters in the Monroe crew in those days. David "Z" was on the Powell Amateur team. Here he's blasting an Indy Air on the Draper ramp:

Z_Indy_Air.jpg

Robert Draper, whose Mom let us build the ramp in her back yard, was a style monger:

Robert_Method.jpg

Søren is a really nice guy, and has given me some really good tips on growing super hots. He posted this pik of the big BOC grow on his FB page this morning. (Note: In an earlier post I said that these plants were going to Iceland. That was a mistake: Plantorama is a Danish company: www.plantorama.dk)

BOCfarm.jpg

G money. I used to skate ramps just like that growing up In Gainesville fl. Never could get the air those pros get but loved grinding the coping .  Too bad my fat ass would break a neck if I tried it now :) 

Rodney Mullen was born there too and I got to watch him skate mant times. 

Oh and the plants are perfect as always brother  :party:

capsidadburn said:
Those were the good ole days!

Very cool shot of Soren's facility. I was a little curious how shipping would go to Iceland!

I have 6 total BOC Gary. 3 In the new bed and 3 in pots.

Mike

That's a contract grower he's using in Jytland (Danish mainland). A cool grow house, to be sure.

I need to get off my ass and check your glog...

GA Growhead said:
That ramps looks fun!
And that is a lot on BOCs!

Thanks Jason! It's an amazing photo….

heefy said:
Some great looking plants. When are you thinking of planting out now?

Thanks heefy! I'll get a few plants in the ground starting this weekend. I will be finished by April 30. 

romy6 said:
  G money. I used to skate ramps just like that growing up In Gainesville fl. Never could get the air those pros get but loved grinding the coping .  Too bad my fat ass would break a neck if I tried it now :)

Rodney Mullen was born there too and I got to watch him skate mant times. 

Oh and the plants are perfect as always brother  :party:

Hey J Daddy! Awesome! I wish I could have skated with you back in the day. I could never blast air like those guys, either…I am not ashamed to say that the gnarliest thing any skater can ever do is slap a big frontside grind. "Big air" is great for TV and all, but I believe the best skating is truly for the soul of the skater, and there's nothing more satisfying than grinding really hard... :twisted:

meatfreak said:
That's a lot of BOC's, I got 3 going over here. Plant's are looking great, Gary!

Ain't it a beautiful site, Stefan? I've only got 3 myself, but they are some of the damnedest plants I've ever seen...

Hey, Gary.  Here's a little NagaBrain update.  The two in the front had some kind of apical
growth issue in the greenhouse this winter, and wound up short and very bushy.  They should
be very interesting plants - from the pods you sent.  The two end plants in the back row are
from the seed you sent, they will be large if I can ever get them outside onto their big
containers!  The plant in center back is the Bonda x Yellow 7.  Can't wait to see how that
one turns out!. 
gary_DSC1397a_zps579f2c71.jpg

Thanks Charles! I'll try to get the Tepin x Barrackpore pix up real soon. Those plants are real pretty—growing tall, like bird peppers, rather than chinenses.

windchicken said:
Thanks Charles! I'll try to get the Tepin x Barrackpore pix up real soon. Those plants are real pretty—growing tall, like bird peppers, rather than chinenses.

Ok, great.  A few others are growing those out as well, seems they're all coming out different.  I hope someone likes one of these well enough to grow it again.

Back