• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

windchicken 2017

My every season starts with Texas Pequin, because it never stops growing. A few weeks back we dug up about 30 of these perennial plants to rescue them from the relentless march of the upcoming super hots...

pequin_1.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
Got a chance to watch the video. You are a champ. Great review. When my pods start coming in I'll send them to you for review. LOL!

I use to do that. Not anymore. I eat about a third of bad to see what kind of flavor and heat. Then I save seeds from the ones that pass.

Sounds like a good pod to me.

Thanks again and yes we did enjoy it.

Thanks for that Chuck! And thanks for watching!

Gary

Plantguy76 said:
First Gary I got to say mad props to you on the video .
You want find me doing that even when I built my tolerance up for Judy's peach bhut ss I still got guy bombs.
Love your yard & garden's
I got some tomato cages for the Zapotec's as they need them now.
The papa Dreadie or hybrid lost the pod but new ones are forming.
On another note I have a mystery pepper plant that came up with moms varigated black pearls pepper plants.
It's interesting as only moms black pearl pepper plant was in the pot .
Maybe a possible one cross?
Here's a pic

Thanks PG! I'm glad the Zapotec is growing well for you...I wouldn't mind growing a whole garden full of them, 120 or so plants...

Bummer about Photobucket. I've been using Dropbox for 5 or 6 years now, and could not be happier with it...I believe one can get a 5 GB account for free...

MeatHead1313 said:
Thanks for the kind words Gary! It's a blast to grow too. Ridiculously prolific, although the heat and humidity has them slowing down now. All the rain we've had hasn't fazed them either.
Have to give credit to you for the cross though, the seeds came from your pods.

Chris, I consider this one to be 100% yours. I'm confident that had I sown those very same seeds in my garden, the standard NagaBrain would have sprung up...:cool:

I love that Forbing Naga, Gary. I'll be growing next year. It was a little late to start this years seeds you sent me. Didn't want to waste them. They are on the top of my list. Along with another one of yours.

I had to laugh when I saw so many volunteers. That's great! There is a lesson to be learned for sure. Throw more pods! LOL!

Great video. I really enjoyed it after a long week of work.

Have a good weekend, Gary.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you were growing the BOC this year?

Jubnat said:
Nice!  and it's crazy that you're getting the chance to water your plants....I feel like I haven't watered in months it's been so wet down here.

I guess the weather is a little different up there in southern Arkansas!  ;)

Thanks! I see where y'all have been getting pounded almost daily down there, Jubnat...It's still wet for July, even here...

OCD Chilehead said:
I love that Forbing Naga, Gary. I'll be growing next year. It was a little late to start this years seeds you sent me. Didn't want to waste them. They are on the top of my list. Along with another one of yours.

I had to laugh when I saw so many volunteers. That's great! There is a lesson to be learned for sure. Throw more pods! LOL!

Great video. I really enjoyed it after a long week of work.

Have a good weekend, Gary.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you were growing the BOC this year?

Thanks Chuck! Holler at me on the PM if you need some fresh Forbing Naga pods...

Throw more pods is right!!! When I first started seeing volunteer seedlings earlier this season, I gathered up the largest and potted them up in small containers so I could give them what I thought was better care than they would have gotten where they sprouted. Must have been close to 100 seedlings. The smaller ones that I left in the ground are now triple the size of those that have been receiving my "personal care." So yeah, THROW MORE PODS!!!    Then get out of the way and let nature do its thing!!!

Yes, I am definitely growing BOC...It's a compulsory variety for me, the super hot I would always grow, even if I were allowed to grow only one!!!

I really liked the volunteer video ;)  Volunteers are way too cool.

AND, I'm really impressed with the plants growing in the RCW! Yours looks so much more broken down than mine. I'm guessing it rains more there?

keep doing what you're doing teacher. You're killing it!

windchicken said:

Thanks! I see where y'all have been getting pounded almost daily down there, Jubnat...It's still wet for July, even here...

Thanks Chuck! Holler at me on the PM if you need some fresh Forbing Naga pods...

Throw more pods is right!!! When I first started seeing volunteer seedlings earlier this season, I gathered up the largest and potted them up in small containers so I could give them what I thought was better care than they would have gotten where they sprouted. Must have been close to 100 seedlings. The smaller ones that I left in the ground are now triple the size of those that have been receiving my "personal care." So yeah, THROW MORE PODS!!!    Then get out of the way and let nature do its thing!!!

Yes, I am definitely growing BOC...It's a compulsory variety for me, the super hot I would always grow, even if I were allowed to grow only one!!!
Thanks Gary! Your inbox is full on the PM's.

I'm amazed at how good plants grow when left alone. I gave my mom some plants. They are better looking than mine and are podding up. Not mine. LOL! Mom is out growing me.

I'm so excited to grow the BOC this year. Thank you for turning me on to it. Not super hot and has a good fruity flavor.

moruga welder said:
All is looking great Gary !     :party:

Thanks Frank!

Devv said:
I really liked the volunteer video ;)  Volunteers are way too cool.

AND, I'm really impressed with the plants growing in the RCW! Yours looks so much more broken down than mine. I'm guessing it rains more there?

keep doing what you're doing teacher. You're killing it!

Thanks so much for your kind words, Scott! Yes, this is the rainiest year we've had in a very long time. Heat and rainfall seem to really accelerate the decay..

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks Gary! Your inbox is full on the PM's.

I'm amazed at how good plants grow when left alone. I gave my mom some plants. They are better looking than mine and are podding up. Not mine. LOL! Mom is out growing me.

I'm so excited to grow the BOC this year. Thank you for turning me on to it. Not super hot and has a good fruity flavor.

Thanks Chuck! Housecleaning done!

Every year I start some NagaBrains and other varieties for one of my co-workers, whose gardening strategy appears to be a combination of occasional rainwater and ample neglect. His plants are orders of magnitude more lush, greener, and and more productive than mine. But for some reason I just can't resist over-caring for my garden...

I'm glad you like the BOC! I wish I had one right now...

Man! You're a braver man than I am for eating that whole NagaBrain cross Gary! I get wicked hiccups from a lot less heat than you got in the video, but you took it like a champ! Glad to see your plants looking and producing so well! I have 4 of your Forbing Nagas planted here and they're the largest Chinense varieties I have going. They're very prolific and have some nice, big pods. It's been an unusually cool summer here but I'm hoping to get lots of them ripening before too long. Cheers!

stickman said:
Man! You're a braver man than I am for eating that whole NagaBrain cross Gary! I get wicked hiccups from a lot less heat than you got in the video, but you took it like a champ! Glad to see your plants looking and producing so well! I have 4 of your Forbing Nagas planted here and they're the largest Chinense varieties I have going. They're very prolific and have some nice, big pods. It's been an unusually cool summer here but I'm hoping to get lots of them ripening before too long. Cheers!

Thanks so much Rick! It will be a very long time before I do that again...The afterparty was several times longer than the video, and very much more painful...

Wow, thanks for growing the Forbing pepper!!! I need to check your glog.... :dance:

Genetikx said:
Wow, never saw so many volunteers, what a blessing. Your beds are also super impressive, so neat and uniform.

Was also really hoping the video would continue.. what happened to the hornworm? :)

Thanks so much for saying that Ryan! Neatness and uniformity are exactly what i was shooting for....The hornworm was bisected with a pair of garden shears, right where I found him....

Trident chilli said:
Great video Gary all is as others have said looking good

Thanks John!

Back