• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

windchicken 2017

My every season starts with Texas Pequin, because it never stops growing. A few weeks back we dug up about 30 of these perennial plants to rescue them from the relentless march of the upcoming super hots...

pequin_1.jpg

Just seen your video of Matthew and Carlas Arkansas pepper garden.
That new pepper garden looks better than ever, and great to see Matthew looking so well. His plants are superb and good to hear his bees still working their magic. Say hello to them both from me next time me you chat please.
Stunning video Gary.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Superhot Sim said:
Gary
your been a trooper doing these pods raw and having ya a$$ whooped my friend :crazy: :lol: :lol: was that Forbing naga #F3 hotter than that beast of a Nagabrain x you done from Chris ? Plants looking good in the background as always Gary.

Thanks Simmy! No, it was nowhere near as hot as Chris' pepper...

stickman said:
That begs the question... How much is too much? You're certainly the expert on RCW Gary, so this is grist for the mill. [emoji2]

Sounds like the extra-spicy FN may have gotten a more Bhut-like mix of genes. Cheers!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Excellent question, Rick! Normally I use about 3 inches, but where the chlorosis is severe I measured 6 inches or more....I'm thinking one should never use more than 3 inches...

I'm real happy with this year's Forbing Naga. I had one last night that was even hotter than the one in the photo above...I would say very close to full NagaBrain strength, but without the "stingy" heat and the gut bomb....

Last Saturday was the second annual Louisiana/Arkansas/Texas Chile Brothers and Sisters meet and greet, in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Afterwards chile growing legends Matthew and Carla Arthur invited us to tour their mountain garden:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O164q_2O4GQ[/media]

Superhot Sim said:
Just seen your video of Matthew and Carlas Arkansas pepper garden.
That new pepper garden looks better than ever, and great to see Matthew looking so well. His plants are superb and good to hear his bees still working their magic. Say hello to them both from me next time me you chat please.
Stunning video Gary.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Will do, Simmy! That was my first time to meet Matthew and Carla...What a great couple, and such amazing growers

Can't wait to try Zapotec Jalapeño.. just sewn seeds you sent me today.. along with more nagabrains. Your garden looks amazing btw well done. So many people in the area where I live have huge plots of land covered in LAWN! And they BUY all their veggies lol

windchicken said:
Afterwards chile growing legends Matthew and Carla Arthur invited us to tour their mountain garden
Awesome video, Gary! Thanks for sharing! They seem like a very, very nice couple.

I'm telling you, it is borderline EERIE how much Matthew looks like my father, haha! Holy crap! I swear, I had to pause that video like 10 times to do a double take ;)

Jase4224 said:
Can't wait to try Zapotec Jalapeño.. just sewn seeds you sent me today.. along with more nagabrains. Your garden looks amazing btw well done. So many people in the area where I live have huge plots of land covered in LAWN! And they BUY all their veggies lol

Wow, thanks for growing them, Jase!!! And thanks for your kind words...I was just thinking this morning, as I carefully extricated the grass runners from the edges of my Scotch Bonnet bed, what a waste of real estate a damn lawn is...

My Mississippi Scorpion bed this morning, in the Dolet Hills of DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. This pepper is within just a few SHU points of the Carolina Reaper and the 7 Pot Primo, but the plants are several orders of magnitude more robust and productive....The original pods from which these plants sprang were shared with me years ago my the master himself, Butch Taylor....

scorpion1.jpg

MikeUSMC said:
Awesome video, Gary! Thanks for sharing! They seem like a very, very nice couple.

I'm telling you, it is borderline EERIE how much Matthew looks like my father, haha! Holy crap! I swear, I had to pause that video like 10 times to do a double take ;)

Thanks Mike! Yes, Matthew and Carla are great people...the kind of folks with whom one feels an instant bond...I don't think it's any coincidence at all that he bears such a strong resemblance to your father...

Great video! I could like that 1,000 times. Watched it twice! Thank you so much for sharing that experience with the rest of us. How was that Pink 7Pot?

Now on to that picture of the Scorpion bed. All I can say is WOW! What a great pic, nice looking pods and I like the bokeh. I would frame that.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great video! I could like that 1,000 times. Watched it twice! Thank you so much for sharing that experience with the rest of us. How was that Pink 7Pot?

Now on to that picture of the Scorpion bed. All I can say is WOW! What a great pic, nice looking pods and I like the bokeh. I would frame that.

Thanks Chuck...I have to confess that I've watched the video several times myself...What a great day, and what enigmatic souls are Matthew and Carla! ❤

Wow! Thanks so much for your kind words about my photo! I only wish I wish I had pulled off those yellow leaves, but there's still time for that....

Thanks for the video Gary ... I have been growing some of Matthews creations for a while this season his Sunny Borders Nursery Chocolate SB, Daisy Cutter and his Peach SB .. great to see the man in person and his lovely garden

Mississippi Scorpion look a real winner ... picture perfect

Things are rollin' in your neck of the woods, Gary!

The Mississippi Scorpions look awesome.  Something about
nubby red pods that is very appealing!

Datil said:
Great stuff Gary!
Matthew's garden is just insane! So natural and super healthy looking!

Take care

F

Thanks Fabrizio! I love what Matthew and Carla are doing up there...It was such a wonderful experience to actually stand in that garden, with those enigmatic chile heads!

Trident chilli said:
Thanks for the video Gary ... I have been growing some of Matthews creations for a while this season his Sunny Borders Nursery Chocolate SB, Daisy Cutter and his Peach SB .. great to see the man in person and his lovely garden

Mississippi Scorpion look a real winner ... picture perfect

Thanks John! I believe I will be growing several of Matthew's varieties from now on....

PaulG said:
Things are rollin' in your neck of the woods, Gary!

The Mississippi Scorpions look awesome.  Something about
nubby red pods that is very appealing!

Thanks Paul! It's a wonderful variety to be sure...so very productive, even in the late summer, which is saying a lot, especially for a super hot.

I stripped the Mississippi Scorpion plants last weekend and sent the fruit to a buddy, who wants them for pepper jelly. The yield was over half of an MFRB, in late August, which is just amazing to me:

scorpion2.jpg

S'right... the only jelly delivered with tongs. LoL!

I finally got to take a look at the vid or Matt and Carla. Cool people and exceptional garden... how many women would let their men plant both front and back yard entirely in chiles? :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing. 

Since Dropbox deactivated its Public Folder service, the links to all my images on THP for the last 4-5 years are now broken. Please bear with me, my friends, while I search for another way to host photos to THP....

Maybe one day that service will be baked into our beloved forums!!!

Back