• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Windows 10: Electronic Tyranny

Obama ran on reducing FISA, then turned around and did exactly the opposite ... signing into law measures to keep them from being able to be tried criminally for their actions.

That's the darkest blemish of his time in office, but it's true nonetheless ...
Hybrid Mode 01 said:

It makes me wonder what would happen if a president who ran on a platform that included a push to audit the fed actually got into office.

I wonder if they'd "discover" that he's a rapist, like Snowden, or if they'd just have him whacked like in the good old days.

That's Assange, but the point is the same ...

cruzzfish said:
Disable them in permissions. Having the ability to turn it on is different than the ability to change what can or cannot be enabled. If it's unlikely that you'll be using them, just delete the drivers. You can't hack what the computer doesn't know exists. 

And yeah, the FBI has been doing this for a while. I think it's likely they used phone mics before that, but don't want to talk.

You and LD I think are scary inaccurate in your ability to visualize the drivers being put back remotely or the switch being turned back on.
grantmichaels said:
Obama ran on reducing FISA, then turned around and did exactly the opposite ...

Just like GW had laws passed that retroactively granted immunity to AT&T.

How do you make something legal that is specifically illegal in the first place? And by that I mean not only did AT&T break the law but then congress and the senate did by granting the retroactive immunity.

Heckle said:

You and LD I think are scary inaccurate in your ability to visualize the drivers being put back remotely or the switch being turned back on.

They can access fucking everything through PDF, Java, and/or Flash exploits, really ... let alone that abomination from MS, Silverlight ...
Heckle said:

How do you make something legal that is specifically illegal in the first place? And by that I mean not only did AT&T break the law but then congress and the senate did by granting the retroactive immunity.

And the Twin Towers changed their insurance to cover terrorist attacks just in time for them to happen ... and a Bush was in charge of security ... and the physics doesn't work ...

For all of these things, though, I choose fukitol ... because it's Friday and fukitol.

grantmichaels said:

They can access f**king everything through PDF, Java, and/or Flash exploits, really ... let alone that abomination from MS, Silverlight ...

And the Twin Towers changed their insurance to cover terrorist attacks just in time for them to happen ... and a Bush was in charge of security ... and the physics doesn't work ...

For all of these things, though, I choose fukitol ... because it's Friday and fukitol.

fuck man i dont even think they need exploits

think about apple, ms, and google have all admitted complicity...its probably all built in

And don't forget the near ubiquitous backdooring of wireless routers ...
Heckle said:

f**k man i dont even think they need exploits

think about apple, ms, and google have all admitted complicity...its probably all built in

THAT is the post-Snowden effect, in truth ...

They got far enough before getting called out to where now you have to give up conveniences to have protections ...

That battle is already lost, and the war doesn't look to be shaping up to end all that well for end-users right now ...

The circumvention of Dell orders for  tampering is particularly fun, as well ...

grantmichaels said:

That's Assange, but the point is the same ...

Oops. You're right. Thanks.
grantmichaels said:
Obama ran on reducing FISA, then turned around and did exactly the opposite ... signing into law measures to keep them from being able to be tried criminally for their actions.

That's the darkest blemish of his time in office, but it's true nonetheless ...

Was all that part of the 2012 NDAA? That thing makes me want to strangle kittens.

Heckle said:

Putting drivers in remotely isn't that hard. Getting them exactly right, and more importantly, doing it in a way that doesn't alert the person in question is. The computer will display a notification, and you'll see the installer in the download menu. Or on your desktop if you have it set to store things there. It would be almost impossible to avoid them getting noticed. And I'm not going to get started on how difficult it would be to change permissions. If they have that kind of access, you're screwed whether or not you keep them off. 

Also, why are you worried about the gov't? If they wanted you dead or something, they'd do it from five thousand feet up with a drone, not through finding out what you discuss in your private time.

cruzzfish said:
Putting drivers in remotely isn't that hard. Getting them exactly right, and more importantly, doing it in a way that doesn't alert the person in question is. The computer will display a notification, and you'll see the installer in the download menu. Or on your desktop if you have it set to store things there. It would be almost impossible to avoid them getting noticed. And I'm not going to get started on how difficult it would be to change permissions. If they have that kind of access, you're screwed whether or not you keep them off. 

Also, why are you worried about the gov't? If they wanted you dead or something, they'd do it from five thousand feet up with a drone, not through finding out what you discuss in your private time.

I wish there was a dislike button.

cruzzfish said:
No you don't.

yes i do

do you really think there are no ways around notifications? why dont you stop trying to justify your previously wrong and illogical comments?

Heckle said:

yes i do

do you really think there are no ways around notifications? why dont you stop trying to justify your previously wrong and illogical comments?
Because they're right. And you still haven't explained how the file wouldn't just show up on the desktop or on the computer. If they delete it, then they've just deleted what they were trying to install.

cruzzfish said:
Because they're right. And you still haven't explained how the file wouldn't just show up on the desktop or on the computer. If they delete it, then they've just deleted what they were trying to install.

lol no you arent right, just naive

Heckle said:

lol no you arent right, just naive
You give the US gov't way to much credit. If they were that good, they wouldn't have had as many problems with other people hacking into them as they have. Or with deleting the stuff that Snowden leaked.

cruzzfish said:
You give the US gov't way to much credit. If they were that good, they wouldn't have had as many problems with other people hacking into them as they have. Or with deleting the stuff that Snowden leaked.

so all those links grant posted are just lies i guess

at&t was a lie

snowden himself a lie

cruzzfish said:

So you're completely cool with them stealing all your personal information and spying on you, potentially in hopes of accusing and convicting you of being a political dissident or maybe a terrorist... just as long as they don't bomb you? 
     What the hell is the matter with you? Do you have any idea why this country has a bill of rights? I hope to Flying Spaghetti Monster your ideas of freedom aren't indicative of those of the rest of your generation.

Back