• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Wing Sauce.

My step brother and his fiance are coming over for dinner this Friday and his fiance loves HOT food. So therefore it's my chance to make some home made hotwings. I was thinking of making my own sauce. Here's the ingredients I was thinking of mixing for the hotter batch of wings. If you guys have any ideas on how to make it better or how long I should cook it after I blend it together let me know.

Lime
Habanero's (Unfortunately pickled, I'm out of fresh ones.:()
Salt
Pepper
Tequila
garlic

I was thinking of a couple dabs of Mega Death too, but I may wait to see how it turns out. Just feel free to give opinions. Thanks guys.

P.S- Just so you guys know. I'm not bottling this. It's a one time use thing for the wings.

I have been experimenting with baked wings. I marinate them in buttermilk for 24 hours then roll in Progresso bread crumbs. Bake them in the oven @350 F til browned and oozy. They then go right into a stainless steel bowl and toss with Hot Bone Suckin' Sauce. They absolutely rip!!

I agree...garlic is king..especially in hot sauce and wings.

Cheers, TB.

I make a mix of flour paprika and cayenne and toss the wings with the mix and put them on a lined baking dish for about an hour in the fridge before frying them at 375F

LUCKYDOG said:
I make a mix of flour paprika and cayenne and toss the wings with the mix and put them on a lined baking dish for about an hour in the fridge before frying them at 375F

I deep fry my wings too. Seem to taste better that way I think. I just wet the wings with water and dip the wings in flour. I like the way the wing sauce sets into it that way.

It's a preference and I like mine "Clothed better:lol:". However, I've heard alot about your Defcon 1. I may have to order some of that stuff. The curiosity is setting in.:D

P.S- This is an edit. I just checked out your site. I'm going to order a couple bottles next week!!

texas blues said:
It's only a bad 'thang if you are in the habit of grabbing your "junk" while eating wings. Personally, for me, hot sauce and raw skin never the twain shall meet.
Cheers, TB.

That's funny that you said that because I got a bunch of MegaDeath on my hands one day. I thought I washed them good........NOPE....Let's just say that I awoke from my sleep with balls of fire and my wife laughing her A@# off!!:onfire::lol::lol:

Back