• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter Grow in a spare bedroom

Cheers ALL!

I started this a few weeks ago. I have 4 over winter plants. Reaper, Chocolate Moruga, Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet and the fourth lol I forgot. Either not chocolate primo or PurpleghostScorpion.

Seed layout has 6 or 7 herb varieties... I currently have a few germination activity. Reaper, Lemon Drop, cilantro and chocolate Moruga... Thanks for looking.
1aac2ee179bb18a15b315552ea97c4b0.jpg
a348224d5760c6312c320faa86a950fc.jpg
f87c587aac1be9f144b9af37caa5c6f9.jpg
ba8697e59c9148f717b8c82b36ae3f9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know. I tried that about 10 days ago in a small green house. I didn't close the flap. Leaving it a 3 sided enclosure. I guess it got too cold 1 night lost all the leaves... I'll see if it comes back it was labeled mystery...

PtMD989 said:
Are they the Africanized honey bees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this is late... No they are pretty docile. But I do have a story of a 50 something sprinting over 100 yds UPHILL, like I was 16 when I uh "found" the first nest. I was on the tractor all of a sudden they were everywhere. Lucky me only got hit 3 times. That was 10 years ago. But I bet I can still run that fast!

Devv said:
Your plants are looking really good! Even if the Aphids are bugging them.

The Neem should do the trick for sure.

Dirt day should be in the near future!
Thank you...Yup! Im figuring 2 weeks but I usually keep in containers because I have red clay soil and I haven't made any raised beds yet.
Last year I had 20+ plants this year would be close to 30

HeatMiser said:
Looking good Bookers! I was wonder how you were dealing with those aphids. Hopefully getting the plants outside will get rid of them!
Thanks Heat! I hit em again with the hose! Clean off some neem, knock off some bugs and get some fresh air! I just hope it doesn't drop to freezing at night...
Could I cover with tarp to protect? Will they still freeze? Tuesday will be 36 over night 40' low 60 high...

HeatMiser said:
Nice, I'd bring the plants in during the night if it's still getting in the 30s over there, but it's good to start hardening off the plants.

Hey, now you have all that space back in your room to start another grow!
Going back to work Monday so I don't think I'm bringing them back in...uhhg I don't want to lose them either. Could I cover them with something? Ideas?

HeatMiser said:
Nice, I'd bring the plants in during the night if it's still getting in the 30s over there, but it's good to start hardening off the plants.

+1. It's no fun, but I think if you don't bring them back in you won't like the results. 

HeatMiser said:
Hey, now you have all that space back in your room to start another grow!

+100.  More peppers bookers!!  :)

Just kidding.  ;)

Sorta...

Next 15 days look about the same 36 in the am 1 day then nothing lower than 40. Mid 50s to 60 later in the day... could I put chairs around them put them close together and throw an old sheet or blanket on? Is that a feasable plan of protection??
7561e57242b7cf224736f7a1659b45ba.jpg

Bookers said:
I just hope it doesn't drop to freezing at night...
Could I cover with tarp to protect? Will they still freeze? Tuesday will be 36 over night 40' low 60 high...

A cover of some kind would be helpful on
those colder mornings. The chair and sheet
idea might work okay. You could always put
a couple of strings of christmas lights under
the cover to up the temperature a little.

I hope your aphids disappear. They have kicked
my chinenses in the bu**. Worst looking plants
I've had in years.

PaulG said:
A cover of some kind would be helpful on
those colder mornings. The chair and sheet
idea might work okay. You could always put
a couple of strings of christmas lights under
the cover to up the temperature a little.

I hope your aphids disappear. They have kicked
my chinenses in the bu**. Worst looking plants
I've had in years.
Thanks CaneDog...
Thanks Heat
Thanks Paul,
Great ideas. There are very few aphids right now, but they still exist. I hosed the plants pretty good twice knocked off many! They were on every bud and new growth like stink on poop! I'll be getting some rain next few days that'll help I do believe!
On a positive note... I had an almost ripe very small purple ghost Scorpion pepper I just enjoyed most of it on tuna salad! Yum... didn't expect the heat to be there, but it didn't disappoint! Cheers peppapeople!!!
67e309868af9666fb51057b1898913a8.jpg

I'm in agreement with doing something for the cold. Mine were out in the dirt and it hit 40° here, in mid April! I can't remember those low temps ever this time of year.

I think the larger plants will be fine under the sheet, with the lights. The babies I would bring in for sure.

Devv said:
I'm in agreement with doing something for the cold. Mine were out in the dirt and it hit 40° here, in mid April! I can't remember those low temps ever this time of year.

I think the larger plants will be fine under the sheet, with the lights. The babies I would bring in for sure.
Im in PA last frost for me is still a couple weeks away...

Spare bedroom closed. Plants are out and pffft figures 1 more cold front coming this weekend! I will drag them all to the shed for the weekend... Happy Growing this year everyone! It was my pleasure to share with everyone my adventure... Thanks for all the advice and kind words... Ok now get outta here it's a gorgeous day ;)

Back