• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter Grow in a spare bedroom

Cheers ALL!

I started this a few weeks ago. I have 4 over winter plants. Reaper, Chocolate Moruga, Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet and the fourth lol I forgot. Either not chocolate primo or PurpleghostScorpion.

Seed layout has 6 or 7 herb varieties... I currently have a few germination activity. Reaper, Lemon Drop, cilantro and chocolate Moruga... Thanks for looking.
1aac2ee179bb18a15b315552ea97c4b0.jpg
a348224d5760c6312c320faa86a950fc.jpg
f87c587aac1be9f144b9af37caa5c6f9.jpg
ba8697e59c9148f717b8c82b36ae3f9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well well well ... these found their way in from my attic... They are pollinating the heck out of the flowers ...I hope when they run out they eat some aphids! Sigh... good and bad I guess.

He is quite big, the lil fucker, actually there are 2 ...
6e201b658dc9c00bb5fce0e0c8c18f5a.jpg
e986e4b6f3b2aec518f59ef1d518bff1.jpg

Bookers said:
... They are pollinating the heck out of the flowers
You sure you want all that uncontrolled cross-pollination going on Books? :shocked:

From a seed-saving perspective, you've got fairly isolated plants so far.

Just a thought.

PaulG said:
Hey, bookers, are those honey bees or yellowjackets?
Paul I have no Idea. These 2 are smaller than the ones I saw 2 days ago. I have attic access in that room maybe to big of a space open from when I was up there last. Btw honey bees are small and fuzzy...I didn't let my cat next to these guys lol
Last year was wasps...

Devv said:
Bee-careful! How are they getting in? Call me paranoid, I have 3 wild honey bee nests within 50 yards of the house. Hoping they never try for my home.....
Like I said it's the attic access point in that spare bedroom. It's in the ceiling of that closet. I just haven't sealed the ceiling access too well and I guess they can smell 27 or so plants in there lol. A couple of them are pretty husky hopefully they go for the aphids.

I have no idea... aren't africanized bees killer ;whoa; my son seems to think they cicada killers but they dig and nest in the ground... they are loving my my plants... actually only see one niw... been in there 4 times last 15 mins and have been prob 18 inches away here pays me no mind... im not letting my guard down lol.
1d136f3e679cfe6c0368cdf4a3ecc068.jpg
d039bb439a7cd689f4256dffeb4103c9.jpg
8464fa3c73ae47c719ca768080c55727.jpg

Bookers said:
Paul I have no Idea. These 2 are smaller than the ones I saw 2 days ago. I have attic access in that room maybe to big of a space open from when I was up there last. Btw honey bees are small and fuzzy...I didn't let my cat next to these guys lol
Last year was wasps...

Now that I have a better look, they look all the
world like the yellow jackets we have around
here. They have started swarming in our neck
of the woods now that we’ve had some warm
weather.

Peppers are growing. Plants are ok but a few of them have distorted growth because of the aphids. Aphids are getting worse growing and multiplying. I have sprayed again a couple times. 2 weeks I think it'll be time...

I just hope they don't do too much damage. Cheers Peeps happy growing...

I did start a few more seeds... Cilantro. Cucumbers. Sweet peppers. 2 types of oregano...

Ok so when I can see them moving and it looks to be uncontrollable what to do???

I've pruned and topped all of my plants to remove the infestation. Pffft yeah right...
I do believe I eliminate 70 percent and then applied neem...

I need the outdoors and a hose. I just don't feel like going up and down the stairs 52 times lol... cheers stay safe and keep your eyes on the zero freeze zone!

Back