• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter Grow in a spare bedroom

Cheers ALL!

I started this a few weeks ago. I have 4 over winter plants. Reaper, Chocolate Moruga, Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet and the fourth lol I forgot. Either not chocolate primo or PurpleghostScorpion.

Seed layout has 6 or 7 herb varieties... I currently have a few germination activity. Reaper, Lemon Drop, cilantro and chocolate Moruga... Thanks for looking.
1aac2ee179bb18a15b315552ea97c4b0.jpg
a348224d5760c6312c320faa86a950fc.jpg
f87c587aac1be9f144b9af37caa5c6f9.jpg
ba8697e59c9148f717b8c82b36ae3f9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just sprayed the whole lot! Fffffffff#@k. Just when it was going so well... needed a few more weeks...

Is that what they are? They looked like crumbs. I saw the other day paid no mind. Brushed them off... put one on my finger today and it was moving... is was all over my basil maybe I brought them home from the market and didn't know...

I feel like I just unloaded 4 Ar15 mags into the plants...smh
I feel like shutting down the lights and keep fan on so it's cooler...

Stinks about the aphids.  Plants in kratky you can pull out and take to the shower or sink and spray well with neutral temp water.  Dunking and swishing them in a bucket of water also works.  It will seriously knock back the aphids especially if you get them all at once.  And it's not hard on the plants at all.  Doing it with container plants you have to be a bit more careful to avoid getting dirt down the drain, but it's not super hard - plus the plants get a good deep watering flush if you spray them straight down into the growth tips after hitting them from the sides (they tend to hide in the creases in the growth tips).  That's pretty much all I do with aphids now.

When using Neem, be sure to keep them out from under the lights for a good 24 hours.

Good luck man.  Your plants are looking great and plant out isn't that far away!

-those crumbs are the sheds from them growing and they're often a first sign you've got problems.

Thanks CD I'll keep lights off today...I neemed the crap out of them. Neem solution anyway...

Thanks for the advice. One of the plants got put outside. Sacrifice. See if it makes it... no freezing expected this week... I'll hit with hose later...

Hope your NEEM shower does the trick for you, Bookers.

I haven't  had many problems with lights on my NEEM-treated
plants, but I don't have my lights right down on the plants, either.

I think our warm winter and early Spring contributed to the aphid
problems this season here in our corner of the PNW.

Thanks Paul! I took a brief look today after work and I only saw beautiful plants lol... I didn't see much of an infestation but the consensus is: it's aphid season on all indoor plants of high nitrogen intake. I have a coworker im going to trade with and he has em in green. He wasn't concerned acted like business as usual... mine are white they could be blue i dont care. it's a nuisance and a worry to me, as I feel like I've worked hard and don't want them there... ok off my soap box lol

Fingers crossed... Thanks again :)

Nice grow Bookers!

You do know Aphid is a dirty word right? I hate them as much as the Tomato Horn worm. I really hate when they get the plants under the lights. Here they seem to hit the Jals first for some reason inside or out. I isolate, then hose them, then treat with Neem.

Good luck with them and your grow!

I still see the lil bastards but whatever. 1 more week until the next air strike... lol...I showered some, wiped some, transplanted a couple, staked a few and gave a good feeding , pruning.

Here's the family pic. Cheers

And 1 of my favorites Chocolate Moruga Scorpion....
6ea21c7ad85a5ae9206483fd73002cf7.jpg
8667a002a28190a54ea861ab6d8dfa0e.jpg
de6a94874455f4e488672c98f772044a.jpg

Back