• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter indoor grow/ 2020 grow list

Started the carolina reapers a few days ago for a winter grow the temp is averaging 84.6-85.1F. Just fine tuning the station before planting the rest in Jan/Feb 2020.

Attachments

• reaper grow.jpg
    reaper grow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 2020 grow season.jpg
    2020 grow season.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86
Update: First picture in front death spiral peppers and in the back row micro tom tomatoes. Second pic: Reaper, apocalypse scorpion and lemon tree. Two reapers on the right had to top.

Attachments

• 20200219_171146.jpg
    20200219_171146.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200219_171102.jpg
    20200219_171102.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 63
Yeah, we be lookin happy, happy.

What micros you growin?

Something different and wanted to do for awhile, try to grow venus flytraps from seed. These don't grow in the typical soil that we all grow hot peppers in, the traps get the nutrients from insects. Any enhanced soils would kill the traps, they live in the swamped bogs in peat moss/sand. So I mixed a 60/40 blend of peat moss and perlite with distilled water(remember no minerals what so ever). Will patiently wait for the traps to sprout just like the peppers.

Attachments

• flytrap1.jpg
    flytrap1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 61
Well it seems that I've used up the image upload data, thought about going extreme but noticed that THP website is not secure. So I'll do my best to describe what has happened lately on the grow.

On 3.1.20 I planted the following seeds:
Lemon Scorpion
Scotch Brains
Scotch Bonnets WHP
Elysium Oxide Scotch Bonnet Mustard
Chocolate Bhutlah
Ghostly Jalapeno
Swamp Thing
Pink Tiger x Peach Bhutlah
Scotch Brains F1
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Skunk Red
Devils Brain
BOC x Brain Strain
Reaper x Chupetinho

Been keeping the heat mat around 86-87.5 degrees in a humidity dome. Some of the seeds started to sprout 3.7.20 and am sure more will emerge tomorrow.

I found some 4 year old seeds(7 pot Douglah) that I'm trying to germinate with the wet towel method, instead of  planting in soil. Hope they do germinate!!

The Lemon tree is growing very well, it's almost 1ft tall. The micro tomato plants, are good and have multiple tomatoes on them.

Interesting stuff growing on here. Those 4" tall tomato plants are neat, I may try to grow some of those myself. Growing venus fly traps seems more appealing than ever considering the aphids have moved into my garage grow space.

Mr.joe said:
Growing venus fly traps seems more appealing than ever considering the aphids have moved into my garage grow space.
They are slow to germinate, I planted them 2.21.20 and one finally peeked out of the peat moss 3.13.30. So I guess Friday was a good day after all! The sprout is very small, I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Here's a picture of the venus flytrap that sprouted. The black is the hull which is about the size of a blackberry seed, very small. I tried to moisten the helmet to free the leaves but it wouldn't give, so just left it alone and let nature take its course. From what I'm guessing the trap wrapped its roots around that small piece of perilite which is about 1/16" in size.

d43vJsa.jpg

The plants are doing awesome. Reaper #3 is the runt of the bunch but have faith in the plant. If it does anything like the runt tabasco plant did last year, it will out produce all other reaper plants.

HlRTbLR.jpg

Back