• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter indoor grow/ 2020 grow list

Started the carolina reapers a few days ago for a winter grow the temp is averaging 84.6-85.1F. Just fine tuning the station before planting the rest in Jan/Feb 2020.

Attachments

• reaper grow.jpg
    reaper grow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 2020 grow season.jpg
    2020 grow season.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86
Have fun spreading that out, TB.

I'll be sure to post some pics of the micro
tomatoes as the season rolls on!

Great progress there, TB. All the starts look good.

The Reaper is going to be a beast!

Well a major turn of events for the bigger plants that I placed outside and am super bummed. Saturday I knew there was going to be scattered showers and kept close tabs on weather to see if it was going to get severe. According to NOAA, local news weather, and phone apps just spotty rain showers through out the state. So i just left the plants on the roofed porch. Sunday I wake up and noticed leaves stuck to the window, meaning there was at least high winds. Walk over to the window where I could look at the plants...my mouth dropped. Every single plant are basically stripped of leaves, all but two still have some foliage so I'm crossing the fingers that some will rebound. Going to leave them be for the time being and see what they do. So I go outside and two-three mounds of pea sized hail up against the house, look at the garage door it has been pushed off its track and slightly bowed in. Went into the garage and yup more hail piled up inside. Look at my neighbors house about 1/8 mile away and his machine shed door is laying all twisted up in the yard. So later on Sunday I planted some more reaper, apocalypse scorpion, and death spiral seeds and hope they kind of "fast track" in growth to catch up with the other plants. Kinda dumbfounded how the weather news didn't pick up on this during the course of the day with all the tech they have.

TattooedBullfrog said:
Let's see how this grow goes. I meant germinated instead of sprouted on the pic.The oranges were really good tasting.

X1kYb5w.jpg
qxqrhAU.jpg

You can't grow most citrus fruits from their seeds. The fruit won't be the same and not even close.

How they do it is graft e.g. blood orange branches on to sturdy-stock trunks. The seeds that are produced are apt to be more like the sturdy-stock trunk than the blood orange branches. Almost all citrus is grown the same way.

That's really crappy about the hail storm, TB.  Your plants looked really strong, though, so I'm hopeful they bounce right back.  

How are the little vf traps doing?  Are they starting to crave cheeseburgers yet?

Yes CaneDog the traps are doing well, there are three groups of them in the 3" pot. While taking pictures i zoomed in and there are some treats to eat in the pot. The inside plants are doing well, as usual the chocolate bhutlah are blasting off. Checked on the outside plants, the leaves are still green whats left of them, stems seem strong, no wilting yet...come on buddies pull through this!! I have pics of them after...but its heartbreaking to look at or post them.

sAFkQB7.jpg
WRA9PKg.jpg
0tXu7GS.jpg

The wind-stripped plants should burst out at
the nodes for you. Sorry to hear about the capricious
weather . The venus fly traps are very cool!

The replacements for the hail damaged plants are sprouting, just waiting on the reapers. The damaged plants really haven't done much of anything since then. They are still green and strong but no new growth. Any suggestions on what the next step would be to help these plants out? Also transplanted the chocolate bhutlah plants, but came right back inside cuz heavy storms once again.

ebKF3zq.jpg
t0NlGR5.jpg

Warning!!....Viewer discretion is advised in viewing of these photos! These pictures were taken 5 minutes ago and the plants are still in the same shape as they were after the storm on May 3rd. Still green and strong, What do you think a good action would be CD and PaulG?

yBXmmI1.jpg
MqUZQnr.jpg

Darn it!  Wrote a response and then lost it.  They do look like they got their butts kicked a bit, but many/most appear to be coming back. I'd go through and check the growth tips, especially if they don't seem to be growing at the tips. If they're limp or unhealthy looking, I'd cut them back to where they have good turgidity and look healthy, being sure to leave at least a few good growth nodes.  If they seem healthy, I'd just leave them be and give them time, unless I could see several active growth nodes lower on the branch in which case I might prune back to those and let the plant focus its energy where it's getting the best results.  Also, if a growth tip was broken off I'd probably give it a clean cut back to a good growth node.  I think with the majority it's just a matter of time. Hope so!

Back