• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter indoor grow/ 2020 grow list

Started the carolina reapers a few days ago for a winter grow the temp is averaging 84.6-85.1F. Just fine tuning the station before planting the rest in Jan/Feb 2020.

Attachments

• reaper grow.jpg
    reaper grow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 2020 grow season.jpg
    2020 grow season.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86
Well sadly we're off to a bad start. We left in early march to go visit family in South America. My parents were looking after the pets/house/seedlings, but forgot about the seedlings for a few days and they dried out and most died. Once we got back (and are in self quarantine for 2 weeks after having to rush home or get stuck down there for months), I replanted, but we'll be behind this year, so hoping for a long and hot summer.

On the plus side, the South American pepper plants I overwintered in the garage seem to still be doing well. I'll start putting them outside for a couple hours a day soon.

Attachments

• 20200330_090434.jpg
    20200330_090434.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 62
PaulG said:

Should really flourish in that 4-gallon pot!
Yes, I'm pretty comfortable with 4gal pots, they produce just enough peppers anything bigger I'd be scrambling to what to do with them all. Although I'm going to plant one of the reapers in the ground and see what becomes of it. If IL weather stays stable is next week, think the lowest its going to get is upper 30's at night I'm kicking the bigger plants outside for good!! :party:

TattooedBullfrog said:
Yes, I'm pretty comfortable with 4gal pots, they produce just enough peppers anything bigger I'd be scrambling to what to do with them all. Although I'm going to plant one of the reapers in the ground and see what becomes of it. If IL weather stays stable is next week, think the lowest its going to get is upper 30's at night I'm kicking the bigger plants outside for good!! :party:

Right on, TB, even a 3-gallon pot produces
pretty decent plants/yields.

Hope you are able to get the plants outside
real soon. We are holding our breath here that
the night temps will stay in the mid 40s and
above. We’re due to have a decent grow season,
for sure!

TattooedBullfrog said:
Yesterdays micro tomatoes, the first bite tastes like a cherry tomato then a hint of tartness at the end. Not as good as a cherry but they are ok.

jFjADa0.jpg

I looked online and found a number of vendors
for micro tomatoes. Where did you get your
seeds, TB?

PaulG said:

I looked online and found a number of vendors
for micro tomatoes. Where did you get your
seeds, TB?
PaulG I got the micro seeds from rareseeds, however the site is down to restock/disinfect the work place. Posted this last night but guess THP website crashed or something and the posts/pics were removed.

TattooedBullfrog said:
PaulG I got the micro seeds from rareseeds, however the site is down to restock/disinfect the work place. Posted this last night but guess THP website crashed or something and the posts/pics were removed.

Yeah, so was my response.

I found another couple of sources:

https://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product-category/dwarf-tomatoes/micro-dwarf-tomatoes/

https://www.renaissancefarms.org/seeds/10-varieties-of-miniature-dwarf-tomatoes-under-8-inches-tall/

I ordered a variety from each of them.
The Renaissance Farms order shipped today.
I only ordered the others yesterday.

Looking forward to trying these out.
Glad you posted about them. Thanks!

PaulG, no  problem the micro were entertaining to grow. Might get some of those from Renaissance Farms in the future.                                  
These hot sauce bottles crack me up and can only think of Emilio Estevez..... "Yoooo Hoooo I'll make you famous".
Got a load of mulch Thursday for the 10x20 bed for the container plants.

XII8oHi.jpg
pXyS6Ly.jpg

Back