• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter indoor grow/ 2020 grow list

Started the carolina reapers a few days ago for a winter grow the temp is averaging 84.6-85.1F. Just fine tuning the station before planting the rest in Jan/Feb 2020.

Attachments

• reaper grow.jpg
    reaper grow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 2020 grow season.jpg
    2020 grow season.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 85
Here's the grow station set up. Top shelf is germination tray: seed factor heat mat, kimbro light. Second shelf is grow tray: kimbro light, dual 4" fans (9 step), all on a timer. Both shelves are wrapped with Reflectix reflective insulation.

Attachments

• grow station1.jpg
    grow station1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69
Transplanted some of the reaper and apocalypse scorpion plants to larger containers. Also told myself not to plant any more seeds until Feb, but just can't help it. Bottom picture: front row are death spiral peppers, rear row are micro tom tomatoes. Planted 1.4.20, germination: tomatoes: 1.9.20, death spiral: 1.10.20 temp average: 84.6F

Attachments

• reaper grow10.jpg
    reaper grow10.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 58
  • death spiral1.jpg
    death spiral1.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 61
I just started some of my seeds on the weekend, nothing sprouted yet.  The rest I will get started this coming weekend.
This year I'm growing:
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Satan Strain
7-Pot Brain Strain X Carolina Reaper
7-Pot Atlantic Yellow
Ghost Pepper Orange
Chocolate Long Pepper Seeds
Brazilian Reaper
Apocalypse Scorpion
Habenero
Jalaneno
Banana
Poblano

Plus I have overwintered two hot pepper plants from Paraguay, in my garage with a heater and grow light. So far they still look decent. Keeping them around 10 celcius, watering every couple of weeks.
I'm in the Niagara region in Canada, near Buffalo. Last year my reapers and scorpions all did great, I still have bags of dehydrated peppers, and make several dozen jars of hot sauce. Most have been gifted away already, down to less than a dozen left.

That's an awesome list of peppers, wish you luck with this years grow. I was looking all over for this thread and didn't realize it got moved to g-logs, thanks for who ever moved it. I had to top some of the reaper plants, they were growing like crazy.

Just caught up with your first round of seeds -
the plants look great.

Good luck getting the next round underway!

Back