• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter indoor grow/ 2020 grow list

Started the carolina reapers a few days ago for a winter grow the temp is averaging 84.6-85.1F. Just fine tuning the station before planting the rest in Jan/Feb 2020.

Attachments

• reaper grow.jpg
    reaper grow.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 2020 grow season.jpg
    2020 grow season.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 85
TattooedBullfrog said:
CaneDog, thanks. I'm going to transplant the GJ soon and keep eyes on the foliage to see if anything changes. From what I gathered from yourself and Mr.Joe seems some jalapeno plants are like that.

One a side story from today's events, I had a DOT physical this morning to continue driving food grade tanker. The Dr. and I were conversing of what the weekend plans were, the Dr said he was going to help his neighbor out with the garden putting straw over the tomato plants. I mentioned I was growing hot peppers and his reply was "hot peppers are very good for the well being of the immune system". I knew peppers were good for one, but getting confirmed by a MD just made my day!

Attachments

• 20200620_065525.jpg
    20200620_065525.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
Mother Nature strikes again but not in a form of a hail storm this time. A family of raccoons uprooted a reaper(of course the pepper I'm trying to concentrate on this year) , lemon scorpion plant and dug into the containers of a death spiral, apocalypse scorpion, and one of the hail damaged reapers. On the uprooted plants most the root system is still intact, so gotta nurse them back to health. Went to the store and got a truck load of cayenne pepper powder and sprinkled each pot with the powder. Gonna set up the game cam later this evening what see what get captured on cam. Although I'd really like to be up on the roof and pick them off one by one!!

]
jKKWOCS.jpg

TattooedBullfrog said:
Mother Nature strikes again but not in a form of a hail storm this time. A family of raccoons uprooted a reaper(of course the pepper I'm trying to concentrate on this year) , lemon scorpion plant and dug into the containers of a death spiral, apocalypse scorpion, and one of the hail damaged reapers. On the uprooted plants most the root system is still intact, so gotta nurse them back to health. Went to the store and got a truck load of cayenne pepper powder and sprinkled each pot with the powder. Gonna set up the game cam later this evening what see what get captured on cam. Although I'd really like to be up on the roof and pick them off one by one!!

Man TBF, you grow some of the nicest looking plants with big healthy root systems, but you seem to suffer more undeserved calamity that just about anyone - except maybe DragonsFire ;)

I hope that powder keeps the raccoons at bay.  I've had issues with rabbits and outdoors rats before and I've been sorely tempted to take a couple beers up to the roof and stake them out one night.  :)

Yeah...last year grow was spotless...something to do with 2020 don't know what's going on but I'll never give up on growing!! Bring it Mother Nature, THP and myself will conquer what your trying to throw at us!! FYI: outside temp 90 feels like 97...shingles on the roof 130...think I'm just going to sip beer inside at 74 during this vacation. Raccoons still haven't forgotten you! :evil:bastards!

Had a visitor last night, well two the cam also caught a mouse. The cayenne powder seemed to work, not one plant was touched.So I reached out to a friend that is an avid hunter and asked to borrow a couple of live traps. He said sure no problem just as long as I make him some fresh  cheesy jalapeno pork rinds...pfftt done deal!

nHFWHU4.jpg

Just hanging around waiting for a little road trip to a new home. Guess this guy was hungry also ate the small paper plate I put the cat food and peanut butter mixture on.The other trap was tripped and on its side with the bait gone with nothing caught, so might be dealing with a experienced raccoon.1 down 4 to go.

r1OgcXu.jpg

Dodged another severe storm this past Wed, I live near the "H" in Shelbyville. The local news mentioned high winds 60-70mph,and large hail. Lucky the purple readings was just heavy downpours and not hail. Staked down all the plants on Monday so all is good. Have some blooms coming on the death spiral, reaper, and reaper chupetinho plants. The sour mexican plant is good, one of the vines latched onto a spider web which I thought was interesting to see.

IU22aXU.jpg
es96uZo.jpg
r1t6YWV.jpg

Getting a severe storm here right now, warnings of 100kph+ winds and even a tornado watch.
I went out ahead of time and just make sure all of my peppers and tomatoes were tied up well.
Unfortunately, one of my 20 foot tall hops Vines has fallen into the pool, the support bracket broke in the Wind. I will go assess the damage afterwards, I don't know if the chlorine water will hurt it if it's only in there for half an hour, or if the stem is still intact.

Have some more pods coming on these two plants and hopefully the reapers will start producing soon has they have some blooms. This heatwave has took a toll on some the plants, the foliage getting sun burnt. Today there was a nice rain that came through, plus cooler weather conditions. Last two pictures, yet another act of nature eating the tops of the tomato plants, so sprinkled some 7dust on them. Guess the deer didn't like the taste of that. Been aiming to get some updated pictures of the fly traps, will work on that later today!

dFQILpp.jpg
Lwn0OlB.jpg
VrzM5Jm.jpg
7S1IW9n.jpg

Went to the local seafood market yesterday with just lobster and shrimp on the mind. I guess recently they started to sell pickles, so I got 3 containers, 1 to stay regular, 1 added a ghost pepper, and 1 added a reaper pepper. Tasted the pickle brine this morning and both have a nice heat to them. The scorpion cheddar cheese is awesome with some summer garlic sausage/pretzel cracker.

8wyDPMY.jpg
mi8UaZS.jpg
fJ9rdbh.jpg
X6am5EI.jpg
5MtS6pV.jpg

It's about time Mr. Carolina Reaper! This plant is the hail damaged one and has rebounded well with a lot of buds and some blooms. This is the first pod emerging from the 3 reaper plants. Read in another thread that growers were having issues with reaper slow podding out, so probably bring this one inside when the season is draws closer to the end.
qoPyd4Q.jpg

Chocolate Bhutlah pods are starting to turn that wonderful deep brown.
MbXYT0T.jpg

Have a few Apocalypse Scorpion pods coming on.
uzIsiuE.jpg

Sour Mexican gherkin is taking on the watermelon pattern.
M54y3At.jpg

Back