• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I didn't take many photos of the Halloween but here is one from when I was messing around with my camera settings trying to figure it out
IMG_4096.jpg

Are the other ones that have been distorting longer have little white markings on it? If thats what it is The plant will still carry on but it can spread to your other plants
Nah, here at this location it's just the Purple Flash with the white markings which is why I'm not concerned--seeing as that's normal, right?

At my other location it's just that one plant with the white markings. I had a good look around the yard and haven't seen anything remotely similar. I'm thinking now, surely if it is a virus, there would be other affected plants around? And surely with it going on for a couple months now, it would have spread elsewhere by now?

Whatever it is, it sure is odd not to have seen signs of the same/similar thing elsewhere in the yard....

On some better news....

My champion Aji Lemon from last season finally coming back to life after overwinter prune:

IMG_6490.jpg

It really looked like it wasn't going to make it at one stage there but this plant really doesn't want to let me down! Last season it just kept pumping out pods even when my other plants were bitching about various weather conditions and wouldn't do anything for me.

And it's extra special ATM too--parent pod of another baccatum/chinense cross: :D

IMG_6491.jpg

I don't know what the hell this thing is I got from Judy (my Yellow NOT Wasp) but it's the fastest growing plant I've had yet:

IMG_6495.jpg

It's actually two plants in the pic but they are overwinters which I've had to prune back twice now since the start of spring due to severe broad mite attack. No kidding... only two weeks ago I pruned them back to literally half that size! The majority of the growth you are seeing in the pic is *new* growth since then. :crazy:

Even the one I planted this season from saved seeds is growing faster than my other plants--including my annuums.

Onions...

IMG_6500.jpg

I planted onions once in this patch like 10+ years ago--back when it was a proper patch--and realized they are still growing there. :lol:

And I was worried these seeds wouldn't be viable....

IMG_6502.jpg

:lol:

Ok here are a couple of photos:

This is the garden bed I planted a couple of weeks ago. Lost a few seedlings to snails but have since replaced them
IMG_5462.jpg

My overwintered Bhuts and Nagas. All flowering need to plant them out, was going to today but sick with tonsilitis so maybe next week
IMG_5460.jpg

My farmer has all the seedlings except for these couple hundred Bhuts which were started late.

IMG_5456.jpg

Packed the trailer ready for the markets tomorrow
IMG_5452.jpg

My overwintered Bhuts and Nagas. All flowering need to plant them out, was going to today but sick with tonsilitis so maybe next week
I had a whole bunch of gardening I was planning on doing today but sick with hungover.... :lol:

Nahh, sorry to hear that, Candice. :( Get well soon!

Packed the trailer ready for the markets tomorrow
IMG_5452.jpg
I so wish someone was cool enough to sell superhot seedlings at the markets in these parts! :mope: (It would make life much easier around seed starting time......)

Is there a big demand for 'em?

And BTW, those square pots, where do you get them from? I have about 10 I've saved from nursery purchased plants but the majority of the time I use the round ones for first pot up. I hate the round ones for first pot up! As I transport most of my plants from here to my alternate growing location, it's much easier to do so with the square pots (especially as I have some of those trays).

:lol: Wish my sickness was caused from a hangover! Hope you get better soon too :) Just have a fry up with some chilli and a few glasses of juice.

I think you can get those pots from Garden City plastics. Same deal as with other stuff you have to buy in bulk not small amounts.
Yes square pots are easy to move around and I think these are the perfect size for the first pot up.
If you can't get them you can always get 8 pack carry trays for your round ones. I don't think you have to buy them in bulk...
Yes good demand for them atm. I can see over time though that it won't be as worthwhile once everyone is growing them, however I will continue to sell them as they are one of my main products.

I think you can get those pots from Garden City plastics. Same deal as with other stuff you have to buy in bulk not small amounts.
Having a look at their site, and WOW, that's some serious quantities you have to buy!

Garden City Plastics said:
ORDER QUANTITY
Must be in STANDARD PACK multiples and minimum runs apply to all coloured lines as follows:

All punnets and Tubes/Pots up to 75mm - 10,000
Pots over 75mm and up to 150mm Pots - 3,000
All Trays and Pots over 150mm - 1,000
Does that mean that you can buy single packs of non-coloured lines (i.e. black)?

I could use some more 250mm, 300mm, and possibly 330mm pots. Pack sizes for those are between 15-30. I wonder what the price is on a pack? :think:

I'm not sure I usually just ring them as they don't give out prices unless you ring. Yes black you can buy in lower quantities.
That is why when i grow in pots at home I grow mostly in black pots even though it's better for the plants to be in other colours. I certainly don't need or have room for over 1,000 large pots!

I'm not sure I usually just ring them as they don't give out prices unless you ring. Yes black you can buy in lower quantities.
That is why when i grow in pots at home I grow mostly in black pots even though it's better for the plants to be in other colours. I certainly don't need or have room for over 1,000 large pots!
And I would have even less of a need for 1,000.... :rofl:

Yeah, unfortunately I discovered a little too late that black pots aren't ideal. So what the hell, most of them are black already, does it really matter if I keep buying black? :lol:

Yeah!
Exactly. Just mulch them to helpkeep the heat down and if it is extremely hot during the day and your home give them a water to cool the roots down. I try and grow most of mine in the ground for this reason

Back