• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Everyones different conditions will give different results even with the same soil mix. So absolutely if it works then go with it.

Raels! Where you been, man? Having a good season and all that?

Aye Gas! :D
I discovered television! Naw, been busy. :-)
I tend to disappear every once in a while, heh.

I haven't got much in this season as I was thinking of moving at some point (somewhere warmer!). Just too cold here up in the hills.

Just ripped another 15 or so infected pods of my plants and killed two fruit flies buzzing around, boy I can't wait till I get these mozzie nets....

Aye Gas! :D
I discovered television! Naw, been busy. :-)
I tend to disappear every once in a while, heh.

I haven't got much in this season as I was thinking of moving at some point (somewhere warmer!). Just too cold here up in the hills.

That reminds me... I haven't done my little disappearance thingy in a while..... :lol:

Just ripped another 15 or so infected pods of my plants and killed two fruit flies buzzing around, boy I can't wait till I get these mozzie nets....

Did you catch 'em in the act? They're like a cat taking a pee... they won't budge until they've finished their business. At this point, grab a lighter and burn their wings. :flamethrower: It sends a message to the other fruit flies.... don't F with my chillies! (or at least I like to think it does.... :lol:)

LOL yea I did catch them in the act but I didn't even think about setting them on fire, It sounds like fun. :D I don't think I'll even get one pod prior to getting these nets it kinda sucks big time!!!

LOL yea I did catch them in the act but I didn't even think about setting them on fire, It sounds like fun. :D I don't think I'll even get one pod prior to getting these nets it kinda sucks big time!!!

I know the feeling. Last seaon was pretty much a write off for me. I had varieties growing that I never even got a chance to try! I learned the hard way to be prepared. ;)

Yea next season I'm going to have a bit ramp up I've got a lot of primo and monster naga seedlings that should have some size to them by the start of winter so i'll have them hopefully ready for next summer and wack on these mozzie nets before it gets to hot and that way I should have heaps of pods to hurt myself with :)

Sorry to hear of you guys battling with these fruit flies :( I'm touching wood (hmm, does that sound bad??!....lol ) that we don't get a lot of fruit fly action down here in VIC as they sound like a PROPER nightmare.

Nothing of huge significance to report from here....other than the pods seem to be getting bigger now thankfully.
My Macedonian plant is being a star and giving me another wave of pods. After collecting about 30 nice sized pods it seemed to sit there for an eternity with one green pod left on it, but now that the weather's turned a tad hotter i witnessed another 40 or so flowers over the last 3 days, and almost overnight there are at least 20 new pods growing now. I LOVE this plant! I'm guessing it grows faster due to not being a 'super hot'? But it sure produces! Although i love my 7 pot plants to bits, the Macedonian is probably my 'work-horse' out of all my grow this year, as the pods are usable in day to day cooking, and can be added for a bit of heat in meals that my whole family can enjoy.

I had to laugh earlier, as i always drop a few pods to my neighbors here...and i woke up this morning and went on Facebook to find this status update from one of them

224861_10151338124356815_169023802_n.jpg

That Macedonian does sound like a champion, nee! Some plants just are. Aji Lemon is another that comes to mind. Those things just don't stop!

I will deffo have to give the Macey-D's another shot next season. Shame I didn't end up getting any to pop this season. :(

(And stop touching that thing or it will fall off! :lol:)

Reactions: nee
Is the macedonian the same as the Jimmy nardello?

Yea these little bugs suck big time but I suppose if not anything they will make me be prepared for next season :D So far I haven't had one single pod eatable so far :(

Btw has anyone got any Butch T seeds isolated or not no big deal I got a stash of leftovers I can mail in return

Fatalii pancakes........ :drooling:

Is the macedonian the same as the Jimmy nardello?

Yea these little bugs suck big time but I suppose if not anything they will make me be prepared for next season :D So far I haven't had one single pod eatable so far :(

Btw has anyone got any Butch T seeds isolated or not no big deal I got a stash of leftovers I can mail in return

Bugger!!! There's still time to see *some* pods though. Get crackin' on them bags! Freakin' fruit fly... I hate them so bad! Out in the garden this arvie I happened upon a few of the bastages doing their evil deed..... :flamethrower: ;)

ButchT seeds... plenty! Isolated... that's another story. :P

Lol Gas the missus Is about to shoot me the only exclusion I've got at the moment is her washing delicates bag :D thats until these bloody mozzie nets come then I should be all good :)

Yea I'll grab some butch t seeds when ya got some gas I'm not selling em so impure is about as pure as I want :D ya never know I may get a cool cross out of em that could be called the Gassifier

I'll send ya back all the seeds I got left which I don't have a use for trinidad scorps original i think there is some unlabled brain strains, sweet cayenne, another unlabled, dorset naga, tabasco CGN 21546 and amish bush

took a pic before it got dark thought I would post it.. Sigh about the pods but everythings very green lol..

F1B16226-7072-4325-948F-ED327DE88B88-7608-000003C2D6C838DA.jpg

Lol Gas the missus Is about to shoot me the only exclusion I've got at the moment is her washing delicates bag :D thats until these bloody mozzie nets come then I should be all good :)

Yea I'll grab some butch t seeds when ya got some gas I'm not selling em so impure is about as pure as I want :D ya never know I may get a cool cross out of em that could be called the Gassifier

I'll send ya back all the seeds I got left which I don't have a use for trinidad scorps original i think there is some unlabled brain strains, sweet cayenne, another unlabled, dorset naga, tabasco CGN 21546 and amish bush

Got 'em now... but give me until after Christmas and I'll get 'em out to you. Too much to bloody do and not enough time to do it! PM me your details and I'll have 'em out to you as soon as I can.

The Gassifier... me wanty!!!! :D (And it doesn't even exist yet... :lol:) You know, if you don't get a hybrid outta my seeds, I'm so stealing that name. :P

No need for a trade. Trust me when I say I don't need any more seeds! ;) I've still got 20 odd varieties I never got around to starting this season plus about a thousand hybrids now I'm gonna grow next season. I gotta stop sexing up my chillies with other!

FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION (the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby irrevocably acknowledged) the undersigned hereby indemnifies and saves harmless the Indemnitee from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever which the Indemnitee may pay, sustain, suffer or incur by reason of or in connection with The Gassifier including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all costs and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred in connection with any such loss or damage to the pursuit of marketing a simular product under such name.

LoL

Anybody else having troubles with caterpillars still getting to their bagged pods?? Been working a charm against the fruit fly but I'm still finding damn little shit caterpillars in my pods. It seems as though they are small enough to still get in through the top of the bag regardless of how tight you tie it. :mad:

Some how missed that, mate, but looking great!!

Anybody else having troubles with caterpillars still getting to their bagged pods?? Been working a charm against the fruit fly but I'm still finding damn little shit caterpillars in my pods. It seems as though they are small enough to still get in through the top of the bag regardless of how tight you tie it. :mad:

I can understand how they get through given I've seen some caterpillars not long after they hatched. They're less thick than a human hair. The largest two Moruga Red pods here were ruined by caterpillars.

I feed them to the ants. I think the ants have developed a taste for them because I've only found one in the last month or so!

Back