• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Looks cool Micca. Did you get those channels from the hydro place in canning vale? Out the back there they have lots of cool stuff set up like yours. All that hydroton must have cost a bit.

When you first said channels I thought you meant the closed pvc tubes. I've got a spare piece of rectangular down pipe I was going to drill some holes in and try to rig up a NFT system for next season.

I just pulled a sacrificial plant out of my new aquaponics system.

Been in there 1 week since seed and the root system is already 25cm long....tops maybe 10cm tall....things are growing nuts!!

Im never going to grow veggies in soil again...
20130120_144537.jpg

THis is my new system, fish barrel in the bottom.
20130120_145320.jpg

And this is my worm farm convert that runs off the existing pond my rental had. Makes the water beautiful and clean :)

20130120_145335.jpg

*will post pics soon*

How do u kool ur resivour , got a few ideas my self , looks sick and simple at the same time I'm gunna build one out of glass and PVC , make it water fall to airate and lower the temp

Translated:

How do you cool your reservoir? i have a few ideas myself which are simple & effective at the same time.
I am going to build one out of glass & PVC & include a waterfall to aerate the system which hopefully should lower the temperatures also.

Sorry Big Kev, i f**king hate txt talk.

Mezo. ;)

Translated:

How do you cool your reservoir? i have a few ideas myself which are simple & effective at the same time.
I am going to build one out of glass & PVC & include a waterfall to aerate the system which hopefully should lower the temperatures also.

Mezo. ;)

So do I.... and as do I also hate the use of the ampersand instead of the writer just writing "and". Ticks me right off! :P

I'm no grammar guru (evidently :lol:) but isn't that thing only really used in titles/names?

Translated:

Mezo. ;)
Txt talk harden up ppl respect u on this I did till that ain't txt talk a legitimate question question can't spell so I abbreviate , what kind of bull plop u trying to pull ? I used a k instead of a c big whoop if you are ( u r ) going to ( Gunnar b ) a fag about it so be it mr Oxford farrrkin dictionary

Txt talk harden up ppl respect u on this I did till that ain't txt talk a legitimate question question can't spell so I abbreviate , what kind of bull plop u trying to pull ? I used a k instead of a c big whoop if you are ( u r ) going to ( Gunnar b ) a fag about it so be it mr Oxford farrrkin dictionary
think kevs had a few :drunk:

I guess im to old to understand what Big Kev just said, was he being nice to me?

Your poor old English teacher, did you & her not get along or something?

Mezo.

Understand this my English teacher woz Asian = ill snap my left leg in ur arse then shiiiiittt down ur throat and u can rotate on ur solar dehydrator till the khuntttt warms up , give me shiiiitttt think ur all that open ur wallet pay for exterme , u want it u got it :)

Understand this my English teacher woz Asian = ill snap my left leg in ur arse then shiiiiittt down ur throat and u can rotate on ur solar dehydrator till the khuntttt warms up , give me shiiiitttt think ur all that open ur wallet pay for exterme , u want it u got it :)

Im sorry KEVIN i simply don`t understand what you are saying?

All i can see is wriggly red lines under what you have written? possibly the forum has made a mistake? maybe its you that is writing the correct language & all us are wrong in our spelling & grammar?

Oh well live & learn, Big Kev from Perth has it all sussed? he`s right & were all wrong, should we all start talking TXT TLK & be as educated as him, hey im all for learning from the youth of today.

Wise up Kev & speak English your in the presence of adults on a public forum, not children.

Mezo.

??? Where did that come from ???

Oh sorry Shakespeare but I speak Ozzie M8 , no fark head u grow up bet ur a wog , if u ( you ) want a educated conversation then pipe up and don't wait for ur ( your) spell check to correct ur dyslexic remarks , bet ur ( your) a dole bulger ( poor faaark) that can't get a job , faaark me thought u ( you were a good bloke ) but turns out u ( you ) r a poor faggggggooottttt with to much time on their ( not there) hands .

??? Where did that come from ???
I'm asking myself the same ?

I kept a caterpillar that left one pod I harvested and then destroyed another pod that I had harvested in the kitchen. Moths are now on my enemy of chillies list:

bbfS56k.jpg

Moth - Adult form of pod destroying caterpillar

I had to feed it another pod and then supply a leaf as a place for it to build its cocoon.

Edit: For an idea on scale the moth is 1 cm long.

I kept a caterpillar that left one pod I harvested and then destroyed another pod that I had harvested in the kitchen. Moths are now on my enemy of chillies list:

bbfS56k.jpg

Moth - Adult form of pod destroying caterpillar

I had to feed it another pod and then supply a leaf as a place for it to build its cocoon.

Dude that is mad scientist stuff. I bet if you wanted to you could attach laser beams to sharks.

edit: I'm all in favour of it too, knowing your enemy and laser beam armed sharks!

Dude that is mad scientist stuff. I bet if you wanted to you could attach laser beams to sharks.

edit: I'm all in favour of it too, knowing your enemy and laser beam armed sharks!

I haven't as yet been able to find another photo of the moth online. I would like to put an actual name to it and find if there are any control measures.

Back