• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, it's been great! Even the grass is green now. :crazy:

I'll tell you who's really been lovin' the rain though....

IMG_1184.JPG

Butchie! :party:

(He's not making it easy to get through that bloody gate though! :lol:)
That is one healthy looking plant gas. Do you think its producing as much as it can? Can really only see the green leaves.

is this photo stretched?

Negatory.

That is one healthy looking plant gas. Do you think its producing as much as it can? Can really only see the green leaves.

It's not producing as well as it could but it's doing OK. This is what I've been able to keep so far (remember with fruit fly though, I've easily thrown twice as much--can only keep what I bag ;)):

IMG_1195.JPG

I've probably got about twice that in dried pods but the rest is in a bag I'm going to grind into a mixed powder (TS Butchies and Morugies, Bhuts, Choco Bhuts, Nagas and a few Doogies :drooling:).

There's a few podies from the second wave of production hiding under there but they're maggot food:

IMG_1188.JPG

Second wave was actually pretty pathetic due to the heat. A lot of flower drop. Didn't see many pods at all.

Coming into third wave now (hence all the bags around the top of the plant) which should be much better.

IMG_1190.JPG

And the little Butchie resident fruit fly destroyer:

IMG_1194.JPG

ATM he's hiding from the rain down around the bottom of the plant but he usually hangs out around the pods snagging fruit flies. He loooves 'em! :D (I've so gotta get a shot of him tearing into one!). Obviously he doesn't make a difference but still, he's a friend of mine! :party:

Did you dodge the rain to take those shots gas ....??? Looks like it is only going to get heavier during the day too .... nice pics bro!!

Did you dodge the rain to take those shots gas ....??? Looks like it is only going to get heavier during the day too .... nice pics bro!!

Rain has been coming in waves. Went out during one of the breaks. ;) Speaking of which, got some pod picking I gotta get on to while it's only spitting ATM.

Had to go out into the rain yesterday arvo to pick some wilds before they were knocked off:

IMG_1197.JPG

In the short time it took me to harvest that small lot, I came back in soaked to the bone. Of course, not five minutes later, there was a break. :lol: Ah, it was all in good fun though.

chilli's are worth a soaking gas!! Looks like this might be some good old fashioned downpours later today ... Gladstone is already having a major flood event plus its coupled with Majorly high tides ... maybe I will go and chuck the fishing line in the canal ??

Awesome Poppers Bro!! Yum they look freaking awesome ... would be great on a wet day like today!!

What type of Jalapeno's are those ones??

Biker Billys. No heat though :( I wonder if all the heat is concentrated in the placenta that you have to scrape out :/

Missus liked them so much (first time trying them) that she went to the garden and picked another 12 Jalapenos.

Biker Billys. No heat though :( I wonder if all the heat is concentrated in the placenta that you have to scrape out :/

Missus liked them so much (first time trying them) that she went to the garden and picked another 12 Jalapenos.

Yeah that was what gassy was saying as well. Weird as Biker Billy's seemed to be the Jalapeno of choice here not so long ago?? :confused:

I just took a look in our freezer to see if I had any Jalepeno HTM's or anything that I could use as poppers. I found a couple plus Prik Luang's and I thought I would give a choc hab a go as well as a Bonda Ma Jacques for some extra hot poppers. WIll give it a burl tonight hopefully!!

How far away are the HTM's from coming into production??

Nah, they're just mild (don't know what all the rave was about heat??). At least mine were too anyway. But yeah, fantastic flavour! Got some real stonkers off my plant too. :party:

IMG_0285.JPG

Where did you obtain yours? Mine were official Burpee seeds (still in their original pack) sent to me via a generous member on another forum so there is no question of legitimacy. If BB's did have good heat at one time, perhaps they really are a hybrid and not just labelled as one like some companies do to encourage growers to return for their "F1" seeds. :think:

I got my seeds from JR I think.

Here's the layout of the bed with the Jalapenos:

IMG_20130126_142237.jpg

And a pic of the entire bed

IMG_20130126_142311.jpg

Some HTM pods. They are quite dark compared to the Biker Billy's.

IMG_20130126_142341.jpg

And I think the tomato plant is about 10ft. It freaking blew over in the wind and snapped some branches of a chilli plant in the bed behind it. Went straight to Bunnings at 8 am and hammered a massive wooden stake to try and keep this thing upright, it weighs a freaking ton at the moment.

IMG_20130125_123937.jpg

Take 10C of those maxes and you have Melbourne's temps for the next week!

BTW, I read today that apparently we are returning to La Nina conditions again. Not sure what I like more, cool temps in summer + lots of rain or extremely high temps with no humidity. Can't we just have something in the bloody middle?

Yeah they are a darker colour normally ... but strangely enough this season I have had 2 plants and 1 produced extremely dark pods like yours and the other lighter pods like the biker billy's ... never had that before as all the other plants have had dark pods ... not sure why .,.. maybe just a slight genetic variation??

Moo I'm sue its the heat shagging my gear

Up down up down up up up down

Milk ur huge or live in a cottage :$

Bloody spell check cause more errors than it corrects

It woz a :)

And I mean that in a good way

The plants 8 foot just u

Lol moo at least u get ok I'm not going to win a politzer, give a guy a break and u can cum c my cottage any time lol :party:

Where the dictionary when I need it :)

I was saying milk dude is like bfg and his plants r huge or he's got a small house read between the lines I talk in code lol

All day in the paddle pool and a slab of piss surprised I can hit the buttons , and I'm stuck using my poxy phone which I can't c

Ndjsuxjzjjse eebsjxjsnejdckdjdjdje ending dkfjsjshxxhxhxxjshs enoridokdjne endndjenendnjjddjjdnenskskejdhsshs
Lol

And I mean the weather ( not a sheep ) is killing my pods

As we wind down the road la la la stair way to heaven

Mmm more filtered vb

Ok just peed on me foot :party:

Ok I'm not sure what you are trying to say.... except that you are Sue and there is hot gear shagging going on and you want to milk my huge something in a cottage for money ?!?! :shocked:

(I don't care if I cop a tongue lashing.......)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think Kev was trying to tell you he was the massuese by the name of Sue, who you paid for services, and who gave you all the trimmings in that cottage that time?? The up down up down up up up down "massage" technique should ring a bell?? Buddy, won't hold it against you.... maybe you were drunk..... maybe he was wearing a wig.........? :rofl:

So you QLD guys getting a bit o rain huh.

I feel sorry for you guys. I really really do.. :D

I will pass your sympathies on to everybody here in QLD who has been inundated by floods or smashed by winds and tornadoes....

(freakin' tornadoes.... WTF??)

Back