• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
A friend just sent me the picture below, does anyone know what would cause those leaves to go white? It hasn't been hot recently so it's not sunburn.

imagehqu.jpg

Well good 2 here evry 1 ok

Aye. Very good to hear.

A new member here, webfootedchicken, is up in Bundy. Last I heard from him on the 27th he was still OK.

the rain was nice , the wind can go jump though.. got a bit sick of that. Lost a few trees and chillis got hammered..

Not those trees? :shocked:

A friend just sent me the picture below, does anyone know what would cause those leaves to go white? It hasn't been hot recently so it's not sunburn.

imagehqu.jpg

Hot Fish. The variegation is normal. It's actually a genetic defect but looks cool I reckon.

I've got a really bad memory but didn't QLD flood last year or the year before? Or was that bushfires, or both? You guys don't want to be making a habit of this

2011 was the last flood along with cyclone yasi ... they said we should expect another storm similar to this one in 60-90 days going by current patterns ...how much you listen to those sorts of theories is a personal choice though ... I don't really plan much ahead of tomorrow personally ;)

Hot Fish. The variegation is normal. It's actually a genetic defect but looks cool I reckon.
Hmmmm, not looking like a Heated Fish to me...
Did the guy say it was a Hot Fish, as the 3 i have on the go are all REALLY variegated..like pretty much every leaf. The pic posted looks like a plant with green leaves that just so happens to have a couple of white ones.

Here's mine, and i know Grant JR's look pretty much the same as this..

431768_10151235691301815_336858836_n.jpg

My Chillis after the wind from hell.. stood up pretty well.

DSC_7214Medium_zps3041f226.jpg

DSC_7213Medium_zps8b6eae62.jpg

DSC_7217Medium_zpse125c58f.jpg

DSC_7216Medium_zps759cbafb.jpg

DSC_7220Medium_zpsfe6a2179.jpg

Anyonewant to buy a couple of 1954 Austin A50s?
Love photos h8 the damage as 4 the cars they r classic wud be worth a heap if not to rusty, failing that chop the top dump it and make the rolling plant pots :)

ps...my plants are still doing ok! Will post a few pics in the next day or 2. I had a few plants losing flowers and that, but i'm now into another wave of flowers and thankfully this lot seem to be pollinating and giving me some decent sized pods :)

Oh, and a quick general question....

I have one or two plants that have lost a lot of leaves towards the top of the plant, so that the last 10cm's or so are basically just twigs...are these likely to grow back or do something, as they seem to have remained like that for a while now and i wasn't sure if i need to prune it or something to "get it going" again? I realise pics may help here, but just thought i'd see if you guys had any clue in the meantime.

imagehqu.jpg
What is it supposed to be? I have gotten variegated leaves on my Jalapenos, only on a few leaves then it went away. The genetic flaw that makes it happen can obviously occur in other plants.

I'm ready for some pain
8463C5D2-EEC6-4EF6-968D-C8A860E0DDCA-1010-0000007A9D232DF6.jpg

You downing a dougie? :O go hard!!!

ps...my plants are still doing ok! Will post a few pics in the next day or 2. I had a few plants losing flowers and that, but i'm now into another wave of flowers and thankfully this lot seem to be pollinating and giving me some decent sized pods :)

Oh, and a quick general question....

I have one or two plants that have lost a lot of leaves towards the top of the plant, so that the last 10cm's or so are basically just twigs...are these likely to grow back or do something, as they seem to have remained like that for a while now and i wasn't sure if i need to prune it or something to "get it going" again? I realise pics may help here, but just thought i'd see if you guys had any clue in the meantime.

Are the ends of the sticks withered and brown? Are there any new baby leaves anywhere on the plant? Don't want to say it but it could be mites :( Need pics nee

Reactions: nee
Are the ends of the sticks withered and brown? Are there any new baby leaves anywhere on the plant? Don't want to say it but it could be mites :( Need pics nee

Ah ok....only seems to have affected one or two random plants though. I will have a good look tomorrow and post a few new pics at the same time. thanks ;)

Ah ok....only seems to have affected one or two random plants though. I will have a good look tomorrow and post a few new pics at the same time. thanks ;)
Could be fungus or even rats. I had all the leaves eaten of some of my seedlings by rats and they are starting to grow back now.
I seem to get a constant stream of older lower leaves dropping on my plants, but at the moment new ones are growing much faster than the old ones are dropping so its not a problem. When they are overwatered the lower leaves will start to drop, working upwards until its just a stick. But from the top down is bugs or fungus. I believe anyway, someone may know better. Yeah pics will help massively.

OK, I told him that and to just keep an eye out to see if it changes.

Hmmmm, not looking like a Heated Fish to me...
Did the guy say it was a Hot Fish, as the 3 i have on the go are all REALLY variegated..like pretty much every leaf. The pic posted looks like a plant with green leaves that just so happens to have a couple of white ones.

Here's mine, and i know Grant JR's look pretty much the same as this..

[PIC]
Yeah, it's been a fully green plant then suddenly just a few leaves have started turning white, as you can see in the picture.

What is it supposed to be? I have gotten variegated leaves on my Jalapenos, only on a few leaves then it went away. The genetic flaw that makes it happen can obviously occur in other plants.
It was from a "mixed superhot" pack from JungleRain.

Back