• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Micca302 said:
Hey Mate there are a lot of Reapers getting around that aren't the real deal. Here is a picky of some of mine that are the REAL deal. I have only half the amount as I do with my 7-Pods as they will tear you a new one! Kept seeds if anyone interested :P

Sweet looking Reapers, Micca, they look fantastic!

Mine turned out legit aswell, got them from Jen & Mike @ Buckeye:
WIGiFb6.jpg

Micca302 said:
The boat has been out once so far. 20nm off the coast, my mate lost a big fish and I got a harlequin fish. So she is christened :-)

Awesome ;) So all the long hours has finally come to fruition, nicely done ,m8!

gasificada said:
Not that I know much about auto-watering systems but setting up individual drippers does sound like it might be a bit on the fiddly (and thus time consuming) side.

Yup, we have 3 different type of auto-watering systems (simple timer system, balance arm systems and moisture sensor controllers) at work in the hothouses and shadehouses but seriously how long would it take to manually water your plants at home?? Surely not long!
Not worth the hassle, imo.

Dunno about you guys, but walking around at home watering the plants = my chillout time, I look forward to it.

gasificada said:
So tiresome. Trouble is, I have a heaps bad habit of biting off way more than I can chew. If I had the self-restraint to grow just a handful of plants, I'd be able to take heaps better care of them and shit wouldn't be such a problem. So easy to get carried away. But then the other trouble is too, been so busy lately that a small handful would probably only equal 2, maybe 3 plants. Yeah... that ain't gonna happen haha.

Nice one! So she goes alright and the hard work payed off?

Not that I know much about auto-watering systems but setting up individual drippers does sound like it might be a bit on the fiddly (and thus time consuming) side.

I know what you mean Mate, I see something interesting and want to grow it too :P  . I have shown some restraint over the last couple of years and cut back to growing 70 -80 odd varieties. Before that I was trying to grow around 150 varieties and was doing me in!

The boat goes ballistic, put the throttle on and just hang on...................We were out 20nautical mile and took about 30min tops to come in and was doing about 40 knots.

The auto watering I was talking about will be a pain to setup but pretty easy when it is done. I started laying out line last season but didn't get there. I wanted to use individual drippers because every plant can have different watering requirements. EG- a large fruiting plant vs a small non fruiting plant, small pot vs large pot, medium etc. I usually use a watering can and a moisture probe to see how wet every pot is and how much to water every one.

nuclearDays said:

Sweet looking Reapers, Micca, they look fantastic!

Mine turned out legit aswell, got them from Jen & Mike @ Buckeye:
WIGiFb6.jpg

Awesome ;) So all the long hours has finally come to fruition, nicely done ,m8!

Yup, we have 3 different type of auto-watering systems (simple timer system, balance arm systems and moisture sensor controllers) at work in the hothouses and shadehouses but seriously how long would it take to manually water your plants at home?? Surely not long!
Not worth the hassle, imo.

Dunno about you guys, but walking around at home watering the plants = my chillout time, I look forward to it.

Damn nice Reapers there Nuke, I'm sure you will know how brutal they can be.

Thanks Mate with the Boat. It is definitely pleasing in the end when you can go out and use it and catch a few. Also got it at a good price so what I do adds resale value to it.

Nah I need some auto watering. I used to spend nearly an hour hand watering 200 odd pots every morning in summer. I worked close by and left at 7.15am, now with my new job I leave by 5.20 am so can't do that any more. Hard enough getting up and getting ready this early as it is at the moment :surprised:

Micca

Went for a little hike yesterday, thought I'd share a few piccies. Mt Mitchell. About 100km or something west of here. And by little hike, I mean little hike. The trek is only 10km up and back down. Still heaps awesome, though. Fantastic view from the summit. Half day adventure or take it all in and spend the day.

nH7kbj5.jpg

VQabuRx.jpg

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll...

b4Sgmyr.jpg

6Pm4egI.jpg

8sq7nFZ.jpg

3hvaRP5.jpg

Below is Mr Cordeaux from Mt Mitchell (when you see it you'll shit bricks :shocked:)...

09cLv1X.jpg

Mt Mitchell from the road (old pic)...

rv1JT3T.jpg

Well guys its been a tad quite on this thread...What are people in Oz doing for this upcoming fire season...

czOgT9C.jpg

I built a corflute lightbox and its now filled with 100mm pots for me to plant out ....

Cheers
Luke

eLuke455 said:
Well guys its been a tad quite on this thread...What are people in Oz doing for this upcoming fire season...

Yo, another Melbournite!  Just started my glog in another thread.  Hoping it warms up here soon.

smokenmirraz said:

Yo, another Melbournite!  Just started my glog in another thread.  Hoping it warms up here soon.

Great idea on the glog...I betta pull my finger out and start one myself. Just planted Trinadad Scropian, Carolina Reaper, Chocolate Hab, Pineapple and Rocoto in 16l grow bags...Have not used them before but thought it will be a great way to grow more stuff without more permenant garden beds...

Luke

Back