• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Winters winding up Summer soon thank god

some pics of my personal supply.

flowering pubescens
DSCF1622.jpg

baby naga
DSCF1619.jpg

setting flowers and stating to fruit (naga)
DSCF1618.jpg

its still pretty cold at night here but the flowers have been setting nicely so things are looking good for the season

Mick

nice shots Stillz...I am ready for a cool down here in north Texas...was 40C sat and 41C sunday....

AlabamaJack said:
nice shots Stillz...I am ready for a cool down here in north Texas...was 40C sat and 41C sunday....

41 c. is absurd. I would lodge a formal complaint with the management!

My son is in Ramadi, Iraq (US Marine) and it was 120 F. one day last week. that just shy of 49 C., and they have to wear full gear and body armor when they go outside there. No shorts and tee shirts

He is tougher than me. I cant take that kinda heat.

AlabamaJack said:

Same here. Sick and tired of the humidity already!

Skyjerk said:
41 c. is absurd. I would lodge a formal complaint with the management!

My son is in Ramadi, Iraq (US Marine) and it was 120 F. one day last week. that just shy of 49 C., and they have to wear full gear and body armor when they go outside there. No shorts and tee shirts

He is tougher than me. I cant take that kinda heat.

Oh, God i remember days like that. Thank God i'm out of the service. All i ever wanted were alpine stations and other cold weather assignments and all i ever got were f**kin deserts and mean ass jungles. Can you say heat stroke? I had it 6 times in my 4 years. It sucked major ass.

Hopefully our winter will be winding up soon too, not that it's actually meant to be winter over here. You've got sun in those pictures Mick and setting flowers and fruit at the end of winter, how lucky?

Except that that would make it like February over there. I was still two months from planting then. If that makes any sense?

lol good one sickmont.
We got it pretty good here as far as weather.
July is cold but not really below 4 deg here and up to 20 maximums sometiumes warmer... August is always windy and so can be cold and dry. But its very nice at the moment.
I'm gonna starting some seeds this week.
I hate the cold.

Good pics Stillmanz.

I'm all excited about summer myself. I still have Habs that are flowering and the fruit is ripening and they have been outside all winter without being cut back.

Those plants look great for this time of year. I have seeds in a heat box at the moment and some are just starting to sprout.

I have a thread in growing/gardening with pics.

the plants are looking good, hope they do great this growing season for ya. you aussie have it good - perfect weather for chiles - your winters things are still green & growing, unlike here :(:lol:

now I gotta say something else, I'd have to say its "winding down" not "winding up" winding up means its just starting. just like winding up a toy to get ready & go in full swing. or like a storm is brewing up to hit. :P

lol
To me widing up is to finish might be an Australian thing might just be me, I dunno?
like a fishing line to wind it up is to bring it in...i dunno lol

Wow Stillmanz, you are making me so jealous. Are you sure the Naga is an over-wintered plant, doesn't look anything like my staggly sticks that are left:P.
Have a great season and bring on the piccies!

Ha, this is my week...

heat-week.png

I had to take the Jalapeno out of the window as it was wilting badly....and it's indoors.

Keep in mind I'm about 90 mi from Canada in the Pacific NW.
Ughhhh. Frickin' Hot.

Damn global warming is kicking our butts up here.
Never used to have weeks of this 95F+ temps 20 yrs ago.

-QS

Back