• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Woo ha!

Finally heard about the job interview I had before Xmas: They want to make me an offer! Yay!

I was seriously beginning to doubt my chances. Knew that they'd narrowed it down to 2 people from 4, and I was one of them. Then it took them 2 weeks to schedule a meeting to decide which of the two (fortunately, no Highlander style contest to decide which was The One).

And then this morning I got a call!

Same as I'm doing now, really, but for a firm with more clients (i.e. more than 1).

So what does that involve? Right... well... you've heard the phrase "ambulance chaser"?

I'm kind of the opposite. Kind of a solicitor who drives the ambulance away from the chasers very, very fast (but carefully!), if you will, and hides it in a field so they can't find it.

Thanks all.

They've asked me in for a "chat" on Monday. Bit strange as they've already said they're interested, but we shall see.

Shooty* said:
I'm kind of the opposite. Kind of a solicitor who drives the ambulance away from the chasers very, very fast (but carefully!), if you will, and hides it in a field so they can't find it.
Now wonder the ambulance naver came when I called it the other day....

Shooty* said:
They've asked me in for a "chat" on Monday. Bit strange as they've already said they're interested, but we shall see.
They want to know where their ambulance is....

Have now handed in my notice. Was quite a stressful thing to work myself up to as I've been at my firm for 8 years full time (the only place I've worked as a lawyer, lots of other places as a temp secretary), and have done summer work there since I was 17 (so 13 years knowing them in total).

Was expecting nastiness, to be honest. What I got was a nice chat over my reasons for leaving for an hour with the top two blokes, and "we'll be sorry to lose you, but it's your call."

NOT what I expected at all. So I'm now working my 3 months notice. Not told my secretary yet. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Back