• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Wood glue and purebred seeds

let me get this straight...

you can take a bud that's about to open, dip it in Elmer's, and it can turn into a pod?! Holy crap!

Who thinks up this stuff??

fineexampl said:

you can take a bud that's about to open, dip it in Elmer's, and it can turn into a pod?! Holy crap!

That's what it's about.

Armadillo said:
There are various grades of cheese cloth. How fine should the weave be? Doesn't it disturb the plant from growing? Mechanically and by taking away the light?

You put in the ground tree bamboo sticks around wider not close to the plant & cheese cloth with not very fine holes but not to big then you wrap around cheese cloth & tide at bottom all the way to the ground make sure that planty room for plant branches to grow than you all set.That all depend of size the plant if the plant is smaller it take less material.It do not take the light out light penetrade true so the water. lol:

Use tulle, or if using cheesecloth I'd imagine you'd need the finest weave to prevent insects from entering. You can cover individual flowers or a whole plant

fineexampl said:

Once hand pollinated then use elmers to glue flower bud = yes

Here's a cross-forum quote from Luca
http://javu.kapsi.fi/inferno/viewtopic.php?t=3043&highlight=glue
luca said:
It does work! :-) I tried this technique last year and it worked perfectly. The flowers pollinated themselves and produced nice fruits full of "pure" seeds (depending of course, on the purity of the seeds which generated the plant itself).

The only thing you need to be careful about is not to glue the flower to the calyx, otherwise the petals won't be able to fall off and that might cause the fruit to fall at an early stage.

915river said:
You put in the ground tree bamboo sticks around wider not close to the plant & cheese cloth with not very fine holes but not to big then you wrap around cheese cloth & tide at bottom all the way to the ground make sure that planty room for plant branches to grow than you all set.That all depend of size the plant if the plant is smaller it take less material.It do not take the light out light penetrade true so the water. lol:

...sounds like some kind of a mosquito-net... good idea

POTAWIE said:
I've only heard of it done on closed flowers that are about to open, and the flowers pollinate themselves

Your right Potawie I crossed myself -- Its actually in the pic's I had posted :banghead:

I've been using the glue method... I must say that I have about 50% of success... Sometimes the rain washes out the glue and I find the flowers open, other times the buds just get yellow and fall... But at least I can watch the progress of the buds... when one falls, I glue another one :D.

im definately going to try the glue method; id love to be able to distribute some "pure" bhut seeds out to the masses, since i got mine from the NMSU, and they are jsut now starting to blossom; hope they can handle this method..

Hi Sid
Here you can view some of mine, isolated with glue :

d2addbbe.jpg

1694c139.jpg

imaguitargod said:
Just rub some of the pollen on the q-tip, find a flower that's about to open, remove a few leaves on the flower, remove the pollen sacs to get to the stigma, and rub the pollen on it.

Mark it with a twist tie or tie a string around it (lightly!)

Sound like plant rape to me. Evil. EEEVVILL!

whocares: thanks for the photos; i hope this works for me, if i get a decent success rate ill just do all my flowers and call it a day

Back