• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

World Yawn-er, Cup

EliteMcScruffin said:
Unofficial rules question: What happens when Messi scores the opener and Argentina advance tomorrow? If I am disqualified for winning some of that liquid love already, I'd like to give someone else the chance to take that choice.
For that part of your quote alone I hope you win both.
Nice score on the first!

JuanHubero said:
That beatdown was historic.

yes.

I still can't believe it. And it can't all be attributed to not having Neymar and Silva if you ask me. I just started getting into soccer during this World Cup but even I could tell that was some garbage defending.

If you haven't seen all the pictures of the poor fans then you should. It's amusing

JuanHubero said:
I've never seen Brazil thoroughly dominated like that in my lifetime, and I doubt I will ever see it happen like that again.  That beatdown was historic.

Pepperjack91 said:

yes.

I still can't believe it. And it can't all be attributed to not having Neymar and Silva if you ask me. I just started getting into soccer during this World Cup but even I could tell that was some garbage defending.

If you haven't seen all the pictures of the poor fans then you should. It's amusing
It was still a game after the first two goals, but once it got to third the Brazilians just deflated. The third goal itself was the turning point, imo...Brazilian defender just didn't think the Germans would be pressing so hard after a 2-0 lead and as he coughed up the ball in his own end the REST of the defence could barely believe it, nevermind figure out what to do.

Lack of leadership on the field really killed the team.  If there were timeouts available in Soccer, they should've called one after 2-0.

mx5inpa said:

Ya I think excitement in soccer is only a once a decade thing.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it not exciting.  This World Cup has been amazingly exciting.  Club ball is almost as good too.

millworkman said:

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it not exciting.  This World Cup has been amazingly exciting.  Club ball is almost as good too.
I don't mind Champions League or even FA Cup action, etc...but day-in day out EPL or Seria A/La Liga etc can get a bit monotonous if you don't have a dog in the fight.

International soccer however, is fantastic.  What other sport can you watch that features teams like Algeria and Russia that keeps you riveted?

If Argentina plays today like they did in the quarterfinals, I expect them to win.  Their defense was solid.  But I'm still pushing for Germany/Netherlands in the finals.

While the thought of an all European final in the Maracanã makes me giddy, I can't bring myself to support the Dutch.  I truly think if Aguero starts in place of Di Maria that he will pick up a goal or two on the way to an Argentina win.  On that note, has anybody called him?  I'm still with Messi who I doubt will actually score but I think Aguero might just win somebody some sauce.

Just please god no RvP or Robben goals. :pray: My bubble shrinks each time they score.  And **** van Gaal.

No matter what, this whole situation rocks because we'll either end up at the Maracanã with an all European final or a final with Argentina and the team that absolutely humiliated the Brazilian nation.  The latter is pretty hilarious considering the history with Argentina and Brazil.

Moving on, this was the most WTF tweet I have come across in relation to the game yesterday.  It makes me laugh but also is so, so wrong:

rihannatweet.jpg

millworkman said:

It's quite the leap to think someone doesnt understand something because they find it boring.

Watching everyone behave like theyre at the Jr High Homecoming game just like theyve been trained is a lot less boring than turning on a tv and watching other people play a game.

NO MY TEAM IS BETTER!

and when they dont have a team

NO MY SPORT IS BETTER! UR TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Eventually the whole team thing turns into countries and homecoming becomes homeland.

Now, how do you kick a ball into a net again...I dont understand anything.
:high:

EliteMcScruffin said:
While the thought of an all European final in the Maracanã makes me giddy, I can't bring myself to support the Dutch.  I truly think if Aguero starts in place of Di Maria that he will pick up a goal or two on the way to an Argentina win.  On that note, has anybody called him?  I'm still with Messi who I doubt will actually score but I think Aguero might just win somebody some sauce.

Just please god no RvP or Robben goals. :pray: My bubble shrinks each time they score.  And **** van Gaal.

No matter what, this whole situation rocks because we'll either end up at the Maracanã with an all European final or a final with Argentina and the team that absolutely humiliated the Brazilian nation.  The latter is pretty hilarious considering the history with Argentina and Brazil.

Moving on, this was the most WTF tweet I have come across in relation to the game yesterday.  It makes me laugh but also is so, so wrong:
I don't think RVP is playing today, is he?

samcanadian said:
I don't think RVP is playing today, is he?

I remember hearing he missed practice with a stomach sickness but failed to check on that in the last 2 days.  If he's out, then yay.

Actually, just checked and he's still listed as a doubt.  If he's anywhere near fit I'm sure they'll play him.

EDIT:  Aaaaand teams announced and he's playing.

This entire game has been a bit meh.  This is more like how I expected the Germany/Brazil game to go until they scored that first goal.  

Back