• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

World Yawn-er, Cup

Ah a few keen observations from a few people one here. However, Germany will win. They have been playing together as a team as good if not better than any other team so far. Watching the Brazil slaughter you could constantly see when Germany was on the offensive they had 7 or 8 guys in or near the 18 pressing in. The same defensively, when they played to defend the goal they had 8ish playing back close to the goal disrupting play. They have a very solid team, not a crazy good star or two who run the show. They have put up more goals in one match then most teams have throughout the entire group series. I'm not saying Argentina will just sit back and take a beating but they will not do amazing. It would be hilarious to see Argentina get stomped like Brazil and then have the Germans go crazy.

Pick:

Germany with first goal: Miroslav Klose

ALL ABOARD THE GERMAN MACHINE!!!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Has anyone tried flopping like the video I posted? Someone has to try this at work today and let us know how it turns out.

A while back watching a game between Arsenal and Bayern Munich I got pissed off at Robben and brushed against my buddy and did a dive like that video.  It may or may not have been a dive though... we had 10 beers each and around 8 shots in the hours leading up to it.  Redneck tolerance FTW!

(it was a dive)

Holy crap that has to be the worst flop I've ever seen. Carl Malone just applauded somewhere. Wow - hysterical!!!

There should be a "most awesomely horrible flops of all time" videos topic.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Holy crap that has to be the worst flop I've ever seen. Carl Malone just applauded somewhere. Wow - hysterical!!!
There should be a "most awesomely horrible flops of all time" videos topic.

The dive that you just saw in that video resulted in a red card - for the guy who didn't cause the foul.

That's far from the worst. This kid Neymar that you just saw in the world cup is only 22, but by far, the biggest dive master the world has ever known. His theatrics are over the top. It's why, despite his skill level, he's hated by so many people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCM4b61nZpM

Germany won well. Argentina achievement dominate much of the game. Played mostly even, and the result was to anyone. 
Argentina had 6 of chances and a penalty not paid. Germany had 4 goal situations, and be lucky to score.

AdventurousBriskImago.gif

Such a beautiful goal to decide the game.

Cahill's goal in the group stage was one of the best in the entire World Cup, hands down, and it came out of nowhere too.  I think he even said that it was the best goal he has ever scored in his entire career.

The primary reason last night's goal was better though, at least in my eyes, was because it happened in the World Cup final.  Not only that, it also happened late in extra time in a scoreless and defensive-focused game, it was scored by a substitute player (first time in a WC final), and it was the goal that allowed a Euro team to win in the Americas (first time in history).  The cross from Schurrle that set up Goetze's two touch goal was damn near perfect too.

Good match overall and about what I had expected for the final score.  What I didn't expect was for Argentina to attack like they did, so good on them for coming out and taking the game to Germany early on.  That made it into a much better match than watching the proverbial bus parked.

The only blemish for me was that Gotze scored the winner.  I wish it could have been Klose for his final international game or Muller for the golden boot, but ultimately Germany got the win and that's what's really important.

Back