• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Worst Heat Experience

hope your hands are feeling a little better RB...I must be blessed with tough skin...hands don't bother me but anything I touch burns...expecially when I wipe sweat with my fingertips and not the back of my hand...I am learning tho...already had Naga eye and dang sure don't want it again...couldn't see for two hours out of my left eye it was watering so badly..

Thanks AJ, I'm usually not too bad. I[ve got an unopened ice cold can of beer beside me now, well it's not staying cold for too long. It's only 5pm but it really wants to be opened, it's feels weird holding a can of beer without drinking out of it. Hey I'm looking on the bright side, I have hot hands ;)

rainbowberry said:
Hey I'm looking on the bright side, I have hot hands ;)

Ya, along the rest of you.

Oh, some jackass here at work though it was funny to put some Jersey Death on an oreo here and handed it to me.....and since i wasn't expecting it i got my damn head blown off completely.

Thats ok though, that f**ker's going to get a bunch of it under his toolbox and car door handles. Yeah, go ahead and wipe it off, pal.:hell:

Sickmont said:
Ya, along the rest of you.

Oh, some jackass here at work though it was funny to put some Jersey Death on an oreo here and handed it to me.....and since i wasn't expecting it i got my damn head blown off completely.

Thats ok though, that f**ker's going to get a bunch of it under his toolbox and car door handles. Yeah, go ahead and wipe it off, pal.:hell:

:lol: I'm laughing at yout pay back bit.

I'm sitting typing with one hand whilst the other is sitting in a mug of semi-skimmed milk. This burning's weird, it starts to fade then comes back worse than ever. It's gone 5 hours now since I chopped them and it's at its worst. When I press my finger on something it feels numb but still in pain.

Cheers IGG, the beer's open and now it's semi-skimmed milk with ice cubes and I've put a pair of gloves in the freezer for later. I don't think dunking hands in cold liquids helps though as it burns twice as bad when you take your hands out, I don't know if it's just shocking the nerve endings more or what. God you can tell the beer's been started :rolleyes:

rainbowberry said:
Cheers IGG, the beer's open and now it's semi-skimmed milk with ice cubes and I've put a pair of gloves in the freezer for later. I don't think dunking hands in cold liquids helps though as it burns twice as bad when you take your hands out, I don't know if it's just shocking the nerve endings more or what. God you can tell the beer's been started :rolleyes:

Sounds just like Mark's experience last year.

I can still use my hands at times though and I think Mark got to the point where even dialling a number was hard. I've been trying to do this post for 15 minutes but can't get my fingers to concentrate, I just keep walking around and waving them in the air, at the moment as long as I'm shaking my hands vigorously (somehow this helps) or they're in very cold water they're not as bad, but even in the water it only takes a minute for them to start really hurting again. I WILL NEVER EVER do this again.

rainbowberry said:
I can still use my hands at times though and I think Mark got to the point where even dialling a number was hard. I've been trying to do this post for 15 minutes but can't get my fingers to concentrate, I just keep walking around and waving them in the air, at the moment as long as I'm shaking my hands vigorously (somehow this helps) or they're in very cold water they're not as bad, but even in the water it only takes a minute for them to start really hurting again. I WILL NEVER EVER do this again.

That'll teach ya to not use gloves.

I did in a way, I put them in the freezer to put on my burning hands. Do you use gloves? I just find they get in the way and I can't get the seeds out properly.

rainbowberry said:
I did in a way, I put them in the freezer to put on my burning hands. Do you use gloves? I just find they get in the way and I can't get the seeds out properly.

I don't usually, but then again my hands have been exposed to much, much harsher things than capsaicin. I've got severe callouses because of that.

imaguitargod said:
What a funny visual!

You should have seen me late last night then, nothing helped. I was pacing the garden up and down trying to get cool air on them and pressing my hands together, waving them around and clapping them, I swear at one point I even did a fast version of the Fandango.

ImpyChick said:
Hope you're doing alright, RB. This has happened to me before but not to the extreme that you're experiencing!

They're Ok this morning thank you ImpyChick apart from putting my hands in hot water. They weren't too good overnight, I couldn't go on the net on my phone. You know when you turn the pillow over to put your head on the cold side (everyone does this don't they? I'm not some kind of freak :eh: ) well I was finding the cold side for my hands. Putting them in cold liquid of any sort towards the end of the night was just making the problem worse. I'm buying gloves today.

First scrub the affected areas with bleach, then wash them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. While rinsing with the rubbing alcohol, take a fine grit (#220) sandpaper and 'sand' the affected area. That should do the trick. It may sound weird, but trust me, I've had more than one relatively major accident.

I was going to try that alcohol gel yesterday, you know the stuff they use in hospitals? Funny you said about bleach, someone else who knows nothing about chillis told me to try it but I didn't think it would help.

rainbowberry said:
I was going to try that alcohol gel yesterday, you know the stuff they use in hospitals? Funny you said about bleach, someone else who knows nothing about chillis told me to try it but I didn't think it would help.

It'll help, but be careful you dont burn yourself worse with it. Pretty much do exactly what the Creator says.

>>>>>>>>>>sending RB some strong gloves to protect her hands from the next round of peppers. Ouch, I can just imagine your pain. Geeze and we don't seem to learn lol. Think we're addicted?

Just had the other eye done yesterday, NOT going to touch peppers without gloves..can't see peppers and eye drops mixing. Just not going there.

Jackie

Back