• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Yelanfam Farms 2019 GLOG

This year I decided I wanted to bulk up my garden and turn it into a hopefully marketable garden. I've bought a rack and lights, seed trays, seed cells, dirt, seeds, weed barrier, shade cloth, and probably more stuff I'm forgetting.
 
I've probably been given or traded for around half of my pepper seeds. One great person on reddit sent me a huge pack or seeds and I am forever thankful for. A few others on reddit sent me a couple as well. I offered them hot sauce that I made and is finally ready to ship this week. I got here on THP a little late this year, but all ready I have made a few trades with some great people.
 
I have bought from White Hot Peppers, Lawrence Family Farms, Burpee, Baker Creek, Sow True Seeds, MIGardener I'm sure I'm forgetting some other places.
 
My plan is to do rows of 25 feet, and have 4, 25 x 25 foot blocks. Most of that peppers, the rest tomatoes cucumbers and beans. I'll also have a bigger section for corn and melons including the Bradford Family Watermelon that I'm super excited about.
 
I started propagating on January 21, 2019.
My first seedlings appeared on  January 26, 2019.
I up potted the first batch on February 6, 2019.
 
But on to the peppers, this is my current list of what I have.
aXGvlCu.jpg

Here is a pic of how I start them. I do multiple seeds in an 18 cell tray. It makes it easier to manage at first until I can get out into the greenhouse that I still have to build.
Z5kIZ3Q.jpg

 
 
You can see how I use wooden popsicle sticks to hold my labels. I've since changed to includ how many seeds are in the cell as well as tray number on the label.
LpHQWXi.jpg

 
The Cherry Bombs were the first to pop up.
x2u4k9s.jpg

 
Brazilian Starfish coming on strong.
aevCeIM.jpg

 
LpgFeiX.jpg

SPbc36e.jpg

 
The Yellow Moruga Scorpion has a Tri Cotyledon, I actlly had about 4 of this from this pack of seeds.
InmDKkp.jpg

bHMmlBi.jpg

 
So far I have about a third of them up potted to 36 cell trays.
7SX9ZD2.jpg

 
Still got a long way to go. I'll be propagating my tomatoes tomorrow. Hoping for a great summer garden this year!
 
***Bonus here is some pics of the early seed test I did. These were propagated on December 27, 2018.
 
dBvC4da.jpg

 
bASXt1Y.jpg
 
Hawkins said:
I know a few people are keeping up with this,so I was thinking in the next week or so I should be picking a ton of different peppers, would anyone have any interest in some Crushed Pepper Flakes, Sweet Chili Powder, and Smoked Cayenne Powder? I could put it in 1oz spice jars. Would be around $10 shipped for the first and then $7ish for the others after. I would need at least 4 people to commit to cover the jars, labels, and envelopes.
I’m in for pepper flakes and smoked cayenne powder


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey Hawk! Your glog is always so fun to catch up on, just loooooaded down with pictures!! Everything looks outstanding man. Those watermelons look incredible and the all the pod shots...  :shocked:  Killin it!! Those Reapers, the BBM, the Bhutlah and Jigsaw all look so mean! Nice work man. Maybe I missed it, are you selling at or to markets yet? Your gonna have more produce than you know what to do in August and September if you don't already have that problem lol. Lookin good man, lookin good!
 
BigCedar said:
Hey Hawk! Your glog is always so fun to catch up on, just loooooaded down with pictures!! Everything looks outstanding man. Those watermelons look incredible and the all the pod shots...  :shocked:  Killin it!! Those Reapers, the BBM, the Bhutlah and Jigsaw all look so mean! Nice work man. Maybe I missed it, are you selling at or to markets yet? Your gonna have more produce than you know what to do in August and September if you don't already have that problem lol. Lookin good man, lookin good!
 

I'm going to my first farmers market tomorrow, I'm hoping to get rid of some melons, peppers, and my 1 gallon plants I've been saving for the market. I also plan to ship pods and also sell some seeds.
 
Picked a few watermelons yesterday.
crPdwHy.jpg

GZLZr5S.jpg
Got a grand total of one pint of cherry tomatoes today, but at least they look good.
LppBgZp.jpg

Yall probably want to see the peppers right?
jZNN9RA.jpg
Not many super hots yet, but here is a nice shot of some.
86Oc2ri.jpg

Going to the market for my first time tomorrow, so hope I sell out.
 
 
Trident chilli said:
Hawkins thanks for your reply about the KS Lemon Starrburst. I was lucky to get seed last season as its rare outside of the States. Hopefully my plant will produce pods similar to yours. At the end of the season let me know if you want any particular bonnet seed
 
Not all of mine are the good ones, but I'm getting a lot of the correct pheno now. I may be interested in trading, or if you wanted to cover shipping, I'm not sure what it would cost to get them there, KSLS seeds are for trade or free though.
 
Hawkins said:
 
Not all of mine are the good ones, but I'm getting a lot of the correct pheno now. I may be interested in trading, or if you wanted to cover shipping, I'm not sure what it would cost to get them there, KSLS seeds are for trade or free though.
Seed from the States to the UK is normally covered by your Global stamp. I send seed to Justin White - White Hot Peppers and Sandra Tipton I was just wondering if you grew bonnets and was there a particular variety you were after. I am only a hobbyist but this season I am growing out for Bobby (Jahworksfarm) which you will have seen him on Instagram a White Bonnet. Fingers crossed
 
Trident chilli said:
Seed from the States to the UK is normally covered by your Global stamp. I send seed to Justin White - White Hot Peppers and Sandra Tipton I was just wondering if you grew bonnets and was there a particular variety you were after. I am only a hobbyist but this season I am growing out for Bobby (Jahworksfarm) which you will have seen him on Instagram a White Bonnet. Fingers crossed
 

I've never heard of a global stamp until I just looked it up, it's only $1.15 so not that bad at all.
 
saiias said:
Hope all is going good Hawkins.. 
 
Yeah man, the winds been rough with the storms we had, and bugs, but I'm getting ready to do a big harvest this weekend to hopefully stock up seeds, make sauces, and maybe even ship a few boxes out. I'm happy with everything except for my tomato production this year, I'll have to go back to the drawing board for the best way to do those next year. I'll also focus on maybe have the varieties of peppers I did this year as far as big plant out goes, I'll still grow one or two of many different ones.
 
How's the Shishito?
 
 
It's always bitter sweet watching your little seedlings go and grow with someone else.  This guy bought hundreds of dollars of plants from me earlier in the year, really made starting all those extras worth it. Not all of those are plants he got from me, but a good portion is.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxEd2tz6ZHM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0Y5l1jld5YXy-CskrD7BpWzatNF_E9sqlFaia1lA62610lZqT-47n3lCE
 

PaulG

Extreme Member
Good to see you pulling such awesome poddiness, Hawk!
Nice looking pods, every one!
 
Your Mystery Cross looks like it could be a winner!
 
Top