• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Yelanfam Farms 2020 GLOG

I mean, where TF should really even start...

This time last year I all ready had seedlings and the start of a new jungle.

This year I haven't planted a single seed yet(I learned my lesson last year about planting too early).

But this weekend all the chinense will hit the dirt.

The plan is to up the online sells, and focus on the local sweet peppers. Shooting for around 800-1,000 plants.

I will put more focus on cherry tomatoes this year, and get everything in the ground a lot earlier than last year.

I've acquired some new varieties but I'm graving some of the old favorites. I've been missing my Shishtios and Jimmy Nardellos for months.

I also have to decided what my 2020 sauce will be. Last years was a mix of tabasco, pequin, chile de arbol, and cayenne. This is still fermenting and will be ready to give to everyone that helps me plant this year. I call it the friends and family reserve.

I will continue the Gator Jigsaw strain I got from last year, and expand my Khang Starr Lemon Starrburst crop. I only had 2 plants of those last year from 4 seeds, this year I'll plant around 6 plants. I will seek out other varieties and expand upon those.

Got it tilled to buttery smooth, waiting for the rain to go away and I'll till and plant as I go.
WF8tigK.jpg

Hawkins said:
I guess my great grandpaw knew what he was doing when he picked it out in the late 60's early 70's. The house was built in 72, I just don't know when he actually bought the land.

it sure looks like he had a great eye for picking land.

Hawkins said:
Update still not able to plant, the rain has been relentless. But next Thursday and Friday will be go time, should have plenty of people to help and get everything in the ground before the next round of rain comes again.
Sounds like a party!

Good luck getting those out between
the rounds of showers.

Back