cutlery Your favorite kitchen knifes...

alkhall said:
Just bought the old lady a Wusthof Classic set for her birthday.
Nice set, alkhall! :cheers:

Funny you mention this... I just got my wife a set for her birthday last weekend :lol:
Havent tried them out yet, but looking forward to it

96D94A75-53CB-4F41-9086-27DB99384146.jpeg

81435EE8-E5C8-452B-8E95-C997CB47EB6B.jpeg

Set includes: 3" Paring Knife; 5" Serrated Utility Knife; 6" Utility Knife; 7" Santoku Knife; 8" Bread Knife; 8" Chef's Knife; 4.5" Steak Knives (6); Kitchen Shears; Self-Sharpening Knife Block
Stylish brushed stainless steel cap and stained ash wood base self-sharpening block

J.A. Henckels International... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPGPZMB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

MikeUSMC said:
Nice set, alkhall! :cheers:

Funny you mention this... I just got my wife a set for her birthday last weekend :lol:
Havent tried them out yet, but looking forward to it

attachicon.gif
96D94A75-53CB-4F41-9086-27DB99384146.jpeg
attachicon.gif
81435EE8-E5C8-452B-8E95-C997CB47EB6B.jpeg

Set includes: 3" Paring Knife; 5" Serrated Utility Knife; 6" Utility Knife; 7" Santoku Knife; 8" Bread Knife; 8" Chef's Knife; 4.5" Steak Knives (6); Kitchen Shears; Self-Sharpening Knife Block
Stylish brushed stainless steel cap and stained ash wood base self-sharpening block

J.A. Henckels International... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPGPZMB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Nice.

I was not really sure how she would like them, so I only got 'starter set'.

Turns out, she loves them, so now I need to start expanding the set. She already asked where the steak knives are...

I was looking to buy a larger block in order to expand the new set, and was disappointed to hear Wusthof USA manufactures all their blocks in China.

I am committed to buying American, or at least not buying anything made in China.

Does anyone know of a brand that is manufactured in America?

alkhall said:
I believe I have a little over $1K in ours.

Gotta say I am jealous.  We just needed something decent for our amateur cooking.  I probably have closer to that much in my bushcraft / camping / pocket knives... But those have been collected over a few decades.  As long as our kitchen knives can make short work of peppers, tomatoes, and other veggies, we are happy.  Not to say I would turn down a set of hand forged Damascus blades... just not in the budget at the moment.  hah

westin said:

Gotta say I am jealous.  We just needed something decent for our amateur cooking.  I probably have closer to that much in my bushcraft / camping / pocket knives... But those have been collected over a few decades.  As long as our kitchen knives can make short work of peppers, tomatoes, and other veggies, we are happy.  Not to say I would turn down a set of hand forged Damascus blades... just not in the budget at the moment.  hah
Pros do it more like you described , collecting over time.

Sets tends to be like the home tool kits aimed at new home owners.

Screenshot-20210524-194126-2.png

Ashen said:
Pros do it more like you described , collecting over time.

Sets tends to be like the home tool kits aimed at new home owners.

Screenshot-20210524-194126-2.png

Shows where my priorities lie.  haha... We do have one fairly expensive kitchen knife that stays in its own little case in the cabinet... We do sushi a fair amount, and received a really nice sushi knife as a wedding gift.  It cost more than the emojoy set we bought.

As long as they do the job you need them to, its all good.

The most I have spent on a knife is $215 , the least is 10¢ at a second hand store.

There are things the 10¢ knife is better at than the expensive one

Back