• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Your Favorite Peppers?

These are definitely part of my favorites category - jalapenos and Manzanos from the Mexican market at the Flea Market. I will stuff these tonight.

001-1.jpg

Scotch Bonnet! I'm growing red, yellow, TFM, brown, Foodorama, peach long, Tobago yellow and reds, and Trinidad yellow and reds. Also, Nagabons and Bonnet Bell hots. Hope to try the MOA's in the future if I could ever get some seeds :)

Chocolate Habs and Douglahs, always good to have some brown varieties. Yellow 7's and yellow Bhuts are fantastic for great heat and flavor. So many great peppers.....and never enough time and space.

Yellow 7-pot hands down. I also love Fataliis and Scotch bonnets. Looking forward to Bonda ma Jacques this year.

Scotch Bonnet! I'm growing red, yellow, TFM, brown, Foodorama, peach long, Tobago yellow and reds, and Trinidad yellow and reds. Also, Nagabons and Bonnet Bell hots. Hope to try the MOA's in the future if I could ever get some seeds :)

+1 Scotch bonnets. I'm growing foodorama, red, yellow and nagabons to, my choc bonnets didn't germinate unfortunately. What are the Peach long like? They sound really good

No love for poblanos? C'mon guys! Seriously, if you're looking for a versatile pepper, go poblano! Great for stuffing, great for adding a little heat wherever you want it. And don't get me started on ancho(drained form of poblano) what flavor! Seriously, give any poblano variety a try. It's the closest we get too a sweet pepper in my house.

Giant Bhut, Fatalii, Serrano, Jalapeno and Mariachi. I love the Scorpions and 7 Pots too, but they're just too hot to eat on a regular basis.

I love the Scorpions and 7 Pots too, but they're just too hot to eat on a regular basis.
Maybe by themselves, but in a meal for two, one quarter - half of one does nicely. I smoke them on the grill or dehydrate them and save the rest for holding me over through the winter.

I'm assuming your wife might consider things like Fresno, Santa Fe Grande, Hungarian Hot Wax, Shipkas (Bulgarian Carrots), Poblano, Mexibell, Espanola Improved, Chimayo, Big Jim, and any kind of bell pepper "things we can use". We probably use more thai peppers than anything else in our house so we're growing Thai Hot, Thai Dragon, and Thai Demon but your wife might think they're too hot.

Back