• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Your only allowed 1.

Delectable Chilis...If You Could have Only One?

If you could only grow one variety of chili pepper, what would it be?

Not so much for heat, but for TASTE. And if it has heat, all the better:lol:.

Going to place my final seed order for 2009 and need some opinions.

:)

skealo said:
Here's the situation.

If you were only allowed one single pepper to grow, which one would it be?

Give a reason behind ur selection.

:hell:
PeteyPepper said:
If you could only grow one variety of chili pepper, what would it be?

Not so much for heat, but for TASTE. And if it has heat, all the better:lol:.

Going to place my final seed order for 2009 and need some opinions.

:)
Orange Habanero's.... taste is excellent heat is excellent its a good all around pepper, and the plants produce moderately prolific.

I couldn't pick one variety only. I only grew a single variety once some years ago, that was a Bird's Eye, but the only reason was that I didn't have too many seeds and most didn't germinate.
Well, if I really had to choose, it'd probably be something like a Jalapeno, great taste and some heat. I can always add more heat, so that'd be my conclusion.

Hungarian Hot Wax, hands down. Enough heat for me, great producer, tasty when pickled. I use them from when they are yellow all the way through powder.

Mike

I have tasted many a pepper, the one that knocks my socks off with flavor is the Caribbean Red Habanero.

I grew 10 plants this year and I have several gallons of frozen pods in my freezer.

I cant get over the aroma and the flavor they put off, very strawberry like. They are very hot, they produce very very well and are harty plants.

You also cannot get these puppies at the super market :shocked:

I think I said Orange Hab in an earlier response, but the choice would be between orange hab, orange thai, and tabasco...

I don't think I could limit myself to one variety since I use different varieties for different reasons...

so shoot me...

Fresno is a great pepper and much better than jalapeno in my opnion
and Champion just a really nice chili :mouthonfire:

Back