• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Your own top ten sauces...

I'm hoping to (one day) get enough cash together to make a sizeable sauce purchase overseas, and have it shipped home. As you will appreciate, the cost of shipping is huge when compared to the price of the goods so I will probably go with two dozen or so variety.

In order to avoid inferior product, I'd appreciate your top ten (or whatever!) sauces in order of preference...

Thanks! :lol:

I suppose that'd all depend on your own preferences.

I, for one (and I'd imagine only one), really like the Dave's and Blair's sauces. They seem to add heat and a hint of flavor to whatever I'm cooking without overpowering the dish as they're made with "extracts" that most people seem to find revolting. I am , however, of a different opinion....which I'll keep to myself to avoid the onslaught. ;) A little goes a long way and the heat they provide is formidable and noticeable to say the least.

That being said, if all you're looking for is to gulp down giant spoonfulls of it straight out of the bottle (which I see as a complete waste), or to add subtle yet more flavorful hints to your cooking, I'd avoid the extract sauces and go for brands like Defcon, Cajohn's, Gator Spice, Cajun Heat, Jim Campbell, and Zane&Zacks. They have awesome flavor and are good on damn near everything as well as chugging straight. :lol:

I do wish you luck!!

I don't know if I can put them in any order, but I will give you ten I really like.
Defcon 1
Melinda's Jolokia
El yucateo XXX Mayan Sauce
Srirachi
Blair's Muerte
Cajohn's Fatalii Puree
Danny Cash's NagaSabi Bomb
Bonesuckin' Hiccupin' Hot Sauce
Vicious Viper
Torchbearer's Annihilation Sauce

Much obliged fellas!

Sadly, not one of these great sounding names is available at any shop I've looked, so it looks like my importation is going ahead...

I look forward to seeing how many folk agree on a specific sauce, though as you state, Paulky, it's a very personal thing.

Hope your weekend is going well!

best place to find a good variety unfortunatley is online which means added shipping costs but most local shops just dont have a good selection.

Thanks for the comments, lads...

I would have thought at least someone else would have chimed in....but you did get some damn fine suggestions. ;)

Sure did, paulky - much appreciated. ;-)

One of my favorites for taste is Marie Sharp's Fiery Hot Habanero Pepper sauce. No matter what else I try, I always go back to it. I think that is the only sauce I always have in the house besides some tobasco for the wife.

I think the Top Ten lists would vary depaending on where you're buying from.

If going to a US or Canadian store, I would choose very differently than say getting sauces from THSC, who stocks mostly Aussie sauces.

IMHO, the non-extract sauces are preferred, and can get hot enough anyways.

Niel is pretty impartial, and if you look at his youtube page, you'll see a bunch of taste tests.

1) Franks Red Hot. Classic Taste and good on just about anything
2) Original Juans Fire and Spice. Great heat and Great flavor
3) Dave's Ghost Pepper Insanity Sauce. Huge heat, not bad flavor
4) Buffalo Wild WIngs' Habanero Mango Sauce. Sweet Heat Awesome Sauce
5) Green Tobasco Sauce----Great on frozen pizza and any breakfast meal
6) Original Juan's ---- Any of the Pain Sauces.
7) Melinda's Habanero XXXXtra Reserve
8) Quaker Steak's Buckeye Barbeque. A hot barbeque sauce
9) Tiger Sauce. Sweet with a little spice
10) Sriracha-----A must for me. Red Rooster baby

1) Franks Red Hot. Classic Taste and good on just about anything
2) Original Juans Fire and Spice. Great heat and Great flavor
3) Dave's Ghost Pepper Insanity Sauce. Huge heat, not bad flavor
4) Buffalo Wild WIngs' Habanero Mango Sauce. Sweet Heat Awesome Sauce
5) Green Tobasco Sauce----Great on frozen pizza and any breakfast meal
6) Original Juan's ---- Any of the Pain Sauces.
7) Melinda's Habanero XXXXtra Reserve
8) Quaker Steak's Buckeye Barbeque. A hot barbeque sauce
9) Tiger Sauce. Sweet with a little spice
10) Sriracha-----A must for me. Red Rooster baby

If you like Melinda's you should try their Naga Jolokia sauce. MUCH better IMO than Dave's Ghost sauce.

Just ordered some JayT. Thanks. They don't offer it in the stores around here, but a gas station sells the Daves stuff. Either way, can't wait to taste it.

This is the second list where they ask for the top ten. OK, here we go - once again:

My favourites in alphabetical order:

African Rhino Peri-Peri - Hot Sauce, 6.75 oz.
Great African taste and amazing design.

Blair`s Original Death Sauce, 5oz.
Simply a delicious Habanero hot sauce.

Brother Bru Bru`s - African Hot Sauce, 5oz.
A classic - natural and without salt.

CaJohn`s Select Serrano Puree, 5oz.
In my opinion, this manufacturer’s best. Serrano as it should be.

Captain Thom`s Thai Monkey Hot Sauce, 5oz.
Wow! My favourite of the captain’s great product line - with teriyaki and wasabi.

Cholula Hot Sauce, 5oz.
This is pure Mexican style.

Dragonfire Beast Killer, 5oz.
One of the world's hottest made without extract.

Mad Dog Inferno, 5.5 oz.
Nearly an extract - with a heat and plum explosion in your oral cavity.

Scovilla’s Hot Gourmet Fiery Bandito, 5oz
I’ve tasted many good Chipotle hot sauces but this one's still the best.

Scovilla`s Hot Gourmet Savina Kiss, 5oz.
My personal reference for a hot chili sauce.

TobagoKeys Peruvian Gold Grilling Sauce, 12oz.
Not really a hot sauce, but a great Caribbean taste of a bbq sauce. One of my all time faves.

Back