• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking 1st smoker run this year!

I just put on my smoker:

2 - 5 lb. whole chickens
1 - 8.5 lb. pork shoulder

Chickens - Just a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Pork Shoulder - Marinated in "Daddy's Louisiana Tarragon Mustard" for over 48 hours

Pics to come!!!

The chickens are for my mother-in-law. She loves it when I smoke stuff. :cool::cool::cool:

Here we go....

Just starting out.

The pork shoulder:
Pork.jpg

Everything:
100_0842.jpg

Lookin' good DD. Don't tell Passow you are "smokin'". Your choice of mustard is interesting. Looking forward to the final product pic and report.
Cheers, TB.

That mustard is just amazing. I don't know what it is with the mustard on a pork shoulder, but when it's done you don't taste the mustard at all.

I thought I'd try this mustard because of the seasonings in it.

Oh...I'm using hickory chips by the way.

I am feelin' you on the mustard DD. I use good ol' French's on my babybacks. I am marinating salmon for the smoker today but next week I am going to try babybacks kalbi style in the smoker.
Cheers, TB.

Dude...when you pull that pork..you're going to have to show pics of the sammich you put it on bro. I dig the version with coleslaw on top of the poke'. You've created a monster. Dig it.
Cheers, TB.

No slaw... The wife makes a killer slaw, but she's out doing real estate stuff -- no time for that.

The tragic thing is I'm out of my own sauce that matches up perfectly with the pork!!! I'll have to find something else that will do...

DD...out of sauce?!!! Oh the horror!!! The humanity of it all!!! That's worse than Berkley running out of rolling papers!
Cheers, TB.

: looks at mustard :

:sick:
texas blues said:
Lookin' good DD. Don't tell Passow you are "smokin'".
Damn, DD's smokin and he hasn't offer to pass it around. And on 420 nother the less?!?! For shame!

texas blues said:
I am feelin' you on the mustard DD. I use good ol' French's on my babybacks. I am marinating salmon for the smoker today but next week I am going to try babybacks kalbi style in the smoker.
Cheers, TB.
OH GOD! I just had a flash back of eating those smoked salmon you gave me last year....oh so good.

DD, I love those pictures man...They sure are making my mouth water. There is nothing better than smoked pork or chicken. By the way, where did ya find the smoker? I have always wanted one but could never find one that suited me.

I got it at Wal Mart..of all places. It's propane with a wood chip box right over the burner and a water pan above that.

I like the propane, that way I don't have to mess with the coals and the wood chips do all of the work.

got a pic of the smoker DD?

and you like it and it works good huh....may have to invest in one...wally world is about 1 1/2 miles from me...

Back