• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

Sawyer said:
Those tomato plants are beasts.  What's with the box of dirt in the next to the last picture?

Thanks Sawyer, the box of dirt is almost finished compost. Awesome batch this time it's 50% hardwood sawdust and green stuff outta the garden!

Devv said:
Nice haul! And simply awesome garden.

Great job this season!

Nice score on the RCW too!
Thanks Devv, what's RCW?

Yeah, they are a pain in the you-know-what.  I haven't had much trouble with hornworms this year (knock on wood), but the squash/stink bugs are getting carried away in my squash.  Time to get a stool, cup'a joe, and start squashing squash bugs.

I still get damage, but not like last year. I think because it rained and they have other plants to bother. Something (I've yet to figure out what) eats the peppers on certain plants. They like the Reaper's, Douglah's, and the sweet peppers. Perhaps it's the sugar content.

No hornworms this year at all, which is good!

Sawyer said:
Yeah, they are a pain in the you-know-what.  I haven't had much trouble with hornworms this year (knock on wood), but the squash/stink bugs are getting carried away in my squash.  Time to get a stool, cup'a joe, and start squashing squash bugs.

I think I got them all for now.  They smoked one of my plants today while I was at work.

Devv said:
I still get damage, but not like last year. I think because it rained and they have other plants to bother. Something (I've yet to figure out what) eats the peppers on certain plants. They like the Reaper's, Douglah's, and the sweet peppers. Perhaps it's the sugar content.

No hornworms this year at all, which is good!

Hornworms are crazy man!  Big, camo, and hungry!

Back