• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest 2017 Inaugural Southern Hemisphere Growdown Throwdown Aji Amarillo

First little hook has appeared! Things should start moving along now

tr9chiyl.jpg

Drathag and I have the best climate - We've not dropped below highs of 14 and lows of 7!

We do get "man storms" though
It's is the storm equivalent of man flu. Everyone panics and warns about how bad it is (deadly!) but in reality someone's patio furniture got blown over

KAOS said:
Sweet TBG looking great. Three for three.

Let me know if your stalks turn dark. Mine are a purple brown colour now.

Yeah, mine are purpley too. You can kinda see it in the photo of them a few posts back.

Third one germinated without any problems. Now I can cut back on the updates :rofl:

Grow my beauties! GROW! My stalks are also purpley. There's one or two more seeds in each cup that have yet to surface (for redundancy), but the germination rate on these seeds from pepperlover.com seems great.
bmqCHRml.jpg

Good stuff drathag!

Looks like you'll have plenty of backups, but hopefully you won't be needing them ;)

A quick glance at my three:

First is starting to work on its first leaves.
:woohoo:

I laugh every time I see your Amarillos TBG.

Looks like you got 1st 2nd and 3rd prize flags on them. :rofl:

Looking really good by the way.

My stems are almost black - maybe a nutrient thing ?

Progress so far ...

ccm3l04q.ybb.jpg

awesome competition. ive got a lemon drop going for the throwdown, i believe is open to everyone. Remember everyone, diesel oil does wonders :rolleyes:
HAHAHAHA good luck everyone. looking forward to seeing some great progress.

LocalFart said:
Man you guys are soo far ahead... I'm not starting until maybe August... we haven't even gotten proper winter weather here yet so I can't start just yet

Technically only 19 days behind, but as TBG has said it just means our season will end 19 days sooner than yours.

Unless of course, and this goes with saying really, I think he has a cunning plan that involves moving the plant around the world so that it thinks it's always in summer mode.

Powelly - have you had any poppage yet ?

Powelly said:
Yeah I got home today and I have hooks
It was the second lot that I planted, which means 8 or 9 days from sow to poppage

Perhaps I planted the first lot too far down

Nice Powelly. Glad to hear you have some action. Hey maybe the others will pop up eventually.

I just transplanted into 0.6l pots so mine will be stuck for the next week or two getting used to soil. Had to since roots decided rockwool was getting too crowded lol.

KAOS said:

Technically only 19 days behind, but as TBG has said it just means our season will end 19 days sooner than yours.

Unless of course, and this goes with saying really, I think he has a cunning plan that involves moving the plant around the world so that it thinks it's always in summer mode.

Powelly - have you had any poppage yet ?

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd you know? :rofl:

And your plants in #110 look great! Way ahead of mine!

Pics soon......  :hell:

POSTSCRIPT EDIT: I think that the rules of the competition prevent my master plan, as it is the "Southern Hemisphere" growdown. Does this mean plants must remain in the S.H to be eligible? Darn!

Holy heck, what are you giving those plants?!?!?!?!

Either you're fast or I'm slow, coz that's not one day's difference in growth!

Thought I'd better update y'all, I transplanted the first one into a solo cup.

No feeding yet, that's probably why there's the difference in growth... I better figure out something fast.

On another note...
Paperwork wise, I have listed as having started:
KAOS - 21/6
drathag - 21/6
Powelly - 21/6
ThatBlondGuy101 - 22/6

If anyone else has started, or I messed up the dates, let me know ;)

But there's some good looking stuff going on, I sense a very good competition! 
I've also been pondering the prize side of things, and have a few things up my sleeve.... too bad they'll stay there when we finish :D :rofl:

You know......    cause I'll win.......

not convinced?

Damn.

:rofl:

Woah! That's insane!

Hopefully its going to be a case of slow and steady wins the race, cause I can sense myself getting left behind!

where/how are you growing yours?

Back