• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

2nd attempt in sauce making

ok this is my second attempt at making the hot sauce.. this time using even hotter peppers.! Assam bhuts. what an experience! this is that i put in the mesh which i blended. after that i cooked it about 25 minutes added some apple cider vinegar ,salt and olive oil.
p1040531v.jpg

after cooking it and cooling it.
p1040533.jpg

while blending the mesh i got some splash on to my forehead, hands and arms..!!! crazy burn!! felt it for about 4 hours. my finger nails are still burning the next day. ( on and off). While cooking , the fumes were choking! had to bring in a stand fan to blow air out of the kitchen. my body was having burning sensation all over.. hehehe took shower twice! lucky when i was cooking nobody was around. :) hehehe

i might modify the sauce with some mango or papaya to reduce spread the heat a bit becos its super hot! :onfire: ! (hmm has some burning piss) hahaha wondering if i add some stevia leaves in this how would it taste like ? have anybody tried it before ?

I've been interested in playing with stevia but just haven't had the chance to grow it yet. I have heard it is amazingly sweet, so maybe that would offset the burn burn burn of your sauce. :mouthonfire:

Are those little peppers tabascos?

The sauce looks great buddy!

I've been interested in playing with stevia but just haven't had the chance to grow it yet. I have heard it is amazingly sweet, so maybe that would offset the burn burn burn of your sauce. :mouthonfire:

Are those little peppers tabascos?

The sauce looks great buddy!
thanks :) yup those little peppers are tabasco peppers. you know what .. i went home yesterday and tasted my sauce again.. the heat was tolerate-able and i like it :) so i am not going to add anything to mesh up the heat that it has :) hehehe

Looking good! With that many bhuts in a bottle, I'm sure it's plenty hot too.
there were only 8 pods of bhuts and the rest were tabasco's

Back