• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

I agree, tired of the north fronts and the wind! This last one blew for 48 hours here.

Bhut I do like the cooler weather that they bring ;)

Heres a couple shots of the scotch bonnets although they don't look quite like the other pics of sb I've seen these pods are growing the same as the first ones that set. Maybe its just the small pots.

And one of the fatalii. This plant had me frustrated for a while but now I'm lovin it.

And the others. The closest one is my triple coty primo, and the other 2 are the bbg7 which seem to be most affected by these late fronts and rain. The new top growth is severely wrinkled and has the outter edges curling upwards. I found a few pests on them the other week but I dont think they are the source of the problem, I've hit them with neem and haven't seen any pests the past couple days so time will tell.

I agree, tired of the north fronts and the wind! This last one blew for 48 hours here.

Bhut I do like the cooler weather that they bring ;)
Definitely like the cooler temps but yeah the wind was driving me nuts. Its windy as hell here in CC now but when it comes out the south the building blocks it and the plants get a nice gentle breeze. Where you located Devv?

thirdcoasttx said:
Heres a couple shots of the scotch bonnets although they don't look quite like the other pics of sb I've seen these pods are growing the same as the first ones that set. Maybe its just the small pots.
They look pretty decent. The ones that look awesome are the yellow MoA ones.

Heres one of Steve's pics, from the glog.
005_zps5d1f47af.jpg

Man when I first joined this forum I had a guy offer to send me MOA seeds but I was a little leary of handing out my address. Guess I should have taken him up on it, those look delicious!

Went ahead and pulled the 3 ripe fataliis today. The one with the 90° stem I diced up to put on my steak for tonight. Out of curiosity I took a bite of the flesh on the cap HOLY HELL!!!! It was way hotter than the first one I picked and ate whole last week! I don't know what made it different but it was an instant burn lips, tongue, and roof of the mouth!

Damn I found em!!! Yep I found aphids on my bhut thats probably whats causing problems with my bbg7s too. Im gonna hit em with some more neem this evening and if that doesnt help by the end of the week I might have to result to drastic measures.

Are ants bringing them to the plants? If so get them while your at it ;)

You know I have noticed a few ants on them a while back. Im not sure where they are coming from either I dont see any ant beds around.

I've been here 25 years, and am just starting to see the "little ants", normally we just have the cut ants. And they like to strip our trees. OK ants take a few, but all of them and kill the tree? How about preserving your environment? OK done ranting :D

We make sticky notes: Ant patrol ;)

Now the previous owner was an exterminator, so I'm sure he treated the place with some good stuff. Still no fire ants, and that's a blessing

Managed to snap a photo of this funky green spider carrying off a fly on one of the bbg7s. I took down the sticky traps because I found a ladybug in there and being that we have a small aphid problem I want as many ladybugs as I can get.

Great looking fataliis. I can't wait until I have some that look like that - it's my first year growing them.
Thanks yall. These are my first fatalii pods and they are awesome. I ate the first one whole and it wasn't too bad, around habanero heat, the second one I used to cook and I took one little bite and it lit my mouth on fire!!!! I just pulled two more off (will post pics in a bit) im gonna wait for a couple more to ripen and then make some sauce! Thanks for stopping by!

Back