• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7pot-Rennie

PicsArt_1356014671832_zps22695c71.jpg
I was lucky enough to grow a few plants of this awesome pepper. My original seeds came from armac, and I know he also sheared with other members here. Heck ! I'll go straight to the point...This 7 is hot ! really hot, the heat went every where, and taste wise is very interesting... being sweet and bitter at the same time.

Nice picture Tex. Tex is the supreme grower down here, and his picture taking is getting good also.

I have a buddy at work that is from Grenada, his name is Rennie, his wife is from Trinidad. Her family was nice enough to collect the hottest pepper they could find, dry them and send me the seeds. I passed out some seeds to friends and to 2 reputable seed vendors (Old Barn Nursery..Chiligrower and Pepperlover...Judy).

Tex is the only one so far to get to pod and he says they are about the 3rd hottest pepper he has ever had. Maybe he can expand on his list of hottest for us.

We decided to name them, only to be able to segregate them as they grow, in case they turned up to be unusual.

We should call them TEX'S TERROR and do an aggressive marketing campaign, but I doubt we will......

I have a plant with pods, I will get up some photos later, and I know Tex has another rennie or two. Also a friend in Cali has one in a DWC.

This may not be the newest hottest pepper but it is a wild pepper brought in from Trinidad about 7 or 8 months back...enjoy

My buddy Tex is pepper testing king. He has some video but us Texans are not proficient in technolgy to post them. So at this point only his written description is available.

Hopefulluy we will have some more ripe pods soon.

It was growing in an unfarmed area........

Sorry, I like details, no offense intended, but is this unfarmed area an overgrown front/backyard, a roadside, or a forest edge, wild chapparal, etc.? Or did you not get that much detail from the collector? Thanks, just curious...

Little anal about the details eh Indiana_Jesse?

Great looking pod. I like the name 7 Pot Rennie. Keep things simple is my way.

Not sure about the details, they picked the peppers from an unfarmed area, dried them, and sent the seeds to the US.

All I have.

I am not trying to make this pepper any more than it is. I tell it like it happened, no more, no less.

Makes me wish one of the times to Barbados I would have picked some pods of random plants growing along the road, near cliffs and wild unmanned fields. I often wonder did man or birds drop the seeds. Super-hots for sure but that was before I knew anything about them, about 8 years ago.

Great looking pod, reminds me of my 7POT Jonah.

Little anal about the details eh Indiana_Jesse?

Yeah, I suppose...

Not sure about the details, they picked the peppers from an unfarmed area, dried them, and sent the seeds to the US.

All I have.

I am not trying to make this pepper any more than it is. I tell it like it happened, no more, no less.

Cool. Sorry didn't want to sound like I was doubting authenticity or something, was just super curious.

To be honest, I got the seeds the way I posted. Not going to try and prove anything to anybody.

Not worth my time.

Honestly folks, I really like the way this thread is going. Of course with anything new there's questions, doubts, and skeptism but with patience,and apologies for misunderstandings... we all can understand the subject being discussed and learn a thing or two from time to time.

Thank Y'all Much !
-Tex

Interesting. I wonder if it is just a variation of what is already about?? That pod certainly is Cool looking almost looks like a red version of my yellow 7pot/pods in shape and skin texture.

Back